Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
ya, pantheon really needs more of tony's A+ lore that i went over a few pages back. lol

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i've never been a big lore guy so it doesn't really bother me. I think he'd work well with the current group. He had a lot of passion.

Vu is the guy i really wanted back. He was already talented and was pushing to expand with the 3D modeling he was learning. He landed on his feet pretty well tho.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
You were never really a big lore guy but you have no problem letting your pals know you just killed Rok’Nhilthamos, the current Dragon King?

Tony's work needs to be wiped clean like a shitty EQ server.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was soloing in full cobalt + wurmslayer / lammy on my warrior twink in LOIO during Kunark. Was SLOW.

I remember during early Velious, when I had rerolled from an enchanter to a warrior main, thinking "MAN if only I had a lammy and cobalt bp I'd be able to actually solo!!!" because I'd see a warrior solo killing spiders in Velks quite a bit.

Then I got a raid spot as a warrior and started getting top end gear rapidly, and I realized if I had stuck around to watch them for any amount of time I would have seen that as a warrior you can solo 1 mob per 35 minutes or so.

Loved EQ so fucking much.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
They added two new people to the team, maybe we'll see pre-alpha before 2019 now.

October 4, 2016 7:21 AM EDT

Pantheon Community,

We have added two new team members to the roster, so feel free to stop by and say hello :)

Tod “Zippyzee” Curtis is a long-time gamer and programmer, starting way back in the pre-Commodore 64 days. He played a druid in EverQuest for many years, a necromancer in EverQuest II, and a necromancer in Vanguard, among other characters across a broad variety of role-playing games. Tod’s programming background includes a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from Indiana University, in 2012. During his studies, he focused primarily on Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision. He is co-founder and imaging director for Social Sweepster, a service that scans social media for objectionable photos and posts. Tod’s initial focus on Pantheon will be designing and implementing NPC AI behavior. He hopes to create a more interesting (and fun) system that advances the genre and is more engaging to the players. After that, he will dabble in anything that the Pantheon gods desire. He is, of course, excited to be on the team and looking forward to interacting with the community.

Pierre Cadieux is an Information Security professional with extensive experience as an Information Security executive and consultant. Pierre has worked for some of the world's largest companies, dealing with some of the biggest incident response breaches to date, including working for companies such as Mandiant, IBM, Verizon Professional Services, Zurich Financial, and AIG to name a few. Pierre is a long time table-top RPG player (AD&D, RuneQuest, MERP, Pathfinder) and computer gamer. Some of his favorite games include; Ultima V, Skyrim, Quest for Glory, and Myth the fallen lords and he is also a member of an international full contact steel sword fighting group.

Please join us in welcoming both Tod and Pierre to the team, it is great to have them both on board with us.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's gonna rock! I'm sure there will be some Q&A's in the future. Time needs to be right for that type of thing, I don't think it's good for anyone on the team to come here until they have tested a lot of their mechanics and have a pretty solid idea of what to expect. Tossing untested ideas into the wind wont cut it, not here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's gonna rock! I'm sure there will be some Q&A's in the future. Time needs to be right for that type of thing, I don't think it's good for anyone on the team to come here until they have tested a lot of their mechanics and have a pretty solid idea of what to expect. Tossing untested ideas into the wind wont cut it, not here.

Convo, any news of a new coming twitch stream? new zones/dungeons?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Convo, any news of a new coming twitch stream? new zones/dungeons?

I honestly have no idea :-( Hopefully tho. Not sure if anyone picked up on the new member Todd, but he was working on the VGEMU project. You can see his message to the community on their site about being picked up for Pantheon. From what I understand, he did a lot on that project and is a really good programmer. It's great to see the team grow with people like this.

Last edited:

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I honestly have no idea :-( Hopefully tho. Not sure if anyone picked up on the new member Todd, but he was working on the VGEMU project. You can see his message to the community on their site about being picked up for Pantheon. From what I understand, he did a lot on that project and is a really good programmer. It's great to see the team grow with people like this.

Zippyzee is a great guy. Very motivated and a solid developer. He did a ton of work for VGEmu including the item system, diplo, npc movement and ai, banking, and a very convoluted quest system. We'll be sorry to see him working less on VGEmu, but I'm happy that Pantheon is getting another good programmer.

I saw that the other guy is part of international steel sword fighting league. Thats better than dudes throwing tinfoil at each other yelling "Fireball" I hope.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I saw that the other guy is part of international steel sword fighting league. Thats better than dudes throwing tinfoil at each other yelling "Fireball" I hope.

I don't know, a dude swinging around a steel sword might get ripped and all the nerds will be intimidated seeing him and get nothing done.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Look at all the people still playing P99 15 hours a day and are on call for raid mobs 24-7. A new game could hook and addict a larger audience. Kind of sick when you think of it that way, being a pixel dealer trying to hook people on your product like that and all.

Just get it right for the niche and don't try to turn it into some ultra-mainstream-please-every-retard-fest.

I'd love to be community manager and tell people they're casuals and to buzz off (I would literally do this job for free).

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users