Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Lysis

N00b
During his time sparring and hyping with fans of Everquest, a point came where Brad transcended the game and became it. We're currently playing the latest expansion of the Brad massively multiforum message board game. We're in his world now.
frown.png

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly, follow along. Weren't you one of the more ardent supporters before? You and pharmakos are backing up the idea that the fanboys aren't paying much attention.
while a lot of you do seem to be paying 100% attention, to pay complete attention to this is a full-time task that i neither have the capability nor the desire of doing

this thread is filling up at a ridiculous rate

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Even going by math, at this point the KS would have to overcome a whole lot to make goal. The KS has been out for 10 days now. With an 800k goal, you figure at the very least it needs to average 200k in a 10 day span. Here we are 10 days in and it's still not at 200k and that's accounting for days 1 and 2 when there was a huge surge. You're going to need a number of 'surge' days (going over 20k a day) to overcome the last few days, especially yesterday. IMO the only way you get those kind of surges is if they start showing some real pre-alpha stuff, design docs, etc. I don't think they have any of that.
I genuinely wonder if on the last day it's sitting around 700k, some of the delusional ones screaming "Leave Brad Alone" on the KS forums will freak out and max a 24.9% interest CC out to up pledges and make it limp over the 800k.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
By 2024, without Pantheon, do you think we will have a MMOG like we've all dreamed and talked about on this forum since the days of EverQuest? Honest answer.
Just got back from 2024, Nope no Pantheon, but oddly enough in the last 10 years people other than Brad made video games. It was most excellent.

rrr_img_57584.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly, follow along. Weren't you one of the more ardent supporters before? You and pharmakos are backing up the idea that the fanboys aren't paying much attention.

The 75K was part of a fee for Hero Engine (along with 7% royalties) that Brad rejected, in favor of Unity.
I still am a supporter. Not sure how me not remembering the details on the license fee changes that? So you should follow along. Despite what stupid shit you're saying.. I can be critcal and be supportive or is that concept over your head?

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Maybe that's the problem, Dumar. Honest answer: I stopped dreaming about the perfect mmo about 7 years ago and learned to enjoy what was on the merits of what it was. What I thought was a perfect mmo in 2001 is entirely different than what I think a perfect mmo will be in 2015.

I think you're chasing a shadow, man. I think EQ was that powerful of a formative addiction. And if that's all it was I seriously wouldn't care... but it's stopping you from enjoying what is enjoyable. But that's free advice and take it for what it's worth.

But be aware that brad will continue to sell you false hope on kickstarters until he dies. It's how he makes money now.
To be honest, when I read the vagueries on the KS, I do not get a vibe that Pantheon will come really close to EQ in gameplay features. As I said in another post, I think modern EQ still has about 95% of the features that the posters in this thread put on the "required feature list for old school mmo". Sure, EQ is old and tired and topheavy and over boxed but still.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I still am a supporter. Not sure how me not remembering the details on the lisense fee changes that? So you should follow along. Despite what stupid shit you're saying.. I can be critcal and be supportive or is that concept over your head?
You missed my point. I know you're still supporting it. My point was you were MUCH more zealous before and you also demonstrated that you weren't paying attention. Thus my speculation that the fanboys seem to pay less attention, blinded by Brad's light.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Problem is always engineering. It's the same in the actually industry from what I understand, actual coding and engine manipulation is a pretty difficult skill set--it's been growing as things like Unity become more use friendly but it's still a skill set that's in demand. But hell, I'd work on a game for free if it was during my off season--I sold kits for house rules at the hobby shop all the way through college, I always enjoyed making board games/table tops more than even playing them (And I love playing them).

I don't, for one main reason--plenty of people warned him that this kind of campaign was a bad move even before we began the wait for the magical PCgamer article.
We should form a kickstarter together, maybe like $150k, to form an exploratory company to find out if it's possible to make an MMO. So once we find that we can, we'll make another kickstarter to fund the game.

We'll call it NeverInstance.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
We should form a kickstarter together, maybe like $150k, to form an exploratory company to find out if it's possible to make an MMO. So once we find that we can, we'll make another kickstarter to fund the game.

We'll call it NeverInstance.
Brad beat us to the punch
frown.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You missed my point. I know you're still supporting it. My point was you were MUCH more zealous before and you also demonstrated that you weren't paying attention. Thus my speculation that the fanboys seem to pay less attention, blinded by Brad's light.
Its a retarded point you're trying to make..at some point the cheerleading has to stop and serious concerns need to be addressed. I don't know how you handle that in fantasy land but in the real world we call it logic and being reasonable.. The engine talk went crazy and I'm still not sure there isn't a fee for unity. I may of mistaken the amount..

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Since we want to remove questing too I think we should just call it NeverQuest.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Reading all the dumbass ideas about making a kickstarter for a kickstater had lead me to a dumbass idea of my own..

KickStartKickStarter.com - It will be a site where people can kickstart their ideas to put on kickstarter, I will put up my own kickstarter for it. Who wants to go in on the most Meta of projects, but keep in mind you aren't my investors so no asking pesky little questions about when, where, or why I will be using the funds.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Its a retarded point you're trying to make..at some point the cheerleading has to stop and serious concerns need to be addressed. I don't know how you handle that in fantasy land but in the real world we call it logic and being reasonable.. The engine talk went crazy and I'm still not sure there isn't a fee for unity. I may of mistaken the amount..
I handled it by never being a cheerleader for something that didn't deserve it. That's how reasonable people act. Optimism is good, but cheerleading is not, especially for something with so little substance.

But yes, Unity does have a fee (and a lot less last I looked). The more important part is no royalties. Can't blame them for that.