Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Yes he is on the project.
He just seems so cold and emotionless most of the time. They need to make sure that guy just does his job and find other with a more positive bedside manner. I don't know the guy personally or anything but if you are looking to "sell" something, get the guys that are salesmen. I really think Brad should have just done the whole thing and promised the moon to everyone.

bayr_sl

shitlord
You would think these veterans of the industry would have so much to say on how they will make a great game given all their collective experience, but they took a high school project approach of applying the bare minimum effort to get by. It's like they literally have nothing

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
You have to think this is a show of force for another investor. (If he can get at least 800k , the investor will front the rest)
I believe that's exactly what he is planning but what has he done the past 6 months? If I wanted another one of my MMOs funded and I needed a nice KS to show consumer support, shouldn't it look better? Shouldn't I have researched KS just a teeny bit?

gogojira_sl

shitlord
A relaunch would surely kill it. It's got some huge hurdles ahead and while I don't think it was too early to launch if they had everything ready to take Kickstarter by storm, I do think it's too early based on what they've put on the table. I think there are a few glaring flaws that are going to put people off and make it incredibly hard to get funding (much less in stretch goals).

And holy shit I am one of the biggest supporters, I want this thing to get funded x100 and I'm helping run a fan site. But I'll never lose my ability to be critical and what they've put on the table is going to be a tough sell.

I don't like the like the borrowed assets because in truth they don't actually show anything. I would have preferred some nice concept art, actual 3D models, etc. I'm not a fan of the idea that they're only working on it a couple days of the week, which means Pantheon is likely dead if it doesn't get the 800K. And I definitely don't like the lack of engaging with the fanbase. You are relying on fan money, get out there and be with the people.

Edit: Also, $45 is an amazing value for game + alpha, beta and all that other stuff, but there needs to be a lower tier at $15 that just offers the game and no extra access or rewards.

Edit: Also, $45 is an amazing value for game + alpha, beta and all that other stuff, but there needs to be a lower tier at $15 that just offers the game and no extra access or rewards.
Agreed.

$15 for the digital download.
$35 for the download + beta access.
$60 for 2 downloads + 2 beta access.

All of them unlimited. That's what this KS needs.... YESTERDAY!

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
They don't need to shut it down. The next 38 days are a sales marathon and they need to be up to the challenge. When backers are asking you questions about your game you need to be there answering them as quickly, and often as possible. When a random guy from rerolled.org is trying to do your job for you because you went radio silent after opening your KS you dropped the ball. If they don't get ahead of this VERY soon they are going to lose what little support they do have.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, you can edit/change the Kickstarter. They just need to be attentive to the problems and answer the questions. They need to continue to work very hard at marketing this throughout the next 38 days. It will be a tough sell, but with some tweaks to the KS and some more solid information about the actual game, it stands a much better chance.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah, you can edit/change the Kickstarter. They just need to be attentive to the problems and answer the questions. They need to continue to work very hard at marketing this throughout the next 38 days. It will be a tough sell, but with some tweaks to the KS and some more solid information about the actual game, it stands a much better chance.
/agreed. Adding more pledge tiers and definately tell us more about the game. He should make a lot more effort in telling us exactly what sort of game he wants to make. It is a lot of phrases right now, with over half of them very generic. He should focus on the stuff that sets Pantheon apart like the Faction he mentions, localized markets and the fact that travel means something again, and more about playerinterdependency (not just group up to kill hard Bosses).

He should explain how these features will work together. Right now I see phrases like "restricted Teleports for certain Classes" but also a tier for in game flight and mounts being offered. He mentions Faction and a world inhabited by intelligent NPC's, explain please? Will we have racial animosity again, a racial political landscape tied into faction? Starting Cities? KoS? Tell us more about Localized markets, I would love to hear about them. Will the newbie experience be a generic fit for all, or race-based and/or class based?

From the KS I get a vibe that hardly anything of this is fleshed out, that the features he mentions are not an integrated whole yet, just wishful thinking. I can not even get a good idea of how the combat that they are so thrilled about is going to be different from the many other systems we have seen in the last 4 years. "So you see a Bastard sword swinging at you and you can go to avoid that and all....." Is it going to be Dark Souls combat meets MMO?

A KS should be more specific. I can understand that hardly anything has been coded yet, but surely there must be a design doc or some. I can't even get a Vision from this KS.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's so easy to fix up too. I can do it myself without help in a few hours. Then a few more hours to fix up the tier, lay out a tier addition plan. The lay out a PR campaign and strategy by drumming up attention on major gaming communities and jumping on a ton of different podcasts if possible.

Take all of that and re-do your introduction video telling people about the game. I could probably have a rough outline done in a day of what you should be saying, then you would just have to reshoot it. Maybe a day or two for post production.

Then once the majority of that is done (hopefully by mid next week) do a media attention grabber, do a newsletter to current backers asking for help spreading the word.

Done. It's all about format, fonts, and the proper look to give it a professional shine. You just need to know what to do and have someone with some good photoshop skills.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's so easy to fix up too. I can do it myself without help in a few hours. Then a few more hours to fix up the tier, lay out a tier addition plan. The lay out a PR campaign and strategy by drumming up attention on major gaming communities and jumping on a ton of different podcasts if possible.

Take all of that and re-do your introduction video telling people about the game. I could probably have a rough outline done in a day of what you should be saying, then you would just have to reshoot it. Maybe a day or two for post production.

Then once the majority of that is done (hopefully by mid next week) do a media attention grabber, do a newsletter to current backers asking for help spreading the word.

Done. It's all about format, fonts, and the proper look to give it a professional shine. You just need to know what to do and have someone with some good photoshop skills.
Brad!
rrr_img_56625.jpg

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didnt realize at first that was Silius on this team.....wtf were you thinking Brad....this guy is universally loathed by gamers.

tad10

Elisha Dushku

I don't particularly like Draegen, but Brad needs help in the KS and this stuff is up D's alley. Frankly, Brad should take Draegen up on this offer.