Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Check the forums this morning and see like 40+ new pages since Friday. "oooooo maybe the kickstarter was started" Get to the last page and was quite disappointed
frown.png

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
nah, i guess the first few days after the KS started we will see 40 pages per day, at least
smile.png

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Waiting quietly with guarded optimism, but ready to turn on this project at a moment's notice like a fickle jaguar on its period.

Brad.

I did it to ponytail, I can do it to you.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Check the forums this morning and see like 40+ new pages since Friday. "oooooo maybe the kickstarter was started" Get to the last page and was quite disappointed
frown.png
Today will be the day! Which sucks b/c I have work tonight. I'm doubting they will put it up in the next few hours but you never know..

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
nah, i guess the first few days after the KS started we will see 40 pages per day, at least
smile.png
Yeah... Keeping caught up and filtering the good from bad comments should be nightmarish. We may have to create sub-forums. Maybe "Development Discussion" "Trolling" and "General Displeasure and Pouting"

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah... Keeping caught up and filtering the good from bad comments should be nightmarish. We may have to create sub-forums. Maybe "Development Discussion" "Trolling" and "General Displeasure and Pouting"
I know it's annoying but I'd rather just keep it in one thread. Sub forums tend to suck and people won't just troll in one.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
ii) is slightly more difficult. In that you guys are going to have to give rewards out that you otherwise wouldn't want to. Things like permanent XP bonuses, permanent increase in % chance to find loot etc if you want people to cough up big bucks.
But of course it's hard to balance not giving out OP rewards and not upsetting other players who don't get those rewards.
Eh, I looked at a couple of the more successful KSProject EternityandTorment: Tides of Numenera, which both raised about $4 million.
For Project Eternity, they got ~$430,000 ($250 tier) and all they had to promise was to sign a collector's edition box and throw in an art book and a snazzy patch. Granted these are not MMOs, but they did play on the Baldur's Gate/ Planescape:Torment nostalgia, as well as the 'we're getting the band back together' stuff.
Also I think both had nice stretch goals too.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Eh, I looked at a couple of the more successful KSProject EternityandTorment: Tides of Numenera, which both raised about $4 million.
For Project Eternity, they got ~$430,000 ($250 tier) and all they had to promise was to sign a collector's edition box and throw in an art book and a snazzy patch. Granted these are not MMOs, but they did play on the Baldur's Gate/ Planescape:Torment nostalgia, as well as the 'we're getting the band back together' stuff.
Interesting thanks for posting. What kind of budget would be needed to make a decent game? (5 million...10?)

Is it better to set low goal and hit it, or set a higher initial goal and take your chance?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Looking at those games for some reason made me want a MMO set in the Quest for Glory (probably QFG2) world. I heard they did release a remake of 1 and 2. I always really enjoyed those games and it seemed that entire Sierra catalog was just let to gather dust.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I hope they have a lot of "digital only" tiers, i do not need any physical stuff. I guess it would be a lot chaeper and easier for them if they had no physical stuff at all, only digital tiers. Artbooks, cloth-maps, etc. will take a lot of time and resources to make.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
They should have a digital version of every physical tier that's just a bit cheaper.

Edit: I think one of the ways to haul in the money is to allow upgrades and changes even after the initial campaign, SC made bank that way even if you overlook their USS Walletraper special sales.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope they have a lot of "digital only" tiers, i do not need any physical stuff. I guess it would be a lot chaeper and easier for them if they had no physical stuff at all, only digital tiers. Artbooks, cloth-maps, etc. will take a lot of time and resources to make.
I agree. If they think those things will help fund the project I understand but id much rather every last cent be saved for the making of the game. We can always revisit that stuff once the game is released and hopefully successful financially

delirium_sl

shitlord
Hey guys, thread blew up a bit over the weekend. Anyway, I wanted to touch upon some things that I missed from EQ. First off, being able to drop items/money on the ground. I know this was probably removed from other games to to exploits or people having stuff stolen, but it really helped with immersion, add to that being able to give NPC's items was fun too. Yeah I know people used it to griev others like charming a rat and giving it swords of runes and buffing it. But it made things fun and realistic too. Also being able to buff mobs. Same with having blind cast on you and the whole screen going blank. Or being charmed by an npc was always interesting lol. Oh and I will never forget as a noob in norrath wondering upong a pile of bones only to have it spring up and attack me. Almost made me poop myself the first time that happened lol.

Lethality

Lord Nagafen Raider
Something cool from vanilla WoW, and I don't recall it anywhere else ever since... the ability to mind control a mob and then us its abilities to buff players (UBRS fire resist comes to mind.)