Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Free Realms was the excuse they used to fuck over Vanguard and pull every single dev off. I knew that fucking game had fail written all over it. They really thought that the new market was 13 year olds? Kids don't give a fuck. They are not loyal to games and won't log in every night and won't pay for every little thing under the sun. They deserted us, the loyal hardcore MMO players to chase the money. Fuck em. And yea, I'm bitter.
Vanguard was dead in the water the day SoE took over and Sigil burned to the ground. It's naive to think otherwise.

And there are successful MMO's targeted toward younger kids:

Wizard101 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They've got to figure out some way to keep momentum going. They can't handle too many days dipping below the average they need. It'll end up where the last day spike won't come close to getting it done.
They need at least 15k a day and that's even assuming they are going to get some sort of surge the last few days. The problem continues to be backers, they are just not bringing in enough.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I hate posting on page 666 but I couldn't help but asking.... Is no one else worried about my good buddy Tad10?

Seriously tad what's the story bro?
Just hanging with Wizardhawk and Araysar in Sochi. Checking out some rainbow colored AKs. All is well.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Vanguard was dead in the water the day SoE took over and Sigil burned to the ground. It's naive to think otherwise.
Its also naive to think that with the resources SOE has at their disposal, they were unable to make any (edit) continuing* improvements to Vaguard. They just choose not to. Remember, while small in number, there were quite a few of us who played, and enjoyed the game. So yes, we were upset when they pulled all the devs to work on some lame fucking game for pre-teens basically telling the rest of us to fuck off.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would remind you that without SOE's involvement, Vanguard would have never even launched.
Except they half-assed it. It released the same week at WoW's first expansion in a barely playable state; it doesn't take a genius to realize what was going to happen.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
When the checking account is empty its launches.

Funny how thing have changed. We have people paying for fucking alpha and games soft launching in half ass alpha state now.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Its also naive to think that with the resources SOE has at their disposal, they were unable to make any (edit) continuing* improvements to Vaguard. They just choose not to. Remember, while small in number, there were quite a few of us who played, and enjoyed the game. So yes, we were upset when they pulled all the devs to work on some lame fucking game for pre-teens basically telling the rest of us to fuck off.
My guess is that Smed realized Vanguard was a bad purchase almost immediately. The game had a horrific reputation before it even left beta, and from the sounds of it the game just wasn't making them much, if any money. So with that in mind I can see why they didn't want to put any money into the game. They had the ability to "turn it around for Vanguard", but investing millions of dollars in a product that had already failed was something that I am guessing Smed just couldn't sell to his bosses.

If they could do it all over again Vanguard would of died with Sigil.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
My guess is that Smed realized Vanguard was a bad purchase almost immediately. The game had a horrific reputation before it even left beta, and from the sounds of it the game just wasn't making them much, if any money. So with that in mind I can see why they didn't want to put any money into the game. They had the ability to "turn it around for Vanguard", but investing millions of dollars in a product that had already failed was something that I am guessing Smed just couldn't sell to his bosses.

If they could do it all over again Vanguard would of died with Sigil.
(Not directed at you, but the thought process). Ok yea, but I don't understand this line of thinking. Its like, I own a successful automotive repair shop bringing in a couple million a year so I invest $50k in a 2013 Camero and you get home and it runs like shit. And you tell yourself, fuck it, just gonna park it in the garage and only drive it for beer runs. OR.....rebuild it right? Damn thing is brand new, just fix it and it will run for the next 25 years. I already got the shop, 10 employees, make good money, have all the equipment already at my shop, and am a licensed Chevy repairman. So why in the world would I just let it rot? Makes no sense.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
(Not directed at you, but the thought process). Ok yea, but I don't understand this line of thinking. Its like, I own a successful automotive repair shop bringing in a couple million a year so I invest $50k in a 2013 Camero and you get home and it runs like shit. And you tell yourself, fuck it, just gonna park it in the garage and only drive it for beer runs. OR.....rebuild it right? Damn thing is brand new, just fix it and it will run for the next 25 years. I already got the shop, 10 employees, make good money, have all the equipment already at my shop, and am a licensed Chevy repairman. So why in the world would I just let it rot? Makes no sense.
I think the first problem to this analogy is you are equating Vanguard to a 2013 Camero. Second, it's more appropriate to say the car was so broken down by the time you bought it that you had to tow it to your house instead of drive it. As to why you bought this broke down piece of shit to begin with....ask Smed.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I would remind you that without SOE's involvement, Vanguard would have never even launched.
SOE forced the launch... if they waited 6 months and put money into it... Many of us would have been playing it for years. It was the game most of us wanted while SOE was still thinking Wow dollars and we see how that worked for EQ2 and SWG. LOL

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I haven't said anything a PJP but those guys are looking too much through rose-colored glasses for my taste but that is probably a good thing for Brad. If the project gets funded and that becomes the place to post ideas and share feedback, maybe i'll become a little more verbal but I what I have learned from the KS comments is you really cannot reason with these people. If you say anything sensible or you bring reality into the picture they go ape. There are few guys over there, primarily from this board, that act like they've played EQ before and understand MMO's but i'm beginning to wonder if you were to go to KS comments and take a poll on their favorite EQ expansion they would say Luclin.
Luclin came up with AA, which are like the best thing ever in my book. The expansion had plenty of flaws too though, like possibly being less finished then GoD.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The only things bad about Luclin were the setting and the character models, which could be turned off anyway. Oh and Vex Thal was a bag of dicks.