jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
200.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I don't get the hate on the graphics, it's not a cartoony MMO and it looks good to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

But WOW is cartoon stylized graphics thus anything not sucks, and anything that is sucks and is copy cat.

• 1Like

orionTZ1998

Golden Squire
I don't get the hate on the graphics, it's not a cartoony MMO and it looks good to me.
If you're looking to relive the circa 1999 EverQuest experience, I can see how these graphics would be quite pleasing. For example, this discount brand orc knock-off model contains the exact same amount of polygons as the original:

pantheon orc.JPG

everquest orc.png

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
And you don't know this is pre alpha? A game in development and that the models and animations are pretty much the last things put in? The character models (placeholders) look fine for the point they are at in development. Im sorry but if you think these are the final passes on characters you are sadly mistaken.

• 3Salty
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
And you don't know this is pre alpha? A game in development and that the models and animations are pretty much the last things put in? The character models (placeholders) look fine for the point they are at in development. Im sorry but if you think these are the final passes on characters you are sadly mistaken.

The final pass is right around the corner.

19186406.gif

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
C'mon orionTZ1998 orionTZ1998

You can load up any game on a Potato PC and take screenshots. All that does is show how shit the graphical performance of your PC is, not the game. At least be fair with your criticism.

And yes, there is still PLENTY to criticize, even if you aren't being a manipulative and agenda driven. So why be dishonest?

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You are only assuming that these are placeholders just like he is assuming they are final.

These could easily be the final OR they could look nothing alike by the time they are done.

The developers did this video to highlight the game publicly and in doing so are signaling that there are aspects that are final and some that might be more fluid. It’s the perfect time to be criticizing the current look or even praising it if you do like it.

To say otherwise shows how little you understand game development for starters.

• 4Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 4 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Didn't watch the stream, guessing by your choice of images it could have gone better lol? Share the details plz.
Regime Regime tried to describe it to me over the phone, but all I could get between bursts of laughter was "flying hairpieces and 20 year old graphics". Gotta be a vod of it somewhere.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Graphics are honestly the least concerning thing I saw on that stream, I'd rather it played amazing than looked amazing. This looks like Vanguard all over again with the combat and animations, it scared me to watch that video.

The trend and meta is speed in everything nowadays, how is this going to bridge gaps or even appeal to anyone outside of EQ players with it being silo'd into that very slow combat?
I get the direction and reasons but it just seems like there might be better ways to implement toll gates.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some people just wanna hit auto attack and feel special when they tell the group not to med by the doorway

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
C'mon orionTZ1998 orionTZ1998

You can load up any game on a Potato PC and take screenshots. All that does is show how shit the graphical performance of your PC is, not the game. At least be fair with your criticism.

And yes, there is still PLENTY to criticize, even if you aren't being a manipulative and agenda driven. So why be dishonest?

Isn't that pic from the stream? I have to imagine Cohh doesn't have a potato PC.

I think their screenshots have looked a lot better than their video which makes me think that it can't run smoothly with all the bells and whistles on, but maybe some of that is video compression on the stream.

• 1Like