Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tevinter

Lord Nagafen Raider
you must really hate your daughter if you're introducing her to pantheon AND this forum.

• 7Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 10 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Legit question. She'll be home to visit this week, I'll have her reply. She's going to love reading the last page of this thread!

Oh funsies! I'm gonna LARP as my teenage daughter this weekend too!! Wanna be lesbians together!?!?

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously they're timing this development to finish just as all the baby boomers enter retirement. Who has low reaction time, plenty of time to grind slowly, and loves socializing that consists almost entirely of prattling about your glory days? That's right, the perfect target demographic. Half of them don't even understand how to cancel a recurring subscription payment once it's in place. It's perfect. Just spring for an ad spot in the AARP magazine and you're on your way to money town. Elderly people use the bus too, which shows they were thinking ahead with that Pantheon Bus Stop.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
She goes to one of those weird summer colleges that has classes in July huh?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
While he's dubious at best, there are summer classes and people do live in the dorms during the summer... but usually they're international students, not Americans.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Well I'm sold now that I know there's 19 year college hotties playing this game.

I'm gonna get so much ass when I show them my Founder's Pack.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
you must really hate your daughter if you're introducing her to pantheon AND this forum.

Well, we'll see how Pantheon turns out, but this is one of the best forums on the internet, especially the Politics thread. If the kids get scared of dirty language and trolls, they have no chance in life. Sink or swim.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
While he's dubious at best, there are summer classes and people do live in the dorms during the summer... but usually they're international students, not Americans.

Not sure why I'd be dubious. This daughter goes to Univ. of Florida, they require you to take classes during at least one summer C term for graduation, and she's finishing up her second year (AP credits).

Well I'm sold now that I know there's 19 year college hotties playing this game.

I'm gonna get so much ass when I show them my Founder's Pack.

I don't recall anyone making the claim that "college hotties" will be playing this game. That might be crazy talk!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

I can tell by how masterfully you craft a credible story that you must have gone to a very prestigious law school.

Extraneous information, oversharing... it's that extra attention to detail that makes you seem so believable.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I took summer classes every year in college. I was also working (Co-Op) so I could nto do a whole 12 CR hr load like most students do, this is why summer classes were a way to just keep on track. I mean its not like one class was a big deal.

Khane

lol... some of you guys. I'm making fun of the "attorney" who is trying to tell us all the young'uns he knows are "chomping at the bit" for a game that looks like it was created before they were even fucking born.

No shit there are summer courses available at college. Come on...

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
I can tell by how masterfully you craft a credible story that you must have gone to a very prestigious law school.

Extraneous information, oversharing... it's that extra attention to detail that makes you seem so believable.

Florida Coastal, here in Jacksonville. Wouldn't call it prestigious. It is one of the largest in the country though.

Do what you want with my "story", but it's the truth. Some of you folks must be allergic to honesty or differing opinions.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol... some of you guys. I'm making fun of the "attorney" who is trying to tell us all the young'uns he knows are "chomping at the bit" for a game that looks like it was created before they were even fucking born.

No shit there are summer courses available at college. Come on...

Last night on the EQ time locked servers someone tried to talk me into joining (paying 1k) to play this alpha with some insane uber guild they didnt want to name. They were describing to me that I can join one of multiple raid forces this guild has deployed in pantheon currently practicing in the one or two zones released. I think some of the people testing this are just retarded in general if it isnt trolling people are doing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Sounds fishy. The only raid zone that they've mentioned is Amberfaet (sp?), and in one of the recent interviews from a few days ago, they suggested they weren't even attempting to work on raid content yet, nor did they guarantee any would be in for launch, just that people would have things to do at max level. Could be Zaide's guild though, I was talking to him in PMs and he disappeared around the time Pre-Alpha 3 started, I imagine he's pounding away on it. Could be wrong, maybe he just got tired of chatting.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I actually listened to all of that. I think you guys are just wrong on people not having the time or desire to play a game that takes an extensive amount of time to progress. I'm 40, an attorney, married with kids, and all I want is a solid MMO that I can play for years and years. I'm going to set aside a ton of time to play this hardcore, especially at launch. My favorite MMO of all time is EQ1. I have never played on an EQ emu server, and I thought the EQ progression servers were a joke and not even close to reflective of the original EQ experience, at least that was my opinion with Phinigal. I love FPS games, but I hate action MMOs. I want a slower, more strategic MMO. I believe there are a lot of people like me out there that want this game, have professional, busy lives, but still want a grindy, extensive leveling process. It just needs to be fun and rewarding as you work through the grind. I also believe there are a lot of young people that will easily step in and replace the old school vets that can't make the time. My son in law has only played WoW, but he's looking forward to a game like this. One of my daughters is 19 and in college, both her and her boyfriend have never played an MMO, but they are chomping at the bit for Pantheon. I think it's common sense that there is an entirely new generation of gamers that are ready to commit to a hardcore MMO just like we did in 1999 and they certainly have an abundance of time to burn on gaming. The game just needs to be rewarding, challenging, and fun. If they make a modern era version of EQ1, Pantheon is going to be a massive hit. That's a big if though.

I need to paraphrase this post and read the outcome while the Bud Light Real Men of Genius music plays in the background, and record it for all to hear.

Legit question. She'll be home to visit this week, I'll have her reply. She's going to love reading the last page of this thread!

I bet she is just dying to log in and hit the 1, 2, and 3 buttons 5 hours a day for the first 6 months of the game while watching a 5 frame sword swing.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty funny when they get to the part of the podcast where the dude reads the troll questions and a_skeleton_03 is like, "I think I can help here... you see, Brad had a drug problem."

/crickets

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
B09564A0-B302-4E66-8E3C-90E37EC7BC13.gif

• 5Worf
  • 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds fishy. The only raid zone that they've mentioned is Amberfaet (sp?), and in one of the recent interviews from a few days ago, they suggested they weren't even attempting to work on raid content yet, nor did they guarantee any would be in for launch, just that people would have things to do at max level. Could be Zaide's guild though, I was talking to him in PMs and he disappeared around the time Pre-Alpha 3 started, I imagine he's pounding away on it. Could be wrong, maybe he just got tired of chatting.

I mean all jokes aside after all this time they have 1-2 zones and the alpha was down for months. I am almost sure they are trolling, this isnt even a game yet.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users