Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is such a depressing msg from Ben. At least before I was able to console myself with, "they are just bad at kickstarter." Now? They are bad at KS and spent months with almost nothing to show for it. Im letting them keep my pledge, but just because I'm the dude from an officer & a gentleman and have no where else to go.

Were they working on cars in that garage? How is this all they have to show?
The funny thing is that it's really not news. Anyone with half a brain can sort of figure out they are just coming up with stuff on the fly. The most obvious part is the class and lore 'descriptions', which basically amounts to a paragraph here and there. Even what is written has been pretty bland. That is absolutely the wrong way to try to do a KS campaign. They need to go back to the drawing board. Work on some sort of prototype. Put together a design doc. Flesh out some of these ideas. See what is and isn't feasible.

They basically said, we want to make EQ again but don't know how really. Give us your money so we can see if it's possible.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Would you believe me if I said that's me?

Frankly you have to be out of your mind to think that funding for a company would be considered personal income by the IRS. Simply not the case here in Germany.
Can't you just file a tax return if you can prove all that money went into a company?
Well, that's kind of what I meant: He's probably going to have to get some help to make sure it doesn't get treated like income. I just don't believe that he has thought that through (or that he's thought about the taxes that would be incurred even if the money wasn't deemed as personal income). Obviously, no proof of this, but he hasn't demonstrated a lot of preparedness in my mind.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Oh please put this entire thread into Rickshaw at this point.
You know it's been a crazy ride though, we've had an epic train wreck with Brad, some trannies, complete butthurt shills, fucking 14'er, and I have a feeling it isn't over yet. I think it's Hall of Shame worthy.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well, that's kind of what I meant: He's probably going to have to get some help to make sure it doesn't get treated like income. I just don't believe that he has thought that through (or that he's thought about the taxes that would be incurred even if the money wasn't deemed as personal income). Obviously, no proof of this, but he hasn't demonstrated a lot of preparedness in my mind.
Well if we know one thing about Brad it's that he knows how to handle money!!!
TrainWreck1.gif

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Frankly you have to be out of your mind to think that funding for a company would be considered personal income by the IRS. Simply not the case here in Germany.
Can't you just file a tax return if you can prove all that money went into a company?
Here is an interesting tidbit. Visionary Realms is not registered as a corporation in the state of California. They are incorporated in Delaware which has very very loose tax laws.

aZZNlsC.jpg

A lot of the things that kickstarter is talking about when it comes to taxes is LLC's and sole proprietor. VR is not one of those.

Habakkuk_sl

shitlord
I actually decided to pull my pledge for the time being. I honestly mean no disrespect to these guys and I am trying to sympathize with the current situation but their releases just seem a mess and shot from the hip. I'm not saying I won't ultimately pledge but this continual lack of planning is not for me. From day 1 it seems they have been figuring it out on the fly. These guys are not strangers to the industry and there have been too many others (i.e. Garriott and Jacobs) to not understand how KS works.

Honestly, I felt lore week was kind of a slap in the face. I'm sure this there way to buy time so they can get other things together and/or they are attempt to put the good stuff towards the end but I feel most of what they'll end up with is what was needed to at the beginning.

I agree with an earlier post. This KS should have been painted as what is needed to start up the company and then later release a KS for the game. They are placing the cart before the horse and to be honest, they don't own either.

I jumped on board the first day and probably should have simply reduced my pledge but the more I read, the more I feel like I am supporting mediocrity. To me, in business, and what I expect out of my employees and students, this is below expectations.

That's my personal opinion in regards to me and my own money. I hope over the next couple of weeks I am proved wrong so I have the confidence to pledge again.
What is the point of backing out with 30 days to go yet? Why not give them the rest of that time to reveal their whole hand. If by then you feel its still a doomed project, back out at that point.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
What is the point of backing out with 30 days to go yet? Why not give them the rest of that time to reveal their whole hand. If by then you feel its still a doomed project, back out at that point.
They HAVE revealed their whole hand. He stated as much. They are making this stuff as they go and that is a horrific way to run a KS campaign. They are not holding back a mountain of amazing information for later. They are just trying to keep tidbits rolling out until the end.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Uhh, haven't you heard? They already busted their nut. They are now just scurrying. It seems like.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tell me boy, are you stupid or just plain stupid?

You back out to show that you're dissatisfied with the project. You still have until the end of the KS to re-pledge.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Here is an interesting tidbit. Visionary Realms is not registered as a corporation in the state of California. They are incorporated in Delaware which has very very loose tax laws.

aZZNlsC.jpg

A lot of the things that kickstarter is talking about when it comes to taxes is LLC's and sole proprietor. VR is not one of those.
intradasting

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
No really, Delaware is actually a pretty popular state to incorporate in.
Yup, that is where I will be doing mine in. I said interesting because I didn't think they were smart enough to think that far ahead
biggrin.png

I think Verant was in CA but that might have been before some changes etc.