7D7D91B4-359C-46B5-8620-1EEF6B157C13.gif

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I do it for the Gifs. ;)

When this game launches in 2028 I expect to see some NPC's, The "Heaven Fire Clan", having the best loot in the game but when players try to attack them they all path off cliffs.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
the only way to defeat them is to push them over as many times as possible

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
NPC has a signature move that casts a ray of heavens fire onto a player, causing them to trip/fall.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
y'all best starting working on your 5 points of contact, because once this motherfucker releases it'll be too late

img.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Is it wrong that I fucking love this thread because of the fallen videos and not the game LOL.

Literally, we could wake up tomorrow and find out that Brad decided to finally open up alpha to all the idiots (myself included) that pledged for it, and I would be like meh no thanks.

At this point, I would rather play FFXIV as my main game and WoW Classic as my side game (because reasons). After playing FFXIV and seeing what a 10 year old game can produce visually and gameplay wise, I look at the videos/streams for Pantheon and am like, "yeah no thanks." I mean really, FFXIV changed my mind about what is POSSIBLE in a MMORPG, and now when I look at games coming out in the near future (or when ever in the case of Pantheon), I compare them against it.

I just finished the the original game of FFXIV this week (A Realm Reborn), and for 10 year old content, that was fucking amazing. The graphics are insanely beautiful, animations are top fucking notch, game play is fun as hell, and there is an ass ton of shit to do in the game other than just whack-a-mob.

Plus, there are cut scenes all through out the content. Yeah there is a lot of reading, but there are also a LOT of voice over work in cut scenes. I've never been this involved in a MMORPG's lore as I am in FFXIV, and it is because of the cut scenes and voice over work. It's like watching a tv series, and you want to see the next episode.

To give any example, when I finished the final content of post-ARR main story quest (MSQ) that leads to the starting of the first expansion (Heavensward), I watched a 42 minute long cut scene. Yeah you read that right. 42 fucking minutes long. It was God damned fucking amazing! Shit went down that I was like WTF... OMG.... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!! It was like watching the season finale of your favorite tv series. NO MMORPG has given me that kind of experience before. Period.

So, yeah. When I look at future MMORPGs like Pantheon, I literally am like "that's not enough." Creating some zones, populating them with mobs, creating playable classes, and saying GO is not enough. That worked 20 years ago, but it doesn't work today. Pantheon is not good enough for today's MMORPG genre.

The only thing that Pantheon sort of is, is a graphical upgrade to EverQuest, and let me be clear that I played EverQuest for some 17+ years and loved it most of the time, but no more. EverQuest is a highly lacking game experience at this point. I know that wont be a popular statement, but the truth hurts. EverQuest is an addiction, and until you TRULY break the addiction for good, you can't look at it and see just how much it lacks in what you get for your time and money.

Ok. I ranted. I am sure I will get hate for it. I just had to say it.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Showed this to an intern from over there, he translated it and said it’s a well. He cringed and said “well that kids done for” at the end.
"Well that's kids done for"

+1 for proper use of 'well' when talking about kid dying in a well

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kay

Golden Squire
Is it wrong that I fucking love this thread because of the fallen videos and not the game LOL.
No, it's not wrong. This thread is the best part of the game. If it ever releases as a functional "game" I'm not sure I'd want to play it. Their #communitymatters bs is populated by their community, and they're the biggest collection of rainbow-snorting fuckwads that spew the most painfully terrible ideas. IF there were a way to force the most egregiously inane ones onto a PvP server... still probably not worth it. My interest in the game has long since evaporated, much like their development timeline and ability to get anything right.

goishen

Macho Ma'am

No. It's why I love this thread, too.

So, yeah. When I look at future MMORPGs like Pantheon, I literally am like "that's not enough." Creating some zones, populating them with mobs, creating playable classes, and saying GO is not enough. That worked 20 years ago, but it doesn't work today. Pantheon is not good enough for today's MMORPG genre.

Maybe if I say this enough times, people will start to listen : Times, and especially attitudes, have changed with MMO's. Like it or lump it, the WoW-ification of things has changed the landscape.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Inventor you high.

Pantheon is not good enough for today's MMORPG genre? Hell, Pantheon isn't good enough for 1999.

How many zones have they revealed? 8? How many of those are done?

Could they release tomorrow? Fuck no they couldn't.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I haven't been to their board in years, what's the community like over there now? Seemed like a serious bunch last time from what I can recall with endless fucking posts about XP penalties and how the game should be impossible to solo.