Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

So far it looks like there going to need a whole lot more backers at higher tiers. Majority are at 45 which is to be expected, but it really needs more at least at the 100 tier.
They need to add a $400, $800, and $2500 tier. Then they need to not add anymore $45 slots. Make them move up into the more expensive options.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Phew finally caught up with this thread, sorry for replying to things from 100 pages ago but those posts are only a day old! Wish the pledges would move as fast as this thread. A question regarding that, is this the main interest hub for VR/Pantheon or is there any other forum/community that is as interested as many here are?

Plus the 'multi-classing' you'll be able to do by finding rare spells & abilities that broaden what your race/class can do.Climate system, Outfits/Situational Gear/etc.
I found this interesting, care to elaborate? We wont hold you to it in 2017!

Meh... What are the stretch goal classes? Ranger, Bard, Monk, and Druid? IMO all 'unnecessary' classes, and actually make sense as stretch goals. Put dev time into the meat & potatoes classes and add flavour if/when you get more money.

Bards should never have existed. Their abilities could have been rolled into other classes (magician, paladin) to strengthen them, rather than creating a 'jack of all trades' class. Same story with Druids, whose only real defining ability was snare. Rangers? What makes them a necessary class? A bow? Couldn't the assassin class just have a skill tree for bow combat and tracking? Unnecessary flavour class - get it the fuck out in the interests of streamlining development. Speaking of unnecessary flavour classes... Monk. Unless FD splitting is in, the only reason for a monk (unless it's an avoidance based tank) is so people can see cool karate moves.
So warrior, thief, mage and priest and we're good. Take the manpower for any other classes and put them into dungeons instead. And tbh that could actually work. But most players value the "Unnecessary flavour" higher then you apparently do. Many people I know stick to a few flavors and even dont play games that dont have them. Not saying Pantheon needs 100 classes here, but having the flavor basics covered is something they should pay attention to before doubling up on yet another plate melee for example.

Actually Hartsman was in charge of a complete redesign of Rift. It was a disaster pre-Hartsman and a lot of the assets you don't like were already in place. From what I've heard, he did an amazing job turning the game around in the space of a single year. Kudos to him.
I probably misremember it but didnt you yourself say Rift was much more innovative before Hartsman and he basically retooled into WoW mediocrity based on focus group demands?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
They need to add a $400, $800, and $2500 tier. Then they need to not add anymore $45 slots. Make them move up into the more expensive options.
I agree, if they keep opening slots at lower tiers, that's what people will pledge. TBH though, I really think they need to improve the KS a whole lot before anyone considers those high tiers.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
WoW seemed like an idiotic idea for the 300,000 EQ1 players... How did that work out? It changed the industry from 300k players to 10,000,000?
What? WoW had a huge amount of prerelease hype among EQ1 players who were excited for a change.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
What? WoW had a huge amount of prerelease hype among EQ1 players who were excited for a change.
This is the part that fanboys forgot. That by 2004, there were a ton of EQ players that were sick of EQ and all it's mechanics. They were ready for something like WoW.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow was very good at capturing that new feel.. It won me over in beta.. Over EQ and eq2. It just didn't keep me as long as I would of hoped.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah WoW went into beta during GoD, an expansion that was tuned for 5 levels above the level cap. We couldn't quit EQ fast enough. Hell even City of Heroes was enough to get me to quit EQ at that point.

This is the part that fanboys forgot. That by 2004, there were a ton of EQ players that were sick of EQ and all it's mechanics. They were ready for something like WoW.
That's because SOE had screwed up EQ so bad starting with Luclin that people were screaming to get out. If Luclin and everything that followed, especially the craptastic back-to-back wretched expansions of Gates of Discord and Omens of War circa 2004, hadn't been such a stinking turd, the game would have survived a lot better.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's because SOE had screwed up EQ so bad starting with Luclin that people were screaming to get out. If Luclin and everything that followed, especially the craptastic back-to-back wretched expansions of Gates of Discord and Omens of War circa 2004, hadn't been such a stinking turd, the game would have survived a lot better.
Don't forget them dropping the ball on eq2.. Lol still remember the we are going gold post! That game was so unfun and buggy at that point

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Not all of us EQ'ers were ready for something different. WoW did nothing to capture me. I played a little bit, but my sub didnt even run 5 months.

In the end, i enjoyed eq's community, friends and camping (yes, i enjoyed it) and for me thats why i stuck with eq as long as i did. Once i stopped enjoying it, i quit. 2007.

I could do that again in a new game and a new world, something with a little better graphics. Also, a huge huge thing for me is the killing of Dragons and Deities. love love that aspect of MMO's.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did the devs pack up shop for the weekend? I'm not seeing anything except "more monday." I sure hope not, you guys don't get weekends off when you're trying to get people to pay you. Its internet posting not hard labor.

I hope I'm wrong tho.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Did the devs pack up shop for the weekend? I'm not seeing anything except "more monday." I sure hope not, you guys don't get weekends off when you're trying to get people to pay you. Its internet posting not hard labor.

I hope I'm wrong tho.
Maybe they are taking this time to work on the game?

I hope I'm wrong tho.
Brad has been really active on the two Twitter accounts and on other websites.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
The EQ2 debacle literally pushed me to WoW. And I very much enjoyed launch/vanilla WoW , but as someone who played EQ from beta 4 phase of it on , I really wanted to stick with the EQ universe. I got in a fairly early beta phase of EQ2 and enjoyed parts of it but there was definitely a case of not listening to feedback and rushing the game to beat WoW even if only by a couple weeks.

One example of each , was we were literally screaming bloody murder about the group shared xps debt was not going to work. We got page long explanations of it would make us all even more social and help each other out even more. Idiocy at it's best. It launched where if you invited a group member on the other side of the commonlands , and they fell off a mountain or got jumped no where near the group , your entire group got sudden xps debt. All it did was make people even more afraid to group with someone they didn't know. They were told this often and loudly in the beta forums , but ignored it entirely. We know how that group xps debt idea turned out.

The rushing was painfully obvious. Lvl 40-50 spells were tested zero in beta. Zero. I think they were coding them in the week of launch even.

Things like this pushed me away from EQ2 to WoW and several of my friends who were EQ zealots also.

Edit: Now that I think about it , I believe I played VG far more than EQ2 ( I went back and played EQ2 on and off through the years).

Yeah, I tried EQ2 when it came out. Even got the collector's edition. To let you know how much I enjoyed it, I never ended up claiming the special dragon pet that came with the collector's edition. I was utterly disappointed in that game.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Yeah , it was the tin box wasn't it ? Got it also. There were things I liked about it , just overall given the choice between an EQ that wasn't anything like the EQ I liked anymore, EQ2 in it's rushed and meh state, and WoW at the time , I went with WoW.

Yeah , it was the tin box wasn't it ? Got it also.
Yeah, it was! In fact, I think I still have it in a box somewhere in my house
smile.png

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
damn, forgot all about that box. Bet I have mine somewhere as well. What a let down eq2 was
frown.png