Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Uh... this thread never fails to deliver. Homestarrunner is still a thing? That video was released 8 fucking hours ago...
They took a break for a while and just started up a couple years ago I think

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

Pantheon deniers stay losing
Fall Down Home Movie GIF by Texas Archive of the Moving Image

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

forehead

Trakanon Raider
I think I could get Midjourney to create generic concept art, have ChatGPT write some lore, and it would be indistinguishable from a Pantheon "update".

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Damn pretty amazing in game footage... oh wait....

Pantheon deniers stay losing

There have been some pretty solid games like final fantasy 10 or baldurs gate 2 that advertised HEAVILY with cutscene type footage and little gameplay. This one though, is there any in game footage at all? I don't see a single second of it. That's... pathetic really.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I am actually convinced there is no possible way Nirgon can be serious and is in fact just hard trolling the fuck out of everyone.

• 3Worf
  • 2Galaxy Brain
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 7 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This got a target release yet? Q4 2026? 2036? Will AI be writing the code by then?
I wrote a very basic, jhanky, sprite game in visual basic using what I asked Chat GPT. It looks like it belongs back on the Commodore 64 or something. My biggest problems were that I didnt know what, or how to ask it a bunch of stuff that would spit out the correct code I needed and how to bridge the previous code with the newer code. So I had to troubleshoot quite a bit to get where I needed to be. Never mind running into a wall when Chat GPT got overloaded. I bet a single person with a lot more experience with Visual, or C++, or hell.. whatever it has access to, can program a much better "game."

So.. ya, good point.