Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Getting back to Pantheon now. Bazgrim is designing a game show called Pantheon Jeopardy. He is giving away an alpha pledge if you win. Should I sign up on his board to be the final contestant? Would you guys watch me? Believe it or not, i am a real person not someone who is made up to drum up traffic on this board due to low ratings.

I would watch it 100%

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Getting back to Pantheon now. Bazgrim is designing a game show called Pantheon Jeopardy. He is giving away an alpha pledge if you win. Should I sign up on his board to be the final contestant? Would you guys watch me? Believe it or not, i am a real person not someone who is made up to drum up traffic on this board due to low ratings.
Please do this

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I've endured way worse. I got called an American Inventor a few times already.

Have a raugh and a smile.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Man, Mr. Sox Mr. Sox has really surpassed you Nirgon Nirgon . Plus, he's literally mad cuz Brad (is still on the documents).

It would be more amusing if I didn't know he was butt fucking a real doll of furor.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
He's going to be butt fucking a real doll of you with Furor's face taped onto it.

And i'll be slapping 5s with him when we equip our respective Club* and Dagger* in a few years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
A small indie studio like Dreamhaven?
No, Dreamhaven will be attempting to trade on Blizzard reputation and nostalgia, as diminished as it is. They will be quiet until they have something to release and the Blizzard drama has died down.

The second they hire Furor they have game journalists going after them for drama clickbait which will then be seen by other journalists, investors and distributors. Employees will walk out and stike to virtue signal (because California).

Then, again, what value is he actually adding?

Back on topic, look at Brad's reputation. Once it was fucked by Vanguard it only fell again with Pantheon and then he died. Has a game dev ever recovered his glory days after drama or releasing a bad game?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I have no fucking clue what's going on and I don't want to.
Maybe start a new thread called something like "What WoW did wrong and how not to do it again by Mr Sox", and move all the replies from this thread that relate to it.

I love the Pantheon thread for all of the fallen memes, but I wouldn't mind reading this side tracked discussion that Mr Sox has started. It just doesn't necessarily belong in the Pantheon thread. Just my two cents.

• 1Worf

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I just want to say that Alex fucked up. But he has been gone for more than two years now. Six years from the incident with the woke woman at Blizzcon. Everyone wants Bobby. I think there were other political motivations for this attack which was introductions of unions in the gaming industries. But yet, the wolves have not finished gorging on the leftovers of a once great empire. I honestly thought that mike and the rest of the gang were going to cash out their stocks and then reacquire the WOW franchise from Microsoft. WOW barely breaks even compared to the other properties at Blizzard. Candy Crush makes the mad money out of all the properties followed a close second to COD. This would be a great opportunity to release wow 2.0 on Unreal engine and modernize its look. Mike, Chris, and the old schoolers collectively have more money than God. Depending how they spin it with the media PR, they could make this work. There is no such thing as bad press. Of course, there would be some conditions that would have to be met first. But I definitely can see it working. Microsoft is going to screw the pooch on this one. To be honest they wanted the mobile side of things anyway. Candy Crush is a really huge property. Do you agree? Should the gaming companies allow unions into the industry?

This is an important lesson for VR and Pantheon here. If you have money, you get to call the shots...Blizzard biggest mistake was allowing Activision into the board room. They lost their identity. i also realize at the time it was a necessary evil with the gut of market share games at the time with the other gaming companies in the pool.

And one more thing VR can learn from the lessons of the past. There is no guild identity in MMOs anymore, I remember when names like FOH, Drow, LOS, and the Dead Toe Society meant something in the game when they showed up in a raid zone. All we have now are Paper Champions. I am glad Furror would take the time and organize raids on the weekends with not uber players and guilds.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Surely Candy Crush must be a way better game than WoW given how many morons flock to it. That's what matters, right?

• 1Worf

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
if you look at the business model, by far mobile games out-perform MMOs by a long shot. They are cheaper to make, faster to get to the market, and more flasher graphics that appeal to a younger crowd ensuring future success in return investments in their game. The old regime started and will with the old mmo model. Two fifferent generations at work here.

MMOs are too vinyl records llike Mobiles are too Blue Rays. Neither model is the best but oreference is the choice.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think we’ve strayed too far from the real topic

5184FD48-2861-4D3B-B65A-C090D9601DD0.gif

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Chris says "Back on topic, look at Brad's reputation. Once it was fucked by Vanguard it only fell again with Pantheon and then he died. Has a game dev ever recovered his glory days after drama or releasing a bad game?"

if you want to get historical, I can. There were a shit ton of games that had bad releases and ended up being good games in the future. The biggest example was No Man Sky but the current one is going to be New World. They have the resources and development to make it happen. Yes, they had a very bad start only because they were not sure which direction they want to take with their game at the time. In Pantheon's case, they have had a lot of bad luck with the staff and funding. Losing Brad hurt the team a lot. I played with brad for a short time in EQ but I learned some much more about him thru his family and friends. I like the guy now. Yes, he had his issues with certain elements. I think it is foolish to doubt that substance abuse is real among creative people, Robert Plant and Paul McCartney used drugs to write some of the most brilliant works of art. But it is about having to control the beast inside when you create something.

The next thing you got to remember about the gaming world is this statement. The players will always win because they have more resources and time to invest where as a game developer spends most of his day just making the games.

I would like to talk to you, Chris, about game design. i am working on a video about game design broken down as simple as circles squares and Matosian triangles.

Without proper funding VR is screwed. They should cancelled the project when Brad died.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I have played Eq for a long time. Rift and WOW for just a few months. The best part for me I enjoyed for WoW was the music. I look at Pantheon and i see some much EQ quest and wow in their game that it it crazy. i dont think it will apeal to the younger audience. Us old timers dont have time to devote to a game that much anymore. MMOs are Dying.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Every time someone stops posting as much I feel like this forum is going to die, but then someone rises in their place to keep the entertainment going.

Thank you for doing your part mr. Sox.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
What if ‘Pantheon’ is just where they send old crazy gamers once they’re past their prime.

like when your family says it’s a vacation but it’s really the old folks home ?

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every time someone stops posting as much I feel like this forum is going to die, but then someone rises in their place to keep the entertainment going.

It is like the same three clinically insane people that show up, go crazy, get banned, disappear, and reappear under a new name. 20 years of this shit, the cycle never stops repeating itself.

• 2Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
What if ‘Pantheon’ is just where they send old crazy gamers once they’re past their prime.

like when your family says it’s a vacation but it’s really the old folks home ?
No that’s actually here. Your already here.

evidence below
It is like the same three clinically insane people that show up, go crazy, get banned, disappear, and reappear under a new name. 20 years of this shit, the cycle never stops repeating itself.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

He's got strong warriors in his corner atm

• 1Like