<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
2B48CEDB-6326-48D3-A64E-A0C5D28A0B66.gif

FC8D7099-6A04-4A6C-8F64-3A28E517ADDA.gif

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm a little late to the party, but here it goes. What I loved about EQ (and what I'd like to see in a new MMO): 1. OP items that aren't BOP/BOE. 2. Ultra rare loot that made you feel like Christmas day when you got it. 3. High level mobs in low level areas (kept you on your toes). 4. Dungeons that were truly well designed and weren't just linear hallway, room, hallway room, etc... 5. interdependency between classes.

As far as raids go, I never really thought either EQ or WOW was particularly difficult. EQ was more tedious, as you had to clear out a shit ton of trash mobs to get to where you were going, but I always felt like mobilizing 60+ people and getting them to not fuck up was harder than getting 20 people to do Dance Dance Revolution, which I felt was all that was needed to do WOW raiding. I also felt like the world was more alive in EQ, with contested mobs instead of the instances and McDungeons of WOW, but that's just a personal preference.

As far as people saying there isn't a market for a game like Pantheon, that's just retarded. There was supposedly no longer a market for RPG's, until games like Pillars of Eternity came out and made that statement completely untrue. Now, the RPG genre has been totally reborn. It took George Miller over 20 years to get the funding for Max Max: Fury Road because the movie execs in Hollywood said no one wanted to see that kind of movie anymore, and that it was absurd that he still wanted to use real stunts and stuntmen, cause everything was done in front of a green screen now with tons of CGI. How'd that turn out? Games, like most everything else in life, are cyclical. To say there's not a market anymore for an old school style MMO is just asinine. There are literally fifty times the number of online gamers now than there were in 1999, so it's a much larger pool to pull from. If Pantheon scratches the itch of some old school players, and piques the interest of some younger gamers, I don't see any reason this game can't get close to a million subs.

• 5Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Convo looks like a Kobald Spiritmaster from DAoC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users