Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Raign

Golden Squire
Anyone watch Jimlee? The group will still wipe every ten minutes tonight because the devs are mostly terrible at their own game, but it would be nice if we didn't have to deal with Cohh weirdo expressions while it happens

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have no idea why Cohh seems to be as popular as he is. He's not funny or entertaining, though I don't think he's actually terrible either, but there are so many better streamers you could be spending that time on. I'm interested, but not allowing myself to form any hopes for this game. To be honest, even if they only do a quick pass and fix on animations only, I'll still pick this up if it ever makes it out. I honestly give zero fucks if this game is the second coming of MMO's or not, it tickles my niche.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have no idea why Cohh seems to be as popular as he is. He's not funny or entertaining, though I don't think he's actually terrible either, but there are so many better streamers you could be spending that time on. I'm interested, but not allowing myself to form any hopes for this game. To be honest, even if they only do a quick pass and fix on animations only, I'll still pick this up if it ever makes it out. I honestly give zero fucks if this game is the second coming of MMO's or not, it tickles my niche.

Cohh has been around for a very long time, which is a big part of it, and he also streams every single day. Same with Lirik and other original streamers, they were around when the competition was slim, and now people just go to them out of habit kind of thing. Any new viewers aren't going to scroll through to the bottom looking for streamers to watch, they're just going to look at the top few. It's almost impossible to get recognized on Twitch at this point without a big streamer shouting someone out, because there are over a million unique broadcasters on Twitch a month, but most people probably only visit a handful.

Being good at a game will get you noticed easily, but to be a generic streamer like Cohh/Lirik, it's going to be hard.

True, but most people aren't good though. Even still, Ninja has been streaming for several years and had less viewers than Cohh until Fortnite's popularity blew his channel up to crazy numbers.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Cohh has been around for a very long time, which is a big part of it, and he also streams every single day. Same with Lirik and other original streamers, they were around when the competition was slim, and now people just go to them out of habit kind of thing. Any new viewers aren't going to scroll through to the bottom looking for streamers to watch, they're just going to look at the top few. It's almost impossible to get recognized on Twitch at this point without a big streamer shouting someone out, because there are over a million unique broadcasters on Twitch a month, but most people probably only visit a handful.

Being good at a game will get you noticed easily, but to be a generic streamer like Cohh/Lirik, it's going to be hard.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Stream delayed to 8:30 because Brad has to figure out how to play his class. There was some pretty sweet Bob Ross painting with Brown reruns right before tho.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Raign

Golden Squire
Stream is pretty soon. Hopefully we see some of the deeper areas of the zone today.

Shout out to @Convo and @Joppa_VR for actually playing decently too.

Yeah Joppa seems decent on both his characters, hard to tell on Convo yet since I have only seen him on the mage but I assume if he comes from these boards he is seasoned enough to not suck as bad as say... Brad.. at the game. I love how at one point in the last one there were two mobs on the enchanter who was out of mana and the two tanks were both just beating away on a third mob while she was getting beat on lol.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Out of mana? Sounds like a perfectly acceptable sacrifice to the offtank gods. ;)

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Ive been intentionally avoiding the thread out of fear of disappointment, but looking at those stream recordings it does seem to be coming along nicely.

I was super pumped to see the Enchanter stuff and that really gets me thinking. The heyday of EQ was nearly 20 years ago now and despite the intervening years I still find myself longing for the gameplay I had as an Enchanter mezzing critters, providing buffs and mana regen etc. Ive actually played my characters in WoW for much longer, yet I still associate my overall preferred gaming role with that of my gnome Enchanter.

Very cool to see they will be showing things at PAX East in a couple weeks. I'll have to seek them out.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah EQ was my first and still holds a pull to me every once in a while. I usually play on the emu servers, where I can solo and just see the places again. But last year I did play on live for a while and its an entirely different game now. I also tried the P99 and its too hardcore, lol. Lost my corpse in Tox and logged off.

Raign

Golden Squire
The heyday of EQ was nearly 20 years ago now and despite the intervening years I still find myself longing for the gameplay I had as an Enchanter mezzing critters, providing buffs and mana regen etc.

Probably the best part of the stream for me was them talking about how the enchanter was helping mana regen by nuking rather than buffing.. when she stopped because she had to chain cc, the mana regen of the party was noticeably slower. It's nice they are at least mixing it up a bit from EQ.

• 1Like

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
Probably the best part of the stream for me was them talking about how the enchanter was helping mana regen by nuking rather than buffing.. when she stopped because she had to chain cc, the mana regen of the party was noticeably slower. It's nice they are at least mixing it up a bit from EQ.

They do know how to make fun classes imo. Enchanter is still easily my favorite class, with bard up there.

• 1Solidarity

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looks like they are trying to hire another team member.
World Builder/Level Designer | Visionary Realms
Time to bust out your manilla folder full of graph-paper D&D dungeon maps from middle school, boys.

On the Enchanter bit, I'll always be mildly bummed at Furor selling us on the Priest as a mesh of Enchanter/Cleric, then the only actual enchanter-y thing it did was toss people into lava pits.

• 1Worf

Raign

Golden Squire
Time to bust out your manilla folder full of graph-paper D&D dungeon maps from middle school, boys.

On the Enchanter bit, I'll always be mildly bummed at Furor selling us on the Priest as a mesh of Enchanter/Cleric, then the only actual enchanter-y thing it did was toss people into lava pits.

To be fair it was also great for making hunters kill their own pets.