Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I assumed that as well, SWTOR launched without a moddable (or even movable UI) and it was a pain.
GW2 UI was decent. There's always some room for improvement but I never felt it had serious flaws. It was also very minimalistic, which is always nice. More playing the game and less playing the UI.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Looking into that.

Something else inaccurate in my Q&A: It will be a PC and Mac game. Easy to do that with Unity.
So glad it is Mac & PC. I'm the IT Director of a School District and we are pretty much all Apple so I have to personally stay up on Apple just to make life easier. (My gaming computer is a custom build PC so don't stone me yet) However, I spend a lot of after hours at work and have to do weekend and summer implementations where I simply watch progress bars or delegate jobs. I say that for a little sympathy since most people immediately bring the torches if you mention Mac and Gaming in the same sentence so you really just made my gaming life so much more convenient. Currently I have a VM for when i'm stuck at work or thankfully Blizzard games and LoL have Mac clients. It's a personal perk that I am excited about... still sorting through all the information and attempting to digest. Sorry to throw fragmented comments and reviews about the game. (I'm actually at work right now migrating everything to Office365 in addition to Skydrive Pro and Sharepoint so would love to have something right now worth playing.)

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I think that's a very pointless goal actually, but to each their own.
In 4-5 expansions when Pantheon starts to get watered down to attract subs, you'll change your tune when people can run 'classic' servers without a hassle. Don't like Pantheon's death penalty? Change it. Night too bright? Not anymore.

This is the single most important stretch goal IMO. Well, provided it works like I'm picturing it.

calla_sl

shitlord
Can we get their gaming or forum names as well please just in case they hide behind some other names. I want to make sure I am disgruntle at the right people. :p
the ones i know from vg besides brad:
corey lefever is ceythos
salim grant is sillius
jason weimann is ikik
lenny gullo is tiraslee

tad10

Elisha Dushku
@Grave long time no see

-death: brad commented on that back a few pages.

-instancing: agree with what you wrote, works for story based encounters but that's a lot of dev time that could be better spent on bards and monks.

-combat. Only area where Brad gets benefit of doubt for now from me, as he said no twitch.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Also, in case someone was going to update the first post:
The Visionary Realms Team:
Brad "Aradune" McQuaid
Salim "Silius" Grant
Jason "Ikik" Weimann
James Rochelle
Tony "Vhalen" Garcia
Lenny "Tiraslee" Gullo
Noel "Ilucide" Walling
Corey "Ceythos" LeFever
Frank Beleno
Benjamin de la Durantaye
Updated with names I knew, thread moving fast lol.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't really care for the gps. Rather have a compass that doesn't show on my UI until I actully buy a compass ha...

I know a lot of us also expect a ton of info now... I'm betting some of the KS choices were decided for a reason.. Not sure how much but im betting there were some.

I think this will fund. Lots of old EQ people out there. Tell your old guild mates that quit gaming out of boredom. I already did and a few didn't know about the KS.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Please remove this "quality of life" item. Just seeing it in the pics nearly broke my heart. Radar=Bad
I'd honestly just love an explanation as to why it's there, because I'm sure Brad has his reasons. If I'm being too neckbeardy wanting it gone, which is totally possible, I welcome being told why. Especially since the world isn't even seamless... It'll be super easy to navigate via landmarks and cardinal directions if zones have actual boundaries for reference points.

The only reason for a radar minimap I can imagine is to increase accessibility for players. It's a useful tool for achieving this, but you sacrifice player connection to the world both in the areas of terrain knowledge and potential danger. Seems very contrary to what the 'target audience' would want.

Or maybe it's pre-alpha and it's just in there for shits n' gigs.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
Hey Brad, if funded will Pantheon go the route of Star Citizen and keep funding open on its website so more stretch goals can be reached? Seems to have worked out pretty well for them even though the after KS price and "rewards" were not quite as good.

Mur_sl

shitlord
I'd honestly just love an explanation as to why it's there, because I'm sure Brad has his reasons. If I'm being too neckbeardy wanting it gone, which is totally possible, I welcome being told why. Especially since the world isn't even seamless... It'll be super easy to navigate via landmarks and cardinal directions if zones have actual boundaries for reference points.

The only reason for a radar minimap I can imagine is to increase accessibility for players. It's a useful tool for achieving this, but you sacrifice player connection to the world both in the areas of terrain knowledge and potential danger. Seems very contrary to what the 'target audience' would want.

Or maybe it's pre-alpha and it's just in there for shits n' gigs.
I'm hoping it's shits n gigs. Things like that draw my attention, and I end up playing the radar/minimap, and not even seeing the game. It's totally involuntary with me, I just kind of fall into a trace.

Well off to braid my neck beard...

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Brad. I have an interesting question. If you are able to raise the money, do you plan on purchasing the Unity license and modifying it?

Bruman

Golden Squire
Please remove this "quality of life" item. Just seeing it in the pics nearly broke my heart. Radar=Bad
Agree. Fuck minimaps.

I'm fine with in-game maps that reveal fog-of-war style. Especially if you could make your own notes on it! No "you are here" marker though.

Hell, I'd love to see "cartographer" to be an actual thing. Sell better maps. Get better detail on the reveal. Multi-layer maps. But it'd be no different than tabbing to EQ Atlas - just saves you the hassle.