get

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Someone should sell an NFT based on all the gifs in this thread and use the money to buy pantheon.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

sindaael

<Banned>
I found Everquest on a Final Fantasy website in 1999. EQ looks like FF too. Didn't have great graphics, but was playable. Think World of Warcraft has better graphics and is more in line with some other video games.

• 1NPC
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Both everquest and ff8 had spectacular music, a good overall game design, amazing side content, long grinds, and an unfinished end game. This analogy makes a lot of sense. Firiona vie is quistis, antonia bayle is rinoa, and zell is a dwarf monk.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Both everquest and ff8 had spectacular music, a good overall game design, amazing side content, long grinds, and an unfinished end game. This analogy makes a lot of sense. Firiona vie is quistis, antonia bayle is rinoa, and zell is a dwarf monk.

nice.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

The character animations aren't as ass as they used to be. I'll be honest, I'm surprised they fixed them.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Want to show us where, on the doll, the mmo being demo'd with functional boss mechanics touched you? Its ok if you are scared. We understand and you don't have to.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I had zero expectations and this vid manages to not meet them. Terrible graphics, combat is a drag, mechanics are boring as fuck.

home movie running GIF by Charles Pieper

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Eh, its looking better? I would have chose a different zone to showcase though. Not Faerthale for the 100th time or anything else thats been showcased ad nauseum, but that zone in particular just looks super drab with nothing important going on. Maybe the skybox needs more? Maybe the distant background could have shifting sand winds / small particle effects? Just missing a lot of small cosmetic touches that would set the zone apart from being just... boring. Especially if we're going to be looking at this place quite often. (holding back my pessimism about this actually launching.) Everything outside of that I skipped over - Im sure there are a group of people that love the programming of it all, but I feel like a regular player of the game is going to give zero fks.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Eh, its looking better? I would have chose a different zone to showcase though. Not Faerthale for the 100th time or anything else thats been showcased ad nauseum, but that zone in particular just looks super drab with nothing important going on. Maybe the skybox needs more? Maybe the distant background could have shifting sand winds / small particle effects? Just missing a lot of small cosmetic touches that would set the zone apart from being just... boring. Especially if we're going to be looking at this place quite often. (holding back my pessimism about this actually launching.) Everything outside of that I skipped over - Im sure there are a group of people that love the programming of it all, but I feel like a regular player of the game is going to give zero fks.

They don't have any other zones to showcase, we've seen everything they have made so far.

Haven't watched the full video but flicking through it seems like there's nothing very innovative to their scripting, it's all stuff that's been done before and probably better in many games. They say this zone is a 24 man raid which makes me wonder why they are scripting raid mobs at this point as it's generally known that half your player base won't bother raiding anyway. Maybe it's just a zone to test the scripting, fuck knows.

Animations look a little better but are still far from great and the game looks dated already. This game has zero personality stamped on it by VR, they just seem to be trying to be generic MMO/RPG 1001 and adding no visual flair/unique design from their artists.

It's all very unoriginal, really they need to be taking some risks to stand out from the crowd.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They've literally shown multiple different zones than Faerthale. The npc mechanics video Araxen linked....

Really wonder about some of ya.

I worry about you Beverly!!! I worry an awful lot!!!! Honk honk