Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Mur_sl

shitlord
Isnt that Tony guy on the Pantheon team as a dev? Why would he write fansite lore about the game if he's working on the game? There's gotta be something going on there.

The title is a visit from the Crimson Minstrel and then Pantheon retweeting it. Its still fishy.
Yeah he gave them an interview, and they made it fit the sites format. The Keeper Rapha character is the guy who runs the site, and the one answering in italics is Vhalen. The site has a new section for Pantheon lore. I'd expect it to be a good source for lore in Pantheon, just like it was for EQ2. They mention the Vhalen characters time in Norrath, and reference some NPC's because the RL Vhalen used to work for SOE. They're just having some fun with his past.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't pay attention to my card last week. Does the KS site not at least attempt the $ amount of the pledge as a pending charge just to verify it's even possible ? (I know they don't charge , I'm talking about the way sites many times do a pending just to see you even have the available credit )
no.. I actually used a canceled card once on there and it didn't notice until it tried to hit.

Trathos_sl

shitlord
Didn't pay attention to my card last week. Does the KS site not at least attempt the $ amount of the pledge as a pending charge just to verify it's even possible ? (I know they don't charge , I'm talking about the way sites many times do a pending just to see you even have the available credit )
Not that I know of unfortunately.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Who is a_skeleton_03 and what does he have to be mad at?
Just a very unstable poster. Been in the community many years... At least since vanilla WoW iirc. Most here are very familiar with his antics.

To see some of his crazier shit go to The Atheism Thread in the general forum.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
no.. I actually used a canceled card once on there and it didn't notice until it tried to hit.
Really? That seems like a huge oversight. Could you imagine just barely hitting your goal and then having it all come crashing down because of troll donations?

Merlin_sl

shitlord
No. We put our $500 pledge in (2x $250) with about $410 in the account. It didn't even check ( Yes, we will have the pledge money on time).

Noshitdude

Lord Nagafen Raider
Actually, it's more like this:

Present the idea of the project.

Concerns are raised.

Concerns are addressed by saying "the past is the past and I have learned from my mistakes and this time it's going to be different."

Fair enough by most anyone's standards.

Response is "That's cool Brad, we know people make mistakes! You go get em tiger and make it right this time!"

Most people are happy.

People start asking for details about the game, classes, leveling, etc etc etc.

Answers are fairly generic but with a caveat of "Wait for the kickstarter! I can't reveal much until then!"

Again most people are happy with this.

"Okay, you want to make your big announcement on the kickstarter, we understand!"

Kickstarter day finally gets here.

Kickstarter is steaming pile of unorganized shit with completely generic bullshit info and lore, amateur as fuck videos, confusing pledge tiers, concept art that looks mostly unrelated, and overall offering the distinct feeling that it was just thrown together at the last minute.

Concerns are raised.

Concerns are addressed by fans stating "Oh they probably just started on it!".

Concerns are inflamed by Brad stating "Oh no, we've been working on this since september!"

Concerned people are thinking "Hrm, he said this time it was going to be different. If this jumble of shit is what they came up with in 4 months and they are expecting it to be the driving force to get people to throw money down on their game... What is it going to be like when they aren't in the TEHE WE NEED MONEY phase?"

Concerns are addressed by Brad stating "Sorry guys! We are new to kickstarter! Help us out!"

Concerns are again inflamed when the cleric class "reveal" is nothing but generic bullshit you could pull off of any game website.

Concerned folks are like "Uhhh do you guys even have a design document for this game?!"

All of these concerns are addressed with "Sorry, we realize there are mistakes and we're working on it!"

Concerned folks are like "Give us more info, make us believe, help us want to give you our money!"

Fans reply to concerned with "OMFG GIVE THE GUY A BREAK EVERYONE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE!"

Concerned folks are like "Uhhh, my expressing interest and asking questions is 100% proof of my desire to give him a second chance... If I just thought he was a piece of shit and didn't want to give him anything, I'd just ignore all of this after maybe calling him a douche a time or three."

Anyway... My point is, these questions and concerns have little to do with Vanguard directly. However, when you have someone who has already committed some offense, you treat them with more skepticism than you would someone who has not. When you have someone who has committed an offense, and is demonstrating behavior that alludes to the prior offense you become MORE skeptical... THAT is being rational.
So much this.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Just a very unstable poster. Been in the community many years... At least since vanilla WoW iirc. Most here are very familiar with his antics.

To see some of his crazier shit go to The Atheism Thread in the general forum.
I would say go to the politics thread......but honestly. Don't. No seriously. Just don't.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
ibj19HvXTKsXV7.gif
Btw....we were having a discussion on lighting, or more specifically, nights getting dark. Watching this gif, this is fucking WIN! THAT'S how lighting should be done! That is fucking perfect.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Btw....we were having a discussion on lighting, or more specifically, nights getting dark. Watching this gif, this is fucking WIN! THAT'S how lighting should be done! That is fucking perfect.
I don't mind that in a cave or indoors, but outdoors no.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I also really like this idea of maps without anything indicating my location. Hell I still use EQAtlas maps if I play on p1999. If they don't put them in game I'll just pull them up on my phone while running merrily along for the same effect.
When reading posts like this, it make sme think what people really want is what is already Mortal Online.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
except mortal online is a buggy, low population abortion with no connection to Eq or VG style familiar mechanics many desire

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I don't mind that in a cave or indoors, but outdoors no.
I've always been a hardcore EQ human blindness fan , but actually that's a reasonable compromise. Make dungeons and underground caves this kind of dark , maybe an occasional completely overgrown forest pitch-black but most of outdoors starlight/moonlight visible.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
no-one cheered harder for MO than I. but its beyond redemption due to poor decision making since launch.

it had so much promise, but its a disaster, having said that nobody can say it didn't try to be different