Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
So, where are we again? (I forgot where we left off on the other forums)

I know Brad posted those new screenshots on facebook, any other developments in the last 2 weeks?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
New Pantheon Screenshots look pretty baller I have to admit.

5A78dqE.jpg

bMfw0uz.jpg

Skyrim142.jpg

God damn you, Booze. You got my hopes up for a second. :(

5A78dqE.jpg

bMfw0uz.jpg

Skyrim142.jpg

Reht

Molten Core Raider
May have to make a thread over there asking for it then, if nothing else it should get me a little more hate thrown my way

kudos

<Banned>
As sad as it makes me... This game is really the only MMO on the horizon worth a shit. It really doesn't look that bad from the twitch videos I've watched of gameplay. I just have a feeling it's going to run like shit because Brad is making it and he has yet to make a game that doesn't run like shit on anything but a $4000 gaming PC.

Original EQ - Needed a graphics card
SoL - Ran like absolute fucking shit
Vanguard - Ran like shit when released

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
As sad as it makes me... This game is really the only MMO on the horizon worth a shit. It really doesn't look that bad from the twitch videos I've watched of gameplay. I just have a feeling it's going to run like shit because Brad is making it and he has yet to make a game that doesn't run like shit on anything but a $4000 gaming PC.

I cannot agree more.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider

I doubt it's going to be unplayable or something (like Vanguard's launch day) especially since it's a Unity Engine and they claim to optimize the game after every update and let optimization happen afterwards (no idea what that means; this is what I read).
I honestly wouldn't care less if the game is not very optimize like BDO or Blizzard games. As long as it's running reasonably well (and I bet it is going to be) then I'm fine.

What's important is the game play and design approach. For the FIRST time ever since EQ I find a game I know I'm going to enjoy. Finally.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Nah, what's important is the game actually runs well. Not just barely good enough. But so well people can actually experience the gameplay and design without distractions and annoyances. Sure, a few lamers won't care about performance because they're desperate turds. But make no mistake functionality is absolutely the most important thing to get right.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would be a huge mistake to release a buggy game. People don't have the tolerance for that anymore.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Would be a huge mistake to release a buggy game. People don't have the tolerance for that anymore.

I agree. But the MMO future is pretty dark and I don't see anything on the horizon that gives me hope.

I want to believe Brad! Be our MMO savior!

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah. I agree. My tolerance for buggy, half completed shit has basically reached zero. Ironically, it seems more publishers are willing to push out partially completed products these days. I miss the days where games weren't released unless they were in a playable state.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hah. I just watched that video Bisi made. You're still a creep Bisi but would watch again.