Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Brad, look at LDoN (Lost Dungeons of Norrath) as a template on how to do instancing right. If you sprinkle in linear story telling like that throughout the game world, I think you can get away with it. I'm hardcore anti-instancing and I'm even fine with that approach.
At first, I hated LDoN. I hated instancing and the whole thing. But as I got to know it better, I realized what LDoN gave me: a chance to get back to original EQ where people had to know their jobs in a dungeon and carry them out flawlessly. If you failed to know your role in those things, you'd lose. So, I can kinda agree that LDoN is a good thing to look at. I don't want that system implemented exactly, but the idea that it forces people to learn their classes and perform at a high level, then I'm all for it.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
no wonder we dont get good games anymore, look at you bitches babbling over the most useless shit.

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
I'm very pro-realism. Were I to make a game, I would deny female characters from being knights/warriors to begin with. I'm not sure the 'lifetime channel crowd' can use the realism card against boob armor. It's a small concern for me, though.

But just to make things interesting (and to perhaps stop the whining; or perhaps create some) I would probably like to implement a female-only Amazon class that had one boob cut off.
In this case, since we are going for realism, all male characters get a slight penalty to intelligence. And they are stunned for two rounds when a female character is within 10 yards.

Mur_sl

shitlord
The Athenaeum - EverQuest 2 Lore

Pantheon twitter posted this link. I dont know if this is just some fan posting it, but like i said. Pantheon twitter page posted the link

PantheonRotF @PantheonRotF
Follow
The Athenaeum received a visitor from Terminus today and learned of its Pantheon.The Athenaeum - EverQuest 2 Lore
Fan site, not really officially associated with SoE, but covering lore for quite a few games. Tony Vhalen (the Crimson Minstrel) is a major contributor to the site for Lore. It might even be his site, not really sure.
The tie ins mentioned are more a nod at his time spent working with EQ/EQ2, than a cross over of lore.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In this case, since we are going for realism, all male characters get a slight penalty to intelligence. And they are stunned for two rounds when a female character is within 10 yards.
Female races should start with a passive +10 to cooking and ironing...=P

I've never actually played a female toon. I still think it's weird when guys rage over female armor/boob size.. wtf?!

Looks like PC Gamer boned us on the class stuff.. bastards!

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I was thinking more along the lines of males getting more strength and females more dex/agil.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord

I've never actually played a female toon. I still think it's weird when guys rage over female armor/boob size.. wtf?!

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we aren't horribly disappointed by this PC Gamer article that we've been told will have details and the reason other details haven't been put up on the site.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Fan site, not really officially associated with SoE, but covering lore for quite a few games. Tony Vhalen (the Crimson Minstrel) is a major contributor to the site for Lore. It might even be his site, not really sure.
The tie ins mentioned are more a nod at his time spent working with EQ/EQ2, than a cross over of lore.
Isnt that Tony guy on the Pantheon team as a dev? Why would he write fansite lore about the game if he's working on the game? There's gotta be something going on there.

The title is a visit from the Crimson Minstrel and then Pantheon retweeting it. Its still fishy.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll be pleasantly surprised if we aren't horribly disappointed by this PC Gamer article that we've been told will have details and the reason other details haven't been put up on the site.
yea, I'm hoping it reveals enough for us to at least properly talk about the direction. I know they have a week reserved for classes but give us the nuts and bolts now imo..

Zefah

<Gold Donor>

I don't care about boob size options, but it's idiotic to have thick armor, especially stuff like plate mail, have boobs show through. It's completely ignoring human anatomy and just looks dumb as hell. Like adding a big ol' steel codpiece to a set of greaves or something.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The sad thing is I'd rather sit here and theorycraft or argue about what mechanics I do and do not want then play any of the MMO's out right now.
seriously.. ugh I tried so hard to get into FF and man we shouldn't have to work so hard to like a game.. no offense to those who enjoy that style but not for me.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Didn't pay attention to my card last week. Does the KS site not at least attempt the $ amount of the pledge as a pending charge just to verify it's even possible ? (I know they don't charge , I'm talking about the way sites many times do a pending just to see you even have the available credit )