Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This thing is dead in the water. They didn't show us shit. This team is just really really bad at this.
the problem is that even before they can show you shit moving on screen the backend needs to be sorted. there is a reason why MMOs cost millions and that's not only incompetence. Having said that I'll give my money to Brad and I'll support him to whatever goal he reaches. Because games.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
This is just more of throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks. Twitch could be a good medium for them to use but at least try and make it entertaining. I would rather watch these guys play a marathon session on P99 while adding commentary and explaining how different parts of EQ came to be.
This is what sucks with them being on someone else's show. They really need to start up their own channel.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
On the math class subject , we're looking at needing 30K a day the next 5 days to be at the half way point to barely fund. That end of the KS push/spike is looking like it would have to be massive to have this thing fund.
I don't see this happening. They need to get their act together and try again next year or something. This time with something like deliverance level prep: several already playable zones, classes and races.

K13R

This is just more of throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks. Twitch could be a good medium for them to use but at least try and make it entertaining. I would rather watch these guys play a marathon session on P99 while adding commentary and explaining how different parts of EQ came to be.
Yeah like VH1 behind the music..

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's hilarious is twitch chat and KS comments make this sound like it's gold. I understand having blind optimism but holy shit.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
They should of had a predetermined amount of that dungeon they wanted to finish. I did not see him build jack squat while watching that vid. Oh wait he put some steps in, lol

K13R

Really dont know what you guys were expecting. This isn't even pre-alpha, it's pre-studio footage
I don't know...Some level of give a fuck along with dash of we know what the hell doing and sprinkle of Professionalism..

Brad you just can't roll down the windows of your Ferrari go 90 on the I-5 and expect the cash to come pouring in

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
/pulls pin
Creator Visionary Realms, Inc. 3 minutes ago
LONG LIVE SLAPPY! He will return my friends.
/ducks

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Really dont know what you guys were expecting. This isn't even pre-alpha, it's pre-studio footage
The same thing we've been expecting for 675 fucking pages, any hint of professionalism, any glimmer of hope in this ocean of shit they call a plan. People expect to see a game because they are hyping Pantheon the game.. look at the Kickstarter page whats the name on it? Fucking Pantheon the game they spent 4 months on and are attempting to hype, when it should of been called "Visionary Realms, Inc. Rise of the Rent Check".

They are hyping their game telling everyone what will be in it ect, but they aren't sure how to go about it. Some of you guys don't seem to understand that when you release a Kickstater you can't be in developer mode, you need to be in salesman/marketing mode. There are a ton things these guys can do to help with that, like acting excited about the game they are making like the others are suggesting. Twitch is a good medium, using social media is a good medium those were smart choices that the community gave them to work with, but it feels like they could fuck up a wetdream. They are given more opportunity than most given their status, honestly they got more doors open to them than any independent developer just starting out so it's /facepalm worthy to watch it be squandered repeatedly. The reason we keep watching is the same reason people watch a train wreck, it's hard to turn away.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
I called that on twitch..... they didnt "build" a damn thing
I tuned in for a second and saw him spinning a wall piece around while one of the team members admitted not knowing a thing about the Revenant race that they will announce tomorrow...

Just made me sad so I turned it off.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
The same thing we've been expecting for 675 fucking pages, any hint of professionalism, any glimmer of hope in this ocean of shit they call a plan. People expect to see a game because they are hyping Pantheon the game.. look at the Kickstarter page whats the name on it? Fucking Pantheon the game they spent 4 months on and are attempting to hype, when it should of been called "Visionary Realms, Inc. Rise of the Rent Check".

They are hyping their game telling everyone what will be in it ect, but they aren't sure how to go about it. Some of you guys don't seem to understand that when you release a Kickstater you can't be in developer mode, you need to be in salesman/marketing mode. There are a ton things these guys can do to help with that, like acting excited about the game they are making like the others are suggesting. Twitch is a good medium, using social media is a good medium those were smart choices that the community gave them to work with, but it feels like they could fuck up a wetdream. They are given more opportunity than most given their status, honestly they got more doors open to them than any independent developer just starting out so it's /facepalm worthy to watch it be squandered repeatedly. The reason we keep watching is the same reason people watch a train wreck, it's hard to turn away.
Booze is pretty much a shit poster...but then he nailed this like a virgin on prom night. /agree

Oloh_sl

shitlord
In fairness, it would be tough to make any of our jobs look super exciting in an hour video. He tried his best to mix it up, by switching between exterior world map stuff, a dungeon, and Maya, but the bottom line is level design isn't like playing a game. There is a lot of moving rocks, and then moving rocks again going on. Maybe a twitch video, therefore, isn't the best format to get people excited about the game, but if you are looking for positives, (1) they clearly recognize that the need to show "the game" to people to get funding, and (2) they know they need to make people feel like they are seeing "under the hood" and part as the development team. While this might not been the most exciting hour, it was at least a response to the (valid) "show us the game" comments.

Sure, they could have had all this pre-planned and worked out in advance, but grass roots companies learn grass roots lessons.