Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pay back Pantheon funds!? Pfft.. those dirt bikes aren't going to ride themselves!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
What if this is like the key to success?

EQ had no hype and almost went under a million times during development if you believe that Sony documentary and it shaped the world of MMOs.

Every other MMO that comes up gets so hyped before release that they suck when it comes out.

Maybe, just maybe Brad is a visionary and he plays the role of a clueless fool in order to knock our fucking socks off.

Drug addiction -a ploy
Failed Kickstarter -a ploy
Terrible initial promo video - a ploy
Embezzlement - a ploy
Massive employee desertion - a ploy
Super Fundie Christian squad - a ploy
Fuzzy trolls -a ploy
9/11 -the Jews

This man is playing 4d underwater chess and he's going to release the new Messiah in Video game form.

I mean *THINK* about it man...

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would never pay Brad a penny before I am guaranteed to play the game. Saying this I am surprised how they managed to keep this up and release a PLAYABLE stream which, to me, is a clear indication that this game at least playable. This is way more than we got for Everquest: Next or Project Copernicus and many other canceled MMOs. If I'd bet; I'd say Brad is going to release this game. It's shocking because a year ago I was certain this was a shit show is not going anywhere with all the drama, failed kickstarter and those weird people involved in the project.

But this doesn't mean anything if the gameplay is like every other MMO. It is not, the gameplay is exactly what I've been asking for. This game is almost designed for me. So, when it gets released I know I'm going to have a good time.

Lawrs_EQ2

N00b
Whoever made it possible to save this thread (and others) from the previous site - two thumbs up from me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
So like, I have mad respect for their zone modelling guy monty. Him and Joppa are really driving this project right now. It's funny how people join brad's xp group, and ya, sometimes he will invite some nerd to the group because no one else is LFG. But, he really has some talent right now.

Compared to someone like Salim and that whole crew, monty/joppa duo is crushing that original squad in work accomplished.

Just to throw this out there about their original shithead SOE drop-out crew, there was only one of them that actually deserves some respect. James Rochelle is a very talented dude, only guy from original pantheon squad I'd white night.

Needs more live-coding videos though. This project needs to attract more "hungry" talent. Harvest these Unity3d kids from the internet.

umm, think thats all the random thoughts I have so far to keep this thread moving?

I don't get why people say he stole money. That seemed like a bs story to me. Game looks promising, my only concern is that it will be a faithful remake of EQ which I don't really want. I want EQ at its core but with new stuff on top.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rochelle!? You need to explain that more Tyenbro.. nice guy but he wasn't working unless he was paid. I won't argue about his talent but that talent was only showed if he was paid upfront. It's a really bad approach for a Kickstarter and if you remember, they had no art back then. It really killed the content they could have released. Art would have helped.

Last edited:

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't get why people say he stole money. That seemed like a bs story to me. Game looks promising, my only concern is that it will be a faithful remake of EQ which I don't really want. I want EQ at its core but with new stuff on top.

It's a really simple concept. He was making a game, money was collected to make that game, and then he used it for personal reasons.

I agree that Joppa and Monty were his best pick ups but it's not like there's a strong comparison between Team 1 and Team 2. First team had other options and weren't there long before Brad pulled the heist. I don't think Brad was willing to do any work at that time either and he really was a detriment early. It is the same guy who gave a leadership position to Fuzzy Troll. Same guy who decided to do a kickstarter with just basic concepts. The most impressive part is that Joppa, Monty, and management have been able to work past Brad to make a game. To actually get him involved instead of eating all the time.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MMO development is such an interesting beast. So many people needed to make it happen but only a few get all the credit or blame in the end.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not necessarily though. I mean how many people are making this product?
For example, project gorgon was made basically all by one dude

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think brad said he wanted around 20-30 at full dev cycle but im referring to Studio made MMOs. There aren't a lot of project gorgons out there.

Last edited: