Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I know there is a lot of hate on the man (good reason), but I cannot help myself. I am excited for this game and my doubts that it will be pulled off lessen every live stream (take that Eq Next)...Maybe I am just a sucker for the old school buff sound "acquired" by Pantheon. That said, the campaign of memes brings me great joy.

I'm gonna play this game if it comes out. Even if it ends up a masterpiece which...I have my doubts, it won't make me forget some of the better moments of the Bradsaga's though.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I need someone to go back into the old rerolled and salvage the fuzzy trolls and other pantheon dank memes

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck it, I'll admit this is the only mmo on the horizon I'm actually looking forward too. I personally haven't played anything satisfying since EvE and WoW luanch up till Naxx.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
The simple fact that SiliASS isn't involved in the game anymore makes me want to donate to this game alone. God I hated that Jack ass.

The two live events they broadcasted of the game play were great. It went a long way to giving credibility to the project.

The only advice I would give Brad is...
1. keep the game a virtual world.
2. Don't create forced gameplay.
3. Mobs should observe the same game rules as players.
4. No warping to players.
5. No summoning of players.
6. No artificial degradation of player power simply because of the level difference between player and monster.
7. No trivial loot code
8. No fucking bind-on-whatever shit
9. No God damned instance runs
10. No collecting points/tickets/tokens to take back to the Chuckee Cheese prize booth back in town to exchange for gear. Let the fucking gear drop off the fucking mobs instead!
11. No forced mob grouping. Allow for split pulling
12. No buffs with durations less than 30 minutes. I don't want part of my rotation to include hitting a short duration buff
13. Pets should be more than just a visual DoT. Bring back powerful pets
14. No forced grouping. I should group because I want to rather than because I have to. If I want to solo or duo, I should have the option to do so with the knowledge that there will be more risk, but if I'm good enough, it should be rewarding
15. Bring back bards, monks, and enchanters to the Mmorpg industry. Charms, mezzing, and split pulling is a completely lost play style in the industry
16. No more pull everything, blast it down with AoE in five seconds, run to next room, and repeat non stop (alarm EQ2). If game play is so fast that you don't even have enough time to see how cool the dungeon looks around you then there's something really wrong.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Hi, team. We've got a LOT of work to do to bring this thread to the glory it deserves.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users
I agree with mostly everything your wrote. the only thing I flat out disagree with is the no forced grouping bit. I am fine with being able to solo some one off stragglers roaming around ala Eq1 or maybe even pockets of solo content you can enjoy when you cannot find a group. Perhaps a game that is 60% to 70% group required and 30% to 40% solo accessible would work. I do not know where the sweet spot would be, but I firmly believe too much damn solo content is what is killing the community vibe of the genre.

Things I need more elaboration on to form an opinion include: #3, #6, and #8. I think your buff duration of 30 minutes would be great, but I would even settle for 15 if that is the best they could do. I assume this duration request would not be for classes like bards? If it is, what do you think a good way to differentiate bards would be? As for 15 and 16 I could not agree more. My wife played an Enchanter in Eq1 and she would have a blast controlling big pulls and it would make things feel much more exciting knowing that if she screwed up, we were done. Fast/trivial content and no consequential community identity has lead MMOs that are mostly queue for dungeon, clear it without talking, rinse and repeat. It sucks. I guess Guilds help though.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
My feeling is once they start trying to engineer content to be "solo" it's going to be bad. Just give us different, interesting mobs and zones and let players figure out if it's somewhere you want to go solo or want to bring friends. If they're intentionally trying to engineer in a percentage of solo content they're going to not only fuck it up, but spend a lot of time and resources in that fucking. Case in point: Vanguard and the stupid dot system they spent a ton of time trying to make work and then having to balance and it was still never balanced and you'd get players mad they couldn't solo a 3 dot and then you'd have a discussion on the intended hardness of 3 dots, etc. Assigning such rigid definitions for something like mob strength opens up a system you have to spend a ton of time trying to balance instead of just shrugging and saying some mobs are harder than others and lurn2play.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ahh Pantheon. I'm just doing my part in stating the fact that this game will not release.

Carry on dreamers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
itll release. Will just take 5 more years.

it's not difficult to make an mmo anymore, just long and tedious.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know nothing of coding, but I know how to download Unity assets.

Can I make a game?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Ahh Pantheon. I'm just doing my part in stating the fact that this game will not release.

Carry on dreamers.

Why so negative, Furious? I'm going to at least hope that this game releases, and is good, cause every other MMO on the horizon looks like Korean dog shit.