Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Every game made in this industry has resource management. This statement is true in any game you play. The bads are bad everywhere and it costs groups in every MMO ever made. You must have played in some really shitty groups or still fantasize about the first 20 levels because I rarely had problems with a group unless we were in a dungeon. Surprisingly(not really), it is much harder in dungeons and raids in every other MMO too. It's almost like other games use these same concepts or something...
I wouldn't think I'd have to point out the difference in resource management when you can click an item and completely restore your bar, to one that requires group buffs and considerable time, but apparently I do. When it takes more time and there is more unpredictability by way of roamers, trains, random spawns, resists, and so forth, it completely changes the mana conservation aspect of the game, as well as the intensity of combat itself.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I wouldn't think I'd have to point out the difference in resource management when you can click an item and completely restore your bar, to one that requires group buffs and considerable time, but apparently I do.

pkmFvJB.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't think I'd have to point out the difference in resource management when you can click an item and completely restore your bar, to one that requires group buffs and considerable time, but apparently I do. When it takes more time and there is more unpredictability by way of roamers, trains, random spawns, resists, and so forth, it completely changes the mana conservation aspect of the game, as well as the intensity of combat itself.

Once again, you must have been in some shit groups.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raign

Golden Squire
Yeah, buying KEI from some rando selling buffs in your local server's popular spot was real social. As for grouping with people that is no less social than any other game.

Right, just let me hit up that rando selling kei just hanging out at the end of Sol B. and are you saying that grouping in a no-down-time, 50 action per minute mmo is the same social environment as EQ? Pretty sure you didn't even play the games being talked about here if that is the case. If you are just here to troll, at least be good at it.

It's kinda sad that these people only liked MMOs during a very, very small window of gaming. It really adds to the nostalgia argument because nothing else ever fit that feeling. "You know, when I was young again, women were hotter, and the games...oh man for 20 months game(s) were awesome! But then Luclin released. And then those dirty plebs at Blizzard released a game everyone could compete in? I wasn't special no more?! Fuck those bastards!!!"

It honestly isn't like that at all. I enjoyed the hell out of Vanilla / TBC and to a lesser extent the more recent expansions, but Wow has been done to death -- both by Blizzard and by 20 other companies. Some of us would just like to see a game that focuses on social interaction and class co-dependency / interaction, EQ represents a lot of that for us despite it's flaws and broken features.

Obviously there is more than just this boards handful of interested parties as some have indicate or Blizzard would not be looking at rolling out classic servers which are much closer to this 'vision'.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Right, just let me hit up that rando selling kei just hanging out at the end of Sol B.

T2O9oZa.png

I can't help it if you were playing with scrub tier pug retards.

and are you saying that grouping in a no-down-time, 50 action per minute mmo is the same social environment as EQ?

Yeah, they invented Voice Chat for a reason.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Raign

Golden Squire
Right.. so all my level 30 group needed was a buff from a level 50 enchanter or to have a pocket 55 magician sitting in camp with us. Makes sense. I guess we can just chat with him over team speak when it is invented in three years, see if he will come hang. I guess you started in what, Luclin? Pop? One more pointless child with nothing to contribute to be ignored.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It honestly isn't like that at all. I enjoyed the hell out of Vanilla / TBC and to a lesser extent the more recent expansions, but Wow has been done to death -- both by Blizzard and by 20 other companies. Some of us would just like to see a game that focuses on social interaction and class co-dependency / interaction, EQ represents a lot of that for us despite it's flaws and broken features.

Obviously there is more than just this boards handful of interested parties as some have indicate or Blizzard would not be looking at rolling out classic servers which are much closer to this 'vision'.

I agree with a lot of that. As I said before, many people, including me, are tired of WoW shit and are willing to give this a try. Some of the rose tinted convos though are completely wrong or outdated after the first 6-12 months of EQ. People are describing EQ at it's absolute best, without it's flaws, with many details totally wrong or fabricated. They are also exaggerating the worst aspects of a better made game so highly that I question how much some of them even played WoW. That's not a valid description or comparison. It hurts valid arguments when you hear ridiculous comparisons like I've seen here since almost the beginning of the thread.

WoW has voice chat options for raiding,etc. There is social interaction and class co-dependency if people want it and have people to play with. Ask Noodle who runs a WoW guild. Plenty of conversations, interactions, etc. EQ had classes that did not need such things either. My necro and bard did not need groups before high level content. Zero need for necro and grouping actually slowed my bard's leveling after the early 20s. EQ released LDoN and instanced dungeons before WoW released. The ILvl shit was a natural extension of EQ considering both are gear based games. It is ridiculous to hear resource management posts when WoW raiding requires so much more than anything EQ ever accomplished. Nothing in EQ required what AQ40 early Naxx, or Sunwell did. It's like someone shitting on a super-model because she has flat feet while your wife looks like this. Just because it fucked you first doesn't make it ok.

35981b.jpg

• 2Like

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
Did none of you fucks play an Enchanter in EQ Trilogy era? No resource management? No mana problems? Jesus Christ I was constantly sweating blood trying to keep haste on whiney ass melee, clarity on the casters, mezzing adds, slowing if no Shaman, stupid Cleric wanting Rune, and God forbid trying to charm during all that shit too.

Y'all making me go full sperg lord over here, talking about non classic KEI and shit, when fucking Luclin is when everything we're all constantly bitching about started! KEI was the beginning of the problems, 2 hours mana buffs? Then followed by PoK books that ended porting for donations, etc etc we've already said all this shit a million times.

But god damn. No mana problems in Classic EQ? That's some bullshit right there. Buncha fucking Warriors, Rogues, and afk Mage-ass motherfuckers! I'm so triggered I might have to dye my hair blue, get a long winded tattoo on my neck, and pierce my man-clit. Fuck!

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Did none of you fucks play an Enchanter in EQ Trilogy era? No resource management? No mana problems? Jesus Christ I was constantly sweating blood trying to keep haste on whiney ass melee, clarity on the casters, mezzing adds, slowing if no Shaman, stupid Cleric wanting Rune, and God forbid trying to charm during all that shit too.

Y'all making me go full sperg lord over here, talking about non classic KEI and shit, when fucking Luclin is when everything we're all constantly bitching about started! KEI was the beginning of the problems, 2 hours mana buffs? Then followed by PoK books that ended porting for donations, etc etc we've already said all this shit a million times.

But god damn. No mana problems in Classic EQ? That's some bullshit right there. Buncha fucking Warriors, Rogues, and afk Mage-ass motherfuckers! I'm so triggered I might have to dye my hair blue, get a long winded tattoo on my neck, and pierce my man-clit. Fuck!

Why didn't you get coth'd to the zone in every 50 mins by the imaginary mage and pumped by the imaginary necros who were sitting by the enchanters that didn' t exist waiting to give everyone kei? Sounds like your mana management strategy needed work. :rolleyes:

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
This board is pretty harsh and will be even after it comes out, but don't let anyone fool you everyone in this thread is gonna try the game lmao

No thanks. But just like the EQ threads, I look forward to reading the lulz/drama

• 1Worf

forensic

Molten Core Raider
Did none of you fucks play an Enchanter in EQ Trilogy era?

Skanda's out of touch comments drive home how the feel of EQ changed with Luclin.

EQ felt immersive because the world pushed back at you. This was only true up to Velious. After that it became a theme park ride.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
ITT: People reminiscing about how easy EQ was when they were grinding dungeons 3 expansion back with out of group characters using spells and abilities that are 10 levels higher than the level cap which existed when their dungeon was current. SO EASY.

In an appropriate zone in appropriate gear without out of group aid almost all classes will have mana issues during the entire grind from 1-60 in EQ, especially when the content was current. Also, most PUGs are full of terrible players, far worse than you can imagine, even now.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Why were you sweating blood trying to keep long durations buffs up? And mana problems on your enchanter? All you had to do was mez and maybe slow during group play. Mana problems means either you were bad or your group was trying to train other groups and you were too stupid to realize you weren't supposed to CC the shit.

• 3Worf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 4 users

forensic

Molten Core Raider
Why were you sweating blood trying to keep long durations buffs up? And mana problems on your enchanter? All you had to do was mez and maybe slow during group play. Mana problems means either you were bad or your group was trying to train other groups and you were too stupid to realize you weren't supposed to CC the shit.

Hay guyz if you play with perfect knowledge, perfect tactics and perfect players this game is SOOOOOOOO EZ

• 1Like

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Nothing but a bunch of PUG material in this thread. I'm laughing my ass off over the 'I never could play my class' comments coming from a bunch of people who spend their days wishing for a new hardcore game so they can suck all over again.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf