Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Should have put it back up at $60 and shown the sold out $45 so people know it gets more expensive if they wait. Right now they are just boning anyone who saw it was sold out and bought the $55
Patches boning people because of buying / doing something at a specific time and then nerfed later ? It's like I'm really playing Everquest!

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
An item loses value unless your the first to loot it or first to kill it? Ehhhh?
I thought the 'rush' to contested content was getting there before anyone else?

There's a difference now. You see back then if people keep continuously losing out on shit, they stuck with the game mainly due to their being lack of options of anything else to play. Not so in 2017.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>

There's a difference now. You see back then if people keep continuously losing out on shit, they stuck with the game mainly due to their being lack of options of anything else to play. Not so in 2017.
That's fine, though. Just like in the mission statement, they aren't looking to please everyone. They have a target audience that isn't being served anywhere else, except maybe Project 99.

The question now is whether or not that audience is big enough to support the development of an MMORPG. We shall see. I've always said I wanted another game like this, so I'm putting my money where my mouth is and backing at $250 and maybe more down the line. I really want it to succeed. I want someone to at least try to make another game like this.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sigh, touch screen on your PC is basically the same thing as playing an MMO on your tablet. You kidding me? It's just a bigger screen.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Sigh, touch screen on your PC is basically the same thing as playing an MMO on your tablet. You kidding me? It's just a bigger screen.
...just because a PC game has features that utilize touch screen technology in monitors does not necessarily mean it would ditch the KB + Mouse combo for input. I can envision a gaming experience in this scenario that would be nothing like a 'tablet MMO'.

Khane

Well I understand the cool factor there. But that seems like a lot to have to deal with. Using your keyboard, mouse and 2 or 3 touch screens? I'm not a spring chicken anymore. I don't think I'd be able to compete in a game like that.

It would also alienate a large portion of the playerbase. Touch screens will probably be more affordable in 3 years but as it stands right now, it's still a large barrier to entry and there's no crystal ball to say what it will be like at this game's launch. Too risky. Not a good use of resources in my opinion.

Well I understand the cool factor there. But that seems like a lot to have to deal with. Using your keyboard, mouse and 2 or 3 touch screens? I'm not a spring chicken anymore. I don't think I'd be able to compete in a game like that.

It would also alienate a large portion of the playerbase. Touch screens will probably be more affordable in 3 years but as it stands right now, it's still a large barrier to entry and there's no crystal ball to say what it will be like at this game's launch. Too risky. Not a good use of resources in my opinion.
They wouldn't have to make it so you HAD to use a touch screen, but making it so you COULD use a touch screen to do certain actions would be great. Imagine playing this on a laptop and being able to touch and move around items into a sewing kit or whatever when crafting. It would be real nice to be able to do that on a touchscreen rather than clicking around with a clumsy mouse or touchpad.

tad10

Elisha Dushku

As if there would be other options in 2017 besides Pantheon for people who want to play "that" type of game, and if BLP doesn't get funded I doubt there will be any options unless SOE decides to do one more go of the Progression servers...

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
They have customizable UI as a stretch goal. Touch screen? You kidding me?

They have customizable UI as a stretch goal. Touch screen? You kidding me?
Good point.
frown.png

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
/looks into crystal ball
By 2017 all you'll have in the MMO space are F2P lobby games where everyone can be any class, cause options. After TESO flops, companies will start building clones of the next most popular thing, LoL, with more social integration and monetization.

Edit: LoL tournament has 180,000 viewers on twitch atm, posting Pantheon KS in it now

Khane

They wouldn't have to make it so you HAD to use a touch screen, but making it so you COULD use a touch screen to do certain actions would be great. Imagine playing this on a laptop and being able to touch and move around items into a sewing kit or whatever when crafting. It would be real nice to be able to do that on a touchscreen rather than clicking around with a clumsy mouse or touchpad.
I could get behind that, good point.