Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ugh the dude does not know how to set up his mike lol.

But he can art good, lul.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I like how their response to how they are handling open world contention over shared resources is , "fuck it...lets see what happens" . Not sure why they keep saying Open World and not clarifying there would still be load balancing instances.

Last edited:

Raign

Golden Squire
Gotta say, the outdoor environment looks super sharp now. Huge difference, and the character creator looked surprisingly fleshed out as well.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I like how their response to how they are handling open world contention over shared resources is , "fuck it...lets see what happens" . Not sure why they keep saying Open World and not clarifying there would still be load balancing instances.

What do you mean by load balancing instances? My understanding is that their plan for load balancing is to literally have enough servers that the population is not so congested as to block people from playing the game for extended periods of time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Game looks good, definitely that EQ feeling by the way they are fighting. which is a good thing IMO.

I am excite! When is this releasing like 2021?

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Quite a few improvements from the stream (UI/spell effect/animation etc.), keep it up and I will play this at launch.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There's more than a few screenshots in there that I would have attributed to EQ without a doubt.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There's more than a few screenshots in there that I would have attributed to EQ without a doubt.

From seeing that stream last night and like the first one I saw in a year, the combat is pretty much just like EQ. Tank, heals, mezz, nukes, dots, pulling, splitting, roots, etc... etc. And combat that takes more than 10seconds per mob. They said they will be adding more classes in, and my fave, the Ranger is coming soon.

Honestly if this is just an EQ remake with a modern spin im all for it.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I just hope they have the time to fill out the world with cool places and dungeons, like they did in EQ. And we dont get this 1/2 done mess because they had to release.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God I hate questing. Was reminded of that while playing one of the popular mmos recently.

I never quested in EQ, except for an occasional armor set and the legendary quests. Which I suppose is ironic while being in a game called Everquest. But fuck questing, it sucks, it's boring and it takes away from the action. Making that the prime way of leveling killed mmos for me.

/rant off

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Quests are fine. Quests are pretty great in fact.

quest
kwest/
noun
  1. 1.
    a long or arduous search for something.
    "the quest for a reliable vaccine has intensified"
    synonyms: search, hunt
    "their quest for her killer"

I don't know any MMOs that have very many quests in them.

Most just have tasks

task
task/
noun
plural noun: tasks
  1. 1.
    a piece of work to be done or undertaken.
    synonyms: job, duty, chore, charge, assignment, detail, mission, engagement, occupation, undertaking, exercise, business, responsibility, burden, endeavor, enterprise, venture
    "a daunting task"

Synonymous with chore? That's weird...

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
God I hate questing. Was reminded of that while playing one of the popular mmos recently.

I never quested in EQ, except for an occasional armor set and the legendary quests. Which I suppose is ironic while being in a game called Everquest. But fuck questing, it sucks, it's boring and it takes away from the action. Making that the prime way of leveling killed mmos for me.

/rant off

Yeah I just liked to grind, I know crazy, right? But somehow I found it was very therapeutic to sit down after a long day of work and dealing with house shit, wife, etc to grind for a few hours mindlessly killing shit.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
They said another dungeon is coming in Pre-alpha 3. Can't wait til Pre-alpha 20 in 10 years when they'll have a similar amount of content as EQ at release!

Didn't know who Jim Lee is until this stream, but yet another dude that seems to have liked the everpresent feeling of danger in og EQ. The people they are making this game for are out there. Was funny he was talking fondly about breaking rooms back in the day to farm in a fond way and they took it as a negative like.. oh we're gonna try to put in things to keep the downtime minimal. And he was like oh no I didn't mean it that way.. if you didn't like the downtime you can go break another room and camp 2. Cause yeah, the camp / grind with a little downtime does scratch that itch for some.

• 1Worf

Raign

Golden Squire
Went back and watched the rest of the stream now. I have to say, I enjoyed Jim and his two friends (who the hell were those guys anyone know?) WAY more than Cohh. I mean, they were pretty terrible just like Cohh, but not nearly as annoying and it was nice to see a non-dps class streamed as well.

Hard to get excited about their 'one new dungeon' reveal though, when EQ had 14 dungeons at launch. While I don't think they need that many given how many of those were ghost towns all the time (Thank to ZEM, poor itemization and/ or 5000 caster mobs nuking you through floors, ceilings and walls), they do seriously need to hire and entire world-builder team and not just one.

Get on that Series B-F funding Brad!!