Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Lol, no?

pant~2.jpg

Here we go with that blind defense stuff that I was talking about before.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You're posting a cherry picked screenshot that look like it's out of the early 2010's, and you want to talk about "blind defense"?

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's from 2020 and it's from the referenced dev stream image you said "no" to. I didn't go out of my way to find anything else.

Why do you hate this game so much?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's from 2020 and it's from the referenced dev stream image you said "no" to. I didn't go out of my way to find anything else.

Why do you hate this game so much?

I said it looks like it's from the early 2010's, meaning that it looks dated and therefor not good, let alone better than WoW.

And I don't hate the (not yet a) game, I'm just responding to your ludicrous statement that a scene that could be from some random shit shovelware unity game on steam looks better. Look at the lighting and geometry in that shot and try to say with a straight face that it doesn't look dated. You could get better visuals from Skyrim which is 9 years old.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some day Pantheon may pick itself up off the ground and get across the finish line, but not today.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Wow came out in 2004. Being better than a 15 year old game isn't quite a high accomplishment.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You can't deny pantheon looks dated... I think it's partly from using the Unity engine... most stuff on Unity has that "mobile graphics" look imo.

It might look better than wow but there's some imagery that looks worse imo... mainly because the art design doesn't always seem fleshed out or in early stages of design..

The latest stream shows improvements overall but when compared to other MMOs.. like New World, or even GuildWars, which is about 10yrs old now.. the graphics are not that good

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Think its my first post in this glorious gif thread. That said, last night i was thinking of installing project 99 to get my
mmo fix. Then i slapped myself and said , no moron, dont go full retard and go back to something you played 20 years ago. 20 fuckin years and i would need to go back to eq to get my mmo fix? Wtf. If i would visit 16 years old me back in time and tell my self, yo dude, this, right here , you roaming the desert of ro and commandlands is the high light of your mmo career, id prolly tell my old self, haha fuck off, the genre is gonna explode we are only seeing a glimpse of what awaits us and whats possible. Even old me nowdays have a hard time grasping why no one can make this genre work the way it did in eq.

Anyways rambling off, point is, even tho this has been vaporware
for who knows how long, this game needs to work. Its needs to release
at some point. It needs to restore my faith in game development. It needs to prove my old 16 years old self i was right back then. It took forever but something happened after the theme park that wow was, is, will remain.

Fuck it, gonna finish this cuban rhum and go change my second kids diapers. Funny how life changed. How mmos didnt.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
It looks like The Witcher 1 from 2007.

Have you seen how immersive Paneton's grass is yet though? Paneton's grass is some old school hard core shit yo.

Anyway I'm fine with shit mobile graphics in Unity cause that means we'll be able to play on our phones. You guys all have phones, right?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Think its my first post in this glorious gif thread. That said, last night i was thinking of installing project 99 to get my
mmo fix. Then i slapped myself and said , no moron, dont go full retard and go back to something you played 20 years ago. 20 fuckin years and i would need to go back to eq to get my mmo fix? Wtf. If i would visit 16 years old me back in time and tell my self, yo dude, this, right here , you roaming the desert of ro and commandlands is the high light of your mmo career, id prolly tell my old self, haha fuck off, the genre is gonna explode we are only seeing a glimpse of what awaits us and whats possible. Even old me nowdays have a hard time grasping why no one can make this genre work the way it did in eq.

Anyways rambling off, point is, even tho this has been vaporware
for who knows how long, this game needs to work. Its needs to release
at some point. It needs to restore my faith in game development. It needs to prove my old 16 years old self i was right back then. It took forever but something happened after the theme park that wow was, is, will remain.

Fuck it, gonna finish this cuban rhum and go change my second kids diapers. Funny how life changed. How mmos didnt.

I can give you plat and buffs.

Or go "battle for Azeroth", up to you.