Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I would love to just see/play a lobby game with a good system with group based mechanics that can be content expanded by players.

NWN 3 would suffice ;)

if looking for a continuously expanding world to explore, you pretty much have it with Elder Scrolls Online. I just cant imagine a big expansive MMO with a real world to explore and real group based mechanics will come as the kids dont want to be slowed down and they grew up on single player RPGs like Skryim, mass effect etc.

Many of us grew up in D&D , Everquest etc.. it's a much different market out there these days than when EQ / Vanguard / WoW hit the market.

Thinking back to how spoiled we all were in early 2000s, Eq going strong then you get SWG, EQ2, WoW all within a year or 2.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You could learn something from zaide. Don't be such a snowflake!

Plus, he seems a lot more realistic about it.

I'm fine with it. A snowflake cries to mods etc.

I'm just calling you out. I know you don't like it. You're not supposed to.

I'm on to ya. You guys proved it once again with the Zaide attack for supporting the game.

Gaming must be saved. Hopefully big Jason puts yall down.

Anyone else rolling up on PVP? No plans for goofy arenas or rush past the other team to kill an NPC "battlegrounds" planned. I can't wait for that wonderful, traditional MMO PvP experience.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
It's all good, by internet standards this is just giving people shit, can't take it personally.

It's all in fun I'm sure. Those of us who were there at the start of Selos know that it was a good time. Everybody I interacted with was cool, and I had a great time. I enjoyed the race.

In the end, it wasn't the guild that caused me to leave. It was the server was just too fast, but I wouldn't hesitate for even a second to join up on Mangler if Faceless was to start up there. Haters are going to hate, but it was a fun guild.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Get that TLP shit the fuck out of here, no one cares wtf autists do on those fucking servers.

tenor.gif

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
It would be cool if this game eventually came out, atleast to try some halfassed attempt at an old school feel, I’m sure it will be garbage but might be some fun nostalgia. But I’m also fine if this game gets shuttered, sooner than later, just to see nirgon sperg out here, possibly even blame this thread for the game shutting down. It’s really a win/win

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
hate pvp, its a waste of dev time!

dont want to get started on what should be and not be in MMOs. But hate what we have now as a dumbed down single player mode with illusion of group play when we used to have detail options and now given a controller with 1 paddle and 1 button.

remove no drop, bind on equip and all that BS! The old bitching about ppl farming with this as a solution started a generation of crap!
In any RPG where you have any item that binds to you, its called a cursed item. We shouldnt even have the option to get rid of it unless you do some crazy shit to dump it or hand it off.

This was a lazy mechanic that took root and now everyone does it as a grind farm action dub'd "content".

giphy.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m not a game developer so maybe this is a stupid question. Why are they showing images of rooms with tree roots and walls with floor tile textures? Are the roots and walls/floor all just one big connected polygon and not separate assets?

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If you don't understand the value of having a PVP server to put "those kinds of people" on, then I don't know what to tell you.

They aren't really spending any time other than having a server where players are viable targets for hostile spells.

Like, a one line code change lol.

We had this discussion in the big dog
Pantheon discord channel. Brad, God rest his soul, and the devs agreed. The bluebie afk at camps/entitled casual types still went crazy. It's just strange too, it has no impact on them whatsoever, it's just not allowed to exist according to them. It makes me friggin' wonder.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I’m not a game developer so maybe this is a stupid question. Why are they showing images of rooms with tree roots and walls with floor tile textures? Are the roots and walls/floor all just one big connected polygon and not separate assets?

I question their decision to show those too, but regarding the assets, they look separated and the tile-texture is placeholder. It's common to have a grid material as placeholder.
The caves still don't look that interesting tbh. Narrow hallways with roots yay?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If you don't understand the value of having a PVP server to put "those kinds of people" on, then I don't know what to tell you.

They aren't really spending any time other than having a server where players are viable targets for hostile spells.

Like, a one line code change lol.

We had this discussion in the big dog
Pantheon discord channel. Brad, God rest his soul, and the devs agreed. The bluebie afk at camps/entitled casual types still went crazy. It's just strange too, it has no impact on them whatsoever, it's just not allowed to exist according to them. It makes me friggin' wonder.
Because it's rare for people to be happy with just PVP being enabled. They want balancing and content and shit like that all takes development resources.

I doubt anyone would have a problem if they simply enabled players to attack each other and did nothing else.