Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

tad10

Elisha Dushku
To be TECHNICALLY accurate I haven't paid for my WoW account in about 3-4 years now, simply because blizzard friends give me year long sub cards as xmas gifts.

I get the point you're making, but I feel like with this specific thing, I've been burned one too many times. I'll let you guys try to put out the fire with your wads of cash and if it somehow ends up being worth it, I'll buy a rinky dink normal scrub account, sans KS funding exclusives.
tongue.png
Thanks for the detailed info of your pointless life. Why you think anyone would give a fuck I can't imagine.

Devnull_sl

shitlord
Disclaimer: I'm looking forward to the game, onboard with the vision and have already backed.

Brad has said it's placeholder content intended to illustrate their ideas, but wow... every piece of the screenshots are purchased models from the Unity store. I understand that store content is one of the benefits to using Unity and that there is much more to a game other than art assets and perhaps they've built an awesome combat engine and lots of gameplay. Hope there are some nice game systems under this and it's not just models posed in a scene.

Minotaur warrior:Asset Store

Female sorceress:Asset Store

Skeletons with sword:Asset Store

Minimap (with reskin, but look at zoom control):Asset Store

Slash! effect:Asset Store

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Thanks for the detailed info of your pointless life. Why you think anyone would give a fuck I can't imagine.
Oh Tad, eloquent and benign as always.

I sort of want the game to be good, so maybe you can go back to your EQ days and get lost in a mountain of hot pocket wrappers and lounge pants soaked in sweat and 2 week old grime.

Then at last, we can be free.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
You're only 4% of the way to the minimum after the rush of all the teet-suckling McQuaid fans have already blown their wad?

Jesus. Someone better ask Rhode Island for help.

bigdogchris_sl

shitlord
Disclaimer: I'm looking forward to the game, onboard with the vision and have already backed.

Brad has said it's placeholder content intended to illustrate their ideas, but wow... every piece of the screenshots are purchased models from the Unity store. I understand that store content is one of the benefits to using Unity and that there is much more to a game other than art assets and perhaps they've built an awesome combat engine and lots of gameplay. Hope there are some nice game systems under this and it's not just models posed in a scene.

Minotaur warrior:Asset Store

Female sorceress:Asset Store

Skeletons with sword:Asset Store

Minimap (with reskin, but look at zoom control):Asset Store

Slash! effect:Asset Store
It takes a very long time to conceive and create art assets. At this stage they are simply looking at creating a prototype. I'm totally fine with them using in engine assets to get that prototype up and running. Part of the funding is to hire more talent which is going to be artist. Art and world design is one of the most expensive parts of MMOs and that's why they're going zone based, to reduce the amount of artist and world designers needed.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
Call me crazy, but I'd love to see a 'kick you in the face when you're stupid' hardcore niche MMO work! I don't care who makes it... Except for Richard Garriott. That's guys a giant-sized bag of Summer's Eve.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Naming policy from ToA please

Naming Others

Unlike other MMOs, those you encounter will not come with a floating name above their head. Instead, you can name someone anything you like. Only you see the name you?ve named them and you will only see it is when you reticule over them or they are in very close proximity.

This is to curb automagically knowing everyone?s name, even those you?ve never met before. This will also help to keep the immersion factor high by not seeing ?N00b D00d3? as he runs by you, unless of course that?s what you named him. Another benefit of no floating names (again, unless you reticule over them or they are very close to you) is concealment. Nothing is worse than trying to hide behind a boulder while your neon green floating name plate gives you away 100 meters out.
Hello, PhonelickAnal, and thank you for your ideas. I hear the lack of nameplates is working great for TESO, so I'm sure it will gain traction in other games. In general, though, this sounds like a great idea for a single player game and I hope Pantheon will take your suggestions into account.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
On a side note, it looks like the 1k donations are coming in.

Anyone from here?
Yeah be sure to post so that Ladyvex can internet tough guy some more right after making fun of someone poopsocking, right after he let slip his parents give him year long subs to an online fantasy world for Xmas.

Devnull_sl

shitlord
It takes a very long time to conceive and create art assets. At this stage they are simply looking at creating a prototype. I'm totally fine with them using in engine assets to get that prototype up and running. Part of the funding is to hire more talent which is going to be artist. Art and world design is one of the most expensive parts of MMOs and that's why they're going zone based, to reduce the amount of artist and world designers needed.
I understand that and agree. But what's the point of putting screenshots on the kickstarter with 99% store assets? It's slightly disingenuous.