Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Zaide's post is reasonable. I think what he is saying is true. But, again, it's a very far place away from the finish line.

Further, I don't know that they've demonstrated a lot of forward progress in the last year. These combat/gameplay mechanics that do exist seem like they were there for a while.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Zaide posts support for game and proven positives for it.

Various circle jerking haters try to tear him down.

"Just making fun of the game"

I will always counter attack.

giphy.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Also, as you can see, Outdoor Track and Field Area is finished.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide you see what I mean with the personal attacks for supporting the game?

It's all good, by internet standards this is just giving people shit, can't take it personally.

Further, I don't know that they've demonstrated a lot of forward progress in the last year.

I can agree with this for sure. I feel like over the last year they haven't shown us much of anything for progress.

On their last interview they said they were going to be showing off new character models + models for the two races we haven't seen in game (Iksar and Dark Elf) pretty soon. Hopefully they look good.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's all good, by internet standards this is just giving people shit, can't take it personally.

Right but it has nothing to do with the game or your support of it.

It's not just about the game being a joke to them. Its tearing it down, and supporters of it.

• 1EyeRoll

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Right but it has nothing to do with the game or your support of it.

It's not just about the game being a joke to them. Its tearing it down, and supporters of it.
You could learn something from zaide. Don't be such a snowflake!

Plus, he seems a lot more realistic about it.

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
.. Further, I don't know that they've demonstrated a lot of forward progress in the last year. These combat/gameplay mechanics that do exist seem like they were there for a while.
True. They demonstrated movement, fighting, combat, aggro, factions, grouping, death, teleportation, climbing, spells, abilities, gear, looting, pretty much the entirety of the adventure loop, back in 2016, in the first amberfaet video.
Since then, they still haven't made all the big decisions, they still haven't finished three continents worth of content, or even 9 starting villages/towns/cities/zones, and now, are no longer claiming to be fully funded. Content has always been their biggest bottleneck, and it will always be, as long as the team remains small.

Since then, they haven't demonstrated crafting, harvesting, any other game loops, or anything remotely resembling an innovative, progressive, logical, or unique mechanic. Every single one of their tenets or "differences" break down under the mildest of logical assessment or critical thinking. Every single one has been broken down on the official forums dozens of times, with no developer commentary to resolve the gaping logical flaws in their grandiose claims.

Simple things like MDD or FTE still haven't been decided. The list of what hasn't been decided, after 6 years, is longer than what HAS been decided. It's absurd, it's unethical, and it should be criminal, from a product fulfillment perspective. Except, oh wait, that's right, there's no reason for them to deliver ANYTHING because there is no consequence for indefinite delay, so far.

I appreciate what they're trying to do, but they are going to run out of money before they get anywhere near a launch date. Eventually, the account that you draw from to pay wages? It doesn't have money in it any more. That's where they're heading. It is not possible, via any wishful thinking or creative accounting, to continue to pay 15 developers minimum wage for 7+ years based on the one-time-donation crowdfunding of less than 20,000 fans. Five minutes in a spreadsheet makes it painfully apparent.

If they had used any other model of funding, that brought in anything resembling a monthly sub? They could likely continue indefinitely. They didn't, can't, and years away might as well be never, at this point. Best you can hope for now? An early access model of an unfinished game that might see half the remaining dev team try and complete the remaining half of the outstanding continents.
FFS they can't even update the world map or FAQ more than once every 3 years. Ridiculous. They've had their forum upgrades outstanding since 2015. Upgrading a forum. For over 4 years. Let that sink in.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is this or Star Citizen coming out first?

Will Trump still be alive for either?

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I love these acronyms that only exist in the world of Pantheon. If you google MDD vs FTE Loot or MDD vs FTE Gaming the only gaming results that come up are Pantheon and then some healthcare and workforce related shit.

I'm going to assume MDD means "Most Damage Done" because that's the model EQ used for much of its pre-WoW life. And I'm going to assume FTE is First Tag something or other and who gives a shit what the E stands for. And it's pretty telling that it's even a debate.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I love these acronyms that only exist in the world of Pantheon. If you google MDD vs FTE Loot or MDD vs FTE Gaming the only gaming results that come up are Pantheon and then some healthcare and workforce related shit.

I'm going to assume MDD means "Most Damage Done" because that's the model EQ used for much of its pre-WoW life. And I'm going to assume FTE is First Tag something or other and who gives a shit what the E stands for. And it's pretty telling that it's even a debate.

FTE = First to Engage. I've seen the term floating around some TLP / P99 stuff. MDD I've only ever seen in the context of Pantheon discussion. EQ players would call MDD a DPS Race instead.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
There is no way the game is almost ready imho. The core game is mostly done (I think) but I think it's going to take them a long time to produce enough content (i.e.zones, dungeons, quests, raids) to release.

That's the primary problem and the reason I've lost any shred of hope this game was coming out. The best video they produced was in 2016. It was full of effort, if not a ton of content. I could see progress. I could imagine the basics being done and them ramping up for zones, dungeons, quests, raids, etc...as you mention here. Then they show another dungeon not too soon afterwards. Since then....

What's happened since then? Not a whole fucking lot except for Brad killing himself during an episode of depression. I gave him shit at times but he was the driving force for this cobbled together mess. Those fucking videos where they just talk about random shit are embarrassing. They are a joke. Where is the world? Why the fuck are you showing an old looking EQ type spellbook as your visual in a stream as we start 2020? WTF have you retards been doing the last 3 years? I looked up their monthly newsletters a while back. The early ones had so much more info. You know, when they supposedly had less shit.

I can't think of anyone stupid enough to think this game is coming out even on their forums now. The shell game is over folks. Time to pick up the pieces. Here's my video of Joppa driving this game today. The video is longer than 99% of the progress shown in their 'chats' and is a visual example of this game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Problem with all these MMOs, especially ones like EQ where nothing is supposedly instanced is the content, content, and more content. And that shit is the stuff that takes the longest to make. You need artists, programmers, world builders, and im not taking 5 guys in a garage somewhere. But well see. I have to admit once this shit comes out I will probably buy it. Because watching those vods linked a few pages back, this looks to me like old school EQ.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I think morons like Nirgon are just confused about this community. It isn't that we don't want the game to release, it's that this community is intelligent enough to know that this game WON'T release. This game is never coming out, and if by some miracle it does, it'll be so many years from now, something better is sure to release before it. 6 plus years into development, probably 10% complete. Do the math!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Problem with all these MMOs, especially ones like EQ where nothing is supposedly instanced is the content, content, and more content. And that shit is the stuff that takes the longest to make. You need artists, programmers, world builders, and im not taking 5 guys in a garage somewhere. But well see. I have to admit once this shit comes out I will probably buy it. Because watching those vods linked a few pages back, this looks to me like old school EQ.

They need to build something the players could add content to themselves, see Skryim.