Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of what? Even I could launch a bunch of startups that do nothing. Not hard. I can start a kickstarter right now for a game I halfass intend to make and will completely abandon when the shit hits the fan from my mismanagement. I think my chihuahua could do so as well.
If you throw 500 at this we can hit 110k right now...(left the we in there for Draegan)

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Or I could decide to stay in the thread and post about the game and the plea for money, ahem excuse me, kickstarter request being made. This thread isn't only for blind supporters you know. People are allowed to have dissenting opinions.
Most of the dissenting opinions are relevant to at least the last 5 years, though. ;/

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Of what? Even I could launch a bunch of startups that do nothing. Not hard. I can start a kickstarter right now for a game I halfass intend to make and will completely abandon when the shit hits the fan from my mismanagement. I think my chihuahua could do so as well.
rrr_img_56909.jpg

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Most of the dissenting opinions are relevant to at least the last 5 years, though. ;/
Vanguard launch was 07. Brad was MIA from 07 to 09 really. Came around in '10 to make casual games, failed at that. Was a fucking game designer on Vanguard, and SENIOR (YAY!) designer on EQ for a year or two and now he is doing this.

In short everything I've posted about is relevant to the last 5 years.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
The point is, if you don't support this, the only other option is to give up MMOs likely for good, or at least for many years going forward. And I mean with a big fat period, because there is. nothing. else.

Are you packing it up then? Should probably be on your local bingo club message board since we won't be seeing you this decade at least, until 2020, if ever again to talk about MMOs.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
What if.. Instead of curt making his own mmo he waited and backed brad's new mmo instead with 30 mil of his own cash and then dozens more he fundraised?

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I think Rhode Island could do some funding for this sort of thing.
wink.png
Welcome to 100+ pages and two years ago. THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!

rrr_img_56908.jpg

Agreed , along with other saying this , give us a bone maybe occasionally at night just to drop in , don't worry about reading everything here except when really have time. MMORPG to Massively to PCGamer to Reddit and so on need your love during the KS time. Once done abandon them and back to us neckbeards.

Also agreeing with Quaid on the don't do a class a week bit , something about it seems tried, old and boring. Do many at once , then races , then other aspects. Spice it up some , it's only 4-5 weeks anyway and they all need to count.

And my own personal addition , sitting down finally tonight after kids in bed and I've got a thread to catch up on here for a Brad Mcquaid game I''ve done my first KS of a decent amount with ,and watch a video for EQL for the alpha I've bought into from SOE. I feel like I'm in bizarro world, a good one , but still something I'd never have expected a little over 6 months ago.
Not that I don't agree with proselytizing, but based on a sojourn around the internet today, this is the safest and most supportive place I have seen for the VR devs. Despite comments like the one above, this is the spiritual home for EQ and what comes next.

EDIT: the shitstorm since I started this post not withstanding. /sigh

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vanguard launch was 07. Brad was MIA from 07 to 09 really. Came around in '10 to make casual games, failed at that. Was a fucking game designer on Vanguard, and SENIOR (YAY!) designer on EQ for a year or two and now he is doing this.

In short everything I've posted about is relevant to the last 5 years.
You're going to miss out on this by being such a stick In the mud.. Hopefully Tuco can find an avatar of a stick In the mud for you..,

spronk

FPS noob
Fuck it, I'm in for a $1,000. Anyone up for helping develop a quest line where you try to win the love of a beautiful girl only to find out at the very end that she is a tranny. I figure the quest giver NPC can be called Fedor.
oh god
ALLANAH STARR's "TrannyQuest" Saturday TS Party

its gonna be interesting to see if this KS works or not. I think the EQ game model is dead and not enough people want to play a game like that anymore, but this is a great way to settle the debate once and for all. If he raises $1m+ I am clearly wrong and there is a profitable market there, if he doesn't then, well, nothing really changes this forum still talks about shit that happened 15 years ago like it was yesterday.

This is a good website btw to try and project where the kickstarter will end, so far kickspy thinks it'll end at $937k (so yeah it'll be successful)
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen by Visionary Realms, Inc.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
The point is, if you don't support this, the only other option is to give up MMOs likely for good, or at least for lots of years going forward. And I mean period, because there is. nothing.

Are you packing it up then?
I see where you're coming from Dumar. Truth be told I haven't played a MMO since SWTOR. Between how EQ2 shit the bed and how SWTOR shit the bed with the quickness I'm just so jaded about the genre as a whole it's kind of hard to care about it anymore. Been getting my gaming fix from shit like BF4.

While I agree beggars can't be choosers I fucking played Vanguard and there is just no way in hell I'm comfortable with pledging anything to Brad. Not with the way he handled Vanguard and literally everything he has touched since. I'm of the mind that if he is theonlyoption for a MMO I'd actually pay to play - then well maybe I just won't play MMOs anymore.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Do you feel the money you spent on Vanguard was wasted or worthwhile?
100% worthwhile. I easily got my money's worth from the game and played it longer than SWTOR/WAR/GW2/AoC/Diablo3/TSW and a few others I'm sure I am forgetting since 06. Again , it proves my point , that for me and others who prefer EQ/VG style games, even a train wreck like Vanguard trumps most other games in almost the last several years.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
This is a good website btw to try and project where the kickstarter will end, so far kickspy thinks it'll end at $937k (so yeah it'll be successful)
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen by Visionary Realms, Inc.
Another problem with this entire thing is $800k doesn't even make a game this board would want to play. That takes like $5M+, which Brad will, um, magically? get if this KS is successful? I just don't see it. Who is going to look at $1M from KS and give Brad the $6M more he needs to actually make a game people would play?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Stop trying to derail the thread imo. I'm posting about Brad in a thread about Brad and his new plea for money. You're posting bullshit and being an annoying fuckbag. Please stop. Kill yourself or something.
We get it. We got it 7 years ago. You've said your piece over and over. Many people agree with you, many people think Brad deserves a second chance. Move on.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
100% worthwhile. I easily got my money's worth from the game and played it longer than SWTOR/WAR/GW2/AoC/Diablo3/TSW and a few others I'm sure I am forgetting since 06. Again , it proves my point , that for me and others who prefer EQ/VG style games, even a train wreck like Vanguard trumps most other games in almost the last several years.
I respect that. I don't understand it, but I certainly respect it. For your sake I hope this comes to fruition then. Your's and Dumar's. Popsicle can blow me though (unless he is too old, icky).

We get it. We got it 7 years ago. You've said your piece over and over. Many people agree with you, many people think Brad deserves a second chance. Move on.
Kind of mean Tuco. I'm a sensitive guy. However you've had my back over and over so you win. I've said my piece. I also love you (no homo).

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Not that I don't agree with proselytizing, but based on a sojourn around the internet today, this is the safest and most supportive place I have seen for the VR devs. Despite comments like the one above, this is the spiritual home for EQ and what comes next.
But the point is this forum is going to be on board as it gets compared to the rest of the webz already. The KS period is about getting the word out and $$ as much as possible from those other places. Spending time to convince the folks who don't know about the game to pony up is what needs to be done now. That trumps everything else for the next month.