Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So Nirgon, which is it:

1. Pantheon is fully-funded and we're wrong when we say that they're just grifting, or

2. Pantheon isn't fully funded, so they're currently more focused on funding so that they can eventually move on to 'focused development'

Why not boaf :D

Or bolth

Whichever is the most retarded way to say it

Edit: boaf of em

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
8840b3e17717f56b7f0bf7657154ab87.gif

• 6Worf
  • 2Mother of God
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 10 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
You know, whether you believe this game is either going to be released in whatever state it's in when the funds dry up or it will be fully completed for launch. It's important to hope for a true MMO in these uncertain and dark times. When even our own Fuhror caved to making games for Timmy, I still believe it's possible to create worlds with true risk and reward that represent our values and traditions.

I wish I had more to give than what I would have wasted on nuBlizzard/EA games and some antagonistic memes.
Just gonna give you a little reality check here altho I'm sure you're never going to actually cash it. Development of EQ began in 1996 and by 2004, the same amount of time of Pantheons development, they managed to release the core game, ruins of kunark, scars of velious, shadows of luclin, planes of power, gates of discord and omens of war. So you've got the core game and 6 massive expansions and in that same amount of time, Pantheon hasn't even managed to develop a working version of the core game. Sorry bud but this game is fucking vaporware and has never nor will ever amount to anything.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Maybe I'm crazy, but I just think that waiting many years to put out a MMORPG, and hope it's something people will like is not a good business model for the next big thing. Its failed just too many times and cost way too much money for the risk involved.

What if a small company (or even bedroom operation) took a completely different approach to making a MMORPG, and in stead made it completely transparent to the players.

From day one of the first pre-pre-pre-pre-Alpha build that actually manages to build and run for any length of time, you put that sucker out there as "this is what we are working on". Let it be known upfront that the game will change drastically with no notice, characters will be deleted non-stop (until the game is released), and you probably can't count on even connecting to a working server most of the time.

Put it out in that state 100% free, and let your customers decide to donate to the project if they want. Start with something like character creation. Add in some UI. Put in one non-descript area to move around. Toss a mob in to hit. Little by little the game comes to life all the while your potential customers are watching and participating with you along the way.

It probably wouldn't work, but it wouldn't hurt to try something other than the typical throw hundreds of millions of dollars at a development studio and pray you get a game that lasts more than a month when it releases.

Like Star Citizen?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
How many on staff
The fact that you think that's even remotely a valid argument shows me you're insanely fucking delusional. Even if they had 1/10th the staff, to not have produced even the core of the game at this point is a fucking joke.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
When did development start and with how many people? How many zones are there? This seems to aggravate the narrative pushers here.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah... sure you're going to be moving very slowly with a small development staff. But that's an incredibly valid reason to think the game will never get close to finishing. It's not like they were small and now they're big. They were small and they're still small. They've been making glacial incremental progress, especially with all the revamps and overhauls they've already done.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Willing to play the long game

Not like the corpo trash is gonna put anything good out until then

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
If I put some milk and cookies out for Santa Brad, will he bring me Pantheon this year?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user