Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some of the most fun in EQ1 was 'creative use of game mechanics'.

OG everquest was insane, I remember in original classic people foraging raid loot. During original Luclin and PoP they had the trade no drop trick so many guilds used too. It was really the wild west back then with raid trains and anything goes.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Or how about when the beastlord pet gimmick consisted of a feeble pet that perma stayed with you and you'd level it up with a buff type spell. But surprise, if you got that magic item from I think lessor faydark that allowed you to charm animals, you could charm trash and cast your buff spell on them to make them level 49 or however high your bstlord was. Then release the beast back into its natural habitat. The level buff spell thing was permanent by the way, so with patience you could make noob zones dens of terror.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Jesus there is going to be some retarded people in Pantheon

Vanguard went into Beta and the gaming world saw it was a dumpster fire and evacuated, lets not overcomplicate it. The fucking game had no content from level 35-50, no raids, XP exploits on day 1, and so many bugs you wouldnt be able to list them and that was a major studio. This game like asmon said and I have said repeatedly is going to be one of the most broken and exploited MMOs of all time.

I'd kinda forgotten about the Vanguard launch, what a shit show. The game literally died straight away - the technical problems were some of the worst I've ever seen released. It was like a lesson in how to do everything wrong. The game didn't even run properly for 75% of the user base.

I don't think they will have anywhere near the problems that did but there's bound to be shitloads of bugs and exploits.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd kinda forgotten about the Vanguard launch, what a shit show. The game literally died straight away - the technical problems were some of the worst I've ever seen released. It was like a lesson in how to do everything wrong. The game didn't even run properly for 75% of the user base.

I don't think they will have anywhere near the problems that did but there's bound to be shitloads of bugs and exploits.

I think we had a tiny part of the blame with Vanguard as well. We were pretty shitty testers for Vanguard overall as well which didn’t help an already buggy game. The mindset we had led a lot of our guilds to raid test like you did in EQ, which meant really to test for exploits or ways to get ahead since back then we weren’t good enough to compete without having an advantage. That’s a thing of the past though with raid testing as now people destroy complicated raid encounters with multiple layers of performance checks with almost no room for error in less than a day.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The beta for Vanguard was a joke. I was a beta tester for VG, and honestly, that game was more than a year away from when it should have been released. The amount of bugs was mind boggling: from getting stuck in the environments, falling through the world, to disappearing enemies (that could still hit you even though you could no longer see them), to having to use /flush every time you chugged into a new "zone" that game was a fucking mess. But man, I still enjoyed the shit out of it for a few months. Had they had any end game content when it released, I probably would've kept playing at least for a year or so.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
No kidding. I did beta as well. Funny you mention getting stuck as I spent more time stuck than I did anything. Quests were a mess as well. It was just in really rough shape. It all could have been overcome in time but with Microsoft pushing and their team obviously in less than ideal shape, it simply wasn't going to happen. Shame... they had some really good stuff in there but just never surfaced.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
The beta for Vanguard was a joke. I was a beta tester for VG, and honestly, that game was more than a year away from when it should have been released. The amount of bugs was mind boggling: from getting stuck in the environments, falling through the world, to disappearing enemies (that could still hit you even though you could no longer see them), to having to use /flush every time you chugged into a new "zone" that game was a fucking mess. But man, I still enjoyed the shit out of it for a few months. Had they had any end game content when it released, I probably would've kept playing at least for a year or so.

true true, and I agree still it was a very enjoyable game and a shame how it all went down. With a little more money, a lot more time, and sticking to "the vision" , it would of been glorious. I still miss it and hope for the EMU

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
MicroSoft pulled out about, what? A year, a year and a half before the game was released? I mean, I love to give M$ all the rope that they ask for just in the hopes that they'll somehow turn into a noose and hang themselves with it. But this time, it was all Brad.

rinthea

Trakanon Raider
It was released 8 months after M$ pulled out. SOE gave them 6 months below planned burn rate to try and get something out the door.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
MicroSoft pulled out about, what? A year, a year and a half before the game was released? I mean, I love to give M$ all the rope that they ask for just in the hopes that they'll somehow turn into a noose and hang themselves with it. But this time, it was all Brad.

Vg literally had a /rope command to help get you unstuck from the environment. I think it just repositioned you ten feet up, I remember people using it to exploit some shit like getting through doors or something and VG threatening people not to exploit with it lol.

VG has some fucking fun exploits. Charming shaman mobs as a blood mage, they would cast a damage shield on you that hit for millions. So you could get the buff, run through dungeons spam healing yourself and clearing the entire dungeon alone. Was so much fun, took my BM from like 15 to 50 in one night. I never told anyone, wonder if they ever fixed it.

Oblig

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Vg literally had a /rope command to help get you unstuck from the environment. I think it just repositioned you ten feet up, I remember people using it to exploit some shit like getting through doors or something and VG threatening people not to exploit with it lol.

VG has some fucking fun exploits. Charming shaman mobs as a blood mage, they would cast a damage shield on you that hit for millions. So you could get the buff, run through dungeons spam healing yourself and clearing the entire dungeon alone. Was so much fun, took my BM from like 15 to 50 in one night. I never told anyone, wonder if they ever fixed it.

Oblig

Diddint they also have a /stuck command or am I remembering wrong???? It would take you to ta safe spot in the zone, or teleport you nearby or something.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Diddint they also have a /stuck command or am I remembering wrong???? It would take you to ta safe spot in the zone, or teleport you nearby or something.

Yeah they did. Sad.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
true true, and I agree still it was a very enjoyable game and a shame how it all went down. With a little more money, a lot more time, and sticking to "the vision" , it would of been glorious. I still miss it and hope for the EMU

As soon as they have that Vanguard up and running Ill be remaking our guild again 100%. The same crew is still playing together 11 years later and have a bunch of friends we brought into our mix from the EQ TLP / EMU servers. Also I talk to Epicedium and it sounded like BoTS was interested as of a couple of weeks ago and we’d probably join up with our old #1 competition to just relax this time around.

Any of you old BoTS guys should link back with up them, Epicedium and Co just started up in FFXIV