Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm, after watching that video...my inner mmo nerds corpse stirred from its grave...just a twitch....but I thought that was "impossible" at this point (I dont think I've posted much in these forums for years....).

The good thing for Brad is that most of us poor EQ kids from those days have money now to fund this project, that is, if they can deliver without having awful ideas like chunking (hi 4fps in a major city) and the "golden path". Cautiously optimistic is more than I ever thought I would feel towards any mmorpg, so, here's hoping more good things come out of this.

Lethality

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok, I'm in for $100. Even if it never really happens, I am just glad someone is out there trying to make this kind of game.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
I want to support it, but 2017 is so far away. If Alpha is expected to start a lot sooner, than maybe. Or is Alpha, beta, and release all expected to take place in 2017?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I would imagine to keep this thing getting funded that Alpha would begin in like a year?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It seems like they think they can get this out in 3-4 years. I wonder how big their team needs to be for that to happen. Harfle should give me $10,000 so I can make a dungeon.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Well, there's certainly a couple things I'm disappointed with. The biggest thing probably being the way he answered the corpse run/death penalty question. 'We aren't looking at harsh penalties' seems to be totally contrary to what I thought this game was. Oh... And telegraphs are in... Let's hope it's not over used.

The stretch goals are bizarre and the pledge tiers are worse. Alpha access should have been at $150 tier, beta at $70.

On the other hand, he said a couple things that I'm quite happy about. The optimist in me wants to hit the $150 tier... But the jaded MMO enthusiast in me likes the look of that $45 alpha.

Decisions.

gox_sl

shitlord
For me in $150. I can always make more money.

I do agree the tiers are weird. After alpha its weird shit. Alpha should be more and beta should be on more up. Unless they aren't expecting many high dollar backers and more just people willing to dump 20-45.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
1.6mil reward is UI modability that players can sell in the ingame store?

FTP + micro-transactions?

I don't think this thing will get funded. All the pledges outside the $10 pledge only add up to $972,500. That means nearly every single pledge will have to be taken to fund the game, and I don't see you you can get to $7 million to fund all the stretch goals from 900k just using $10 pledges that don't give you anything. Brad needs to fix this quick.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I think those class stretch goals are retarded. Monk is probably the easiest to design, but is the most expensive. Sounds like some devs don't want to hear the bitching about FD
biggrin.png
lol. I'm in at 150. Disappointed about Monks. But I suppose I can play a filthy rogue until monks show up someday.

surprised about corpses, you have to think they'd at least do vg style XP debt. But sounds like they want to make very tough boss encounters. Well see if they pull it off.

Edit: Agree about Ks issues noted by others. They're missing a 250 and 5k tier and both alpha and beta should have been more expensive. They may need to do a do over in 45 days.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I don't think this thing will get funded. All the pledges outside the $10 pledge only add up to $972,500. That means nearly every single pledge will have to be taken to fund the game, and I don't see you you can get to $7 million to fund all the stretch goals from 900k just using $10 pledges that don't give you anything. Brad needs to fix this quick.
You can always adjust those things and add in more tiers as things move on.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So the first 3 tiers(not including the donate 10 bucks just for the hell of it) only add up to around 400,000 when you take into account the limited spots. After that, it's 85 bucks min for something. They should really have an unlimited 'digital copy' category without beta access etc.

Caliane

man. some of those stretch goals. totally fall under, "I would not play this game if it doesn't have this.."
The low target ensures it succeeds as a KS I guess. Let me know if the game hits 3-4m though I guess.
(or 8m to remove water content)

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I put in the $45 for alpha access. I'm skeptical that this will get funded. I hope it does, but I dunno. If he can't get it funded with Kickstarter, he'll have to start shopping it around to studios.