Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You sure the gate isn’t just the gate to the wilds end?

Pretty cool you have to press shift +# to work your skills. Immersive.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
FB09747D-703B-4C0D-8EAA-84850AE4AA3F.gif

• 5Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 390186

Wild's End and The Gate, two more zones

I don't know how I feel about this screenshot. I'm conflicted.

The color/lighting/art direction reminds me of EQ2 for some reason. Which may not be a 'pro' to me. But, thankfully, there's not 500 hotkeys

The art style is...kind of underwhelming. But it might go over well with the people who are all like "I WON'T PLAY A CARTOONY MMO!"

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know how I feel about this screenshot. I'm conflicted.

The color/lighting/art direction reminds me of EQ2 for some reason. Which may not be a 'pro' to me. But, thankfully, there's not 500 hotkeys

The art style is...kind of underwhelming. But it might go over well with the people who are all like "I WON'T PLAY A CARTOONY MMO!"
Looks fine. Reminds me of old dragon age or Baldurs gate guards.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I always thought Joppa was a big asset for their team because he came across in these interviews as someone who seemed capable of executing Brad's vision. As someone who cut their teeth in the MMO space with EQ, that was something that appealed to me as a gamer.

Years later, it very much feels like Joppa is a big part of the company's problem. I know there's much more to it but as the game's creative director, he's trying to do way too much and include way more detail than a MMO needs. Most gamers who play this will never appreciate that kind of detail.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do think their new models look better. The "before's" have that EQ2 plastic look and beady eyes. At least the new models look competent, even if you don't like the art-style.

Before and After's:
Gnome.png

Elf.png

Ogre.png

Orc.png

Definitely 8 years worth of progress being made here....

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I don't dislike the art style in general, but the world and characters look washed out and desaturated... everything has a muted muddy grey tone
There are some improvements in the new models vs old ones, but most of the improvement seems to be skins/colorization... and even that's still lacking IMO

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
It's amazing how little this stuff matters to me unless they get solidly into the uncanny valley. Focus on great smooth gameplay.

• 4Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like every MMO, where is the innovation?

They haven't learned the FF14 lesson of not bothering with gear slots that are invisible.
FFXIV is a fine game, but its not some pinnacle of development. Good game for a lot of people, sure. But getting rid of the belt slot is just one of the many things that the FFXIV dev team has done to homogenize that game over the years. The amount of slots that they want for their "game" is on par with other games.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah fuck Final Fantasy. What is it with Chris and his FF ass licking and ball tickling in every thread. We get it, its the pinnacle of gaming for you. No need to repeat the shit in every god damn MMO thread dude.

• 4Like