Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Khane

Got something right about marriage
First of all it's HIPAA, and I don't think you know what it actually is.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Why does Brad's family have to reveal his cause of death with HIPAA/HIPPA/HIPPO or whatever it is?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not only do they not have some bullshit obligation to release that info, HIPAA is the law that protects them if they do decide to release it to a professional entity but do so privately.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Not only do they not have some bullshit obligation to release that info, HIPAA is the law that protects them if they do decide to release it to a professional entity but do so privately.
More importantly, it wasn't Brad's family that did whatever "gahh brad is bad brad is bad!!" that has his detractors all up in arms.

If anything, from what HAS come out about what Brad has done bad (drugs, etc..) it is likely that those very same things caused real suffering for his family. Nobody on these forums (minus those that may have worked for him in the past) have been ACTUALLY hurt by anything he has done.

Even then, I'm kinda leaning on Brad's family having suffered more than those who worked for him. The one exception to that being, maybe, if he nabbed pills from them.

So, with all of that said; Respect the fucking family's wishes, people.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Regardless if he did actually take pills from his family or not - it's still in extremely poor taste to dig into it like it's anyone's business. Making fun of it is one thing, but this conversation...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Regardless if he did actually take pills from his family or not - it's still in extremely poor taste to dig into it like it's anyone's business. Making fun of it is one thing, but this conversation...

Well, to clarify; I was referring to reports of him taking pills from employees at Sigil when developing Vanguard.

But yeah, my whole point to my post was agreeing with what you said.

My reference to the family suffering was because, you know, addict Dad/Husband isn't really a fun time

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I don't see the need to piss one someone's grave, especially someone who gave us all a game that we all loved and is the reason this site even exists.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I don't see the need to piss one someone's grave, especially someone who gave us all a game that we all loved and is the reason this site even exists.

Guess how many of em are on that Blizzard employees, friends and family invite list

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I just always figured he was one of the millions of people that got hooked on opiates because of some injury, back when Doctors were pumping them out like Pez. He was into dirtbikes supposedly, so makes sense. Know plenty of people like that, most of them not bad people. Holy hell do their lives become "interesting" though.

Sure I was pissed at the dude for the Vanguard shit, I was gungho for that game, even built a new PC for it, and fell for the hype. The "gaming gods" of the 90s pulled that shit all the time though, without opiates, or addictions. Tons of hype, and then you would get a small percentage of what was promised. I just simply refused to be fooled again, without some evidence this was going to become a playable & fun game. Still hasn't happened.

Brad was part of the creation of one of the best games of my life, I'll always remember him for that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
weekend-morning-awesomeness-40-photos-33-3.gif

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users