Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
news-reporter-guy-falls-into-water-background-into-the-drink-splash-14120103556.gif

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lunis Lunis for people like us this is perfect lol, less bloated VG. Ive been chilling with Dakim and Dumog alot, going to show them this.

Asmongold who i dont really care for did make good points. He expressed the same exact concerns everyone here makes - Development since 2013, Graphics from 2001, Slow clunky animations, crowdfunded, and most of all EXPLOITS that come from tiny games or poorly developed games.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Asmongold also reacted to my reaction on his stream a few days ago.

Just wait until you see my reaction to it! Now, this is quality content...

There's a problem when someone's experience of MMORPGs is 2004+ it is hard to explain to them how the older MMOs actually felt like. There are many game mechanics that are left behind, people now only care about graphics and animations and gimmicks when actually what made EQ great was combat mechanics. I know I can play for thousands of hours grinding in a spot. The chase was also big in EQ, those rare items that we sought after. If the combat was twitchy and lacked strategy and resource management that would have been a pain in the ass. But then again I believe the target audience of Pantheon is different than people who represent that guy's point of view which is fine.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Lunis Lunis for people like us this is perfect lol, less bloated VG. Ive been chilling with Dakim and Dumog alot, going to show them this.

Asmongold who i dont really care for did make good points. He expressed the same exact concerns everyone here makes - Development since 2013, Graphics from 2001, Slow clunky animations, crowdfunded, and most of all EXPLOITS that come from tiny games or poorly developed games.

Yeah Asmon was reviewing what he saw, while the other guy was focused on potential and how sometimes some other games had issues but turned out well.

Facts vs feelings.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah Asmon was reviewing what he saw, while the other guy was focused on potential and how sometimes some other games had issues but turned out well.

Facts vs feelings.

I used to be that dude he described, I would tell everyone the next patch they're fixing the netcode, games fine. Or when Vanguard went into Beta and the whole world saw how bug ridden + unfinished it was and everyone lost their mind I was still telling everyone its fine, nothing to see here lol.

Like our boy George W said - 'Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!'"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit why are people still arguing the merits of this game?

Amod Amod is this thread/game Rickshaw worthy yet?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit why are people still arguing the merits of this game?

Amod Amod is this thread/game Rickshaw worthy yet?

There are people in this thread that have "invested" $10,000 or more into this game.

In honor of their investments, this thread ought never be shawed.

• 3WTF
  • 3Solidarity
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
There are people in this thread that have "invested" $10,000 or more into this game.

What? Who? They need to be identified so they can be ridiculed. Would be better off taking that 10 grand and setting it on fire. At least it would keep you warm.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What? Who? They need to be identified so they can be ridiculed. Would be better off taking that 10 grand and setting it on fire. At least it would keep you warm.

@Aradune would never be transparent enough to let us know how many neckbeards have gifted him $10,000 apiece, but perhaps Zaide Zaide would tell us how many of his Faceless crew have claimed to pledged at the $10k tier or higher.

I'd guess at least a couple dozen Faceless dudes have proudly run their mouths about it.

• 1Solidarity

Zaide

TLP Idealist
@Aradune would never be transparent enough to let us know how many neckbeards have gifted him $10,000 apiece, but perhaps Zaide Zaide would tell us how many of his Faceless crew have claimed to pledged at the $10k tier or higher.

I'd guess at least a couple dozen Faceless dudes have proudly run their mouths about it.

We have 40 people in the top pledge tier but I think only one or zero at 10k.

• 1Like

rinthea

Trakanon Raider
I used to be that dude he described, I would tell everyone the next patch they're fixing the netcode, games fine. Or when Vanguard went into Beta and the whole world saw how bug ridden + unfinished it was and everyone lost their mind I was still telling everyone its fine, nothing to see here lol.

Like our boy George W said - 'Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!'"

This sort of strategy is solid and works most of the time. But it's superficial. If you want to be right more often you must take a closer look at underlying issues. The attitude that you share with Asmon is base level thinking. It's better than no thinking, but there's plenty of room for improvement.

If you want to put an argument forward to an intelligent person, you need to provide some reason.
'Brad can't design games' or 'they need more funding' are suitable bases to reason an argument. "Because it's always been that way" isn't good enough, unless your goal is selling ads on twitch to children & teenagers with limited world experience and this is new to them.

In this case, why do mmos fail? The turning point for VG was obvious to everyone and it wasn't 'too much brown'. When Microsoft pulled out and they couldn't get funding, the writing was on the wall.

For those who've been around long enough, it's easy to see that there's a huge opportunity in mmo's now that we haven't seen since pre WoW. Until someone provides a proper argument why Pantheon can't take advantage of it, this 'fool me once' argument looks stupid. And is the FoH forums equivalent of idiots petitioning for dumb shit on the WoW general forums.

• 2Pants on Fire!
  • 2OK, Sure
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This sort of strategy is solid and works most of the time. But it's superficial. If you want to be right more often you must take a closer look at underlying issues. The attitude that you share with Asmon is base level thinking. It's better than no thinking, but there's plenty of room for improvement.

If you want to put an argument forward to an intelligent person, you need to provide some reason.
'Brad can't design games' or 'they need more funding' are suitable bases to reason an argument. "Because it's always been that way" isn't good enough, unless your goal is selling ads on twitch to children & teenagers with limited world experience and this is new to them.

In this case, why do mmos fail? The turning point for VG was obvious to everyone and it wasn't 'too much brown'. When Microsoft pulled out and they couldn't get funding, the writing was on the wall.

For those who've been around long enough, it's easy to see that there's a huge opportunity in mmo's now that we haven't seen since pre WoW. Until someone provides a proper argument why Pantheon can't take advantage of it, this 'fool me once' argument looks stupid. And is the FoH forums equivalent of idiots petitioning for dumb shit on the WoW general forums.

This is a poor argument. Asmon put forth his opinion based on what he's seen. Ambi and Korrupt discussed how Asmon was factual about the current game he saw while Joe talked about future plans, being in alpha and other defenses that didn't look at the current state. Korrupt then said he used to be like 'Joe' but isn't because he was burned by Brad. His reasoning that he won't be a defender for poor graphics or gameplay anymore because it had already happened in Vanguard is valid.

It's very easy to provide arguments why Pantheon can fail. Brad blew through $40 million in Vanguard and still had a poorly made game. Brad has nothing close to $40 million in this game. The playable graphics we've seen are very dated. The animations are terrible. Gameplay looked boring compared to other games. The game has low funding. Brad had fucked this game's development until others intervened but is still a primary decision maker. There has been no new areas shown in over a year. The forums and monthly updates are very basic. The old school ideas may not do well. The new ideas Brad wants may not do well. There are a ton of arguments on why this game can fail and Asmon had some good ones based on what we've seen to this point.

To say that Brad has a history of failure and incompetence for well over a decade is fact. If he didn't get an intervention during this game's development, I believe this game might never release.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

That’s exactly why it should be shawed. Wat?

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Jesus there is going to be some retarded people in Pantheon

Vanguard went into Beta and the gaming world saw it was a dumpster fire and evacuated, lets not overcomplicate it. The fucking game had no content from level 35-50, no raids, XP exploits on day 1, and so many bugs you wouldnt be able to list them and that was a major studio. This game like asmon said and I have said repeatedly is going to be one of the most broken and exploited MMOs of all time.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Jesus there is going to be some retarded people in Pantheon

Vanguard went into Beta and the gaming world saw it was a dumpster fire and evacuated, lets not overcomplicate it. The fucking game had no content from level 35-50, no raids, XP exploits on day 1, and so many bugs you wouldnt be able to list them and that was a major studio. This game like asmon said and I have said repeatedly is going to be one of the most broken and exploited MMOs of all time.
Don't be such a negative Nancy. Sometimes it's good to view life as glass half full.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Don't be such a negative Nancy. Sometimes it's good to view life as glass half full.

When the glass is full of sperm, I don't care which it is. A glass half full or a glass half empty. I'm still going to call it like I see it. A glass that's halfway empty/full with sperm.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users