Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
it won't fund, the Camelot Unchained graph is not the only one relevant to this but this project will basically need something unprecedented to get funded at this point. Like Sam Deathwalker forgoing hookers for the next decade to donate 400k.

Actually it's basically been a zombie KS for at least a week now. Has any other "major" Vidya KS like this failed before? I think they are will be trailblazers in that at least.
Republique is the one I always look at when it comes to unexpected funding and never losing hope:

Republique by Camouflaj + Logan by Camouflaj :: Kicktraq

I mean, look at this shit:

rrr_img_58210.png

rrr_img_58211.png

They got the fucking word out right at the very end and completely turned around what looked sure to be a failure for almost the entire Kickstarter push. Almost half of their entire funding in those last three days.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
it won't fund, the Camelot Unchained graph is not the only one relevant to this but this project will basically need something unprecedented to get funded at this point. Like Sam Deathwalker forgoing hookers for the next decade to donate 400k.

Actually it's basically been a zombie KS for at least a week now. Has any other "major" Vidya KS like this failed before? I think they are will be trailblazers in that at least.
It it doesn't get funding it will put it in the bottom 19% of shittiest kickstaters.

Of the projects that have reached 20% of their funding goal, 81% were successfully funded. Of the projects that have reached 60% of their funding goal, 98% were successfully funded. Projects either make their goal or find little support. There's little in-between.
rrr_img_58212.png

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
It always seems like the closer a project gets to its goal the more likely people are to pledge. Maybe it's just my observation, but it sure seems like people are attracted to success (perceived or real).

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Republique is the one I always look at when it comes to unexpected funding and never losing hope:

Republique by Camouflaj + Logan by Camouflaj :: Kicktraq

They got the fucking word out right at the very end and completely turned around what looked sure to be a failure for almost the entire Kickstarter push. Almost half of their entire funding in those last three days.
Did you even look at their Kickstarter though?

Republique by Camouflaj + Logan by Camouflaj Kickstarter

There is a world of difference between the two.

Column_sl

shitlord
All jokes aside, I hope they get an investor for this.

I like that the original guy who did some of the best EQ dungeons is on there team.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Serious question Dumar as I know you are all in and think this is our only shot at a game like this(I'm a reasonable backer at 375 but not quite to its our only hope ever but definitely lean that way).

Right now at this point what do you think they need to do that is within their power to get this funded ?

And other folks too who think they have a chance.

Is the problem that there are still too few that have heard of it , or have enough heard of it but haven't been convinced to contribute ?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's still too early to say if this will get funded or not. The original estimates by boozecube and the others are obviously wrong already.

Again, most funding happens at the beginning and the end of kickstarter campaigns. The last 10 days will be when things heat up.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
There is a world of difference between the two.
Ya, they announced going from iOS to PC/Mac a couple weeks prior to the end, and 4 days before put up a new pitch & did a media blitz
I think a better example is the barely fundedPathfinder Online, with $226K the last day, but that could have been due to them doing the refer a friend thing (and maybe just funneling their own money into it as a couple have mentioned here to get it funded).

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's still too early to say if this will get funded or not. The original estimates by boozecube and the others are obviously wrong already.

Again, most funding happens at the beginning and the end of kickstarter campaigns. The last 10 days will be when things heat up.
Oh really? What were my original estimates? Jesus you American Inventors love to bandwagon shit without even reading posts, I have said plenty of positive shit about the idea and offered suggestions for improvement, not everything I say is bashing this game in spite what some dipshit posters would have you believe.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You said 250k to 300k max if I recall correctly. Obviously, they will get more than that, and you have no clue what you are talking about.

Over 800k though? I have no idea.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh really? What were my original estimates? Jesus you American Inventors love to bandwagon shit without even reading posts, I have said plenty of positive shit about the idea and offered suggestions for improvement, not everything I say is bashing this game in spite what some dipshit posters would have you believe.
Uh oh.. Shits getting real..

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Serious question Dumar as I know you are all in and think this is our only shot at a game like this(I'm a reasonable backer at 375 but not quite to its our only hope ever but definitely lean that way).

Right now at this point what do you think they need to do that is within their power to get this funded ?

Is the problem that there are still too few that have heard of it , or have enough heard of it but haven't been convinced to contribute ?
The answer is somewhere in the middle. They need to show more - obviously the portrayal & presentation of this KS could've been done much better. I don't really care the reasons why, whether they were coked outta their minds most of the time or just didn't plan well enough. The fact remains: should've shown more from the beginning.

I agree with them having mainly designers at this point, actually. That has to change if this gets funded.

Personally, I would've really built up the release date of the KS in as many outlets as possible. Make people aware of the KS before the release of the KS. That to me wasn't done nearly enough.

It really is our only hope. I've asked the question countless times in this thread, nobody has given me any sense of anything outside of some unfounded optimism for 'something in the future', which is just as if not more risky than putting your faith in Aradune.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah ,there is no way this getting to 800k.
Like someone said earlier it have to do 15k a day, or something similar. It's not even doing close to that.

PhoneticHalo_sl

shitlord

For what its worth.
Things that needed to be done before kick-starter but will have to done ASAP.

-Concept art and lots of it.
-Details list of races and classes and combinations.
-Detailed design doc on death penalty, travel and combat (This is very important to your target audience.)
-One designed zoned/dungeon without placeholder art and a video of an encounter. (this can be scripted)
-A trailer. (something like the EQ anniversary videos of people talking about their old EQ/MMO experiences)
-And a fully running PR team. (kick-starter is PR not game dev sadly)
-A already organised community/website to help and advise the kickstart prior to launch.

The other option was to go in for a much lower amount with the theme of this is to fund the above ready for another kick-starter push later in the year. I get the feeling they would have hit about the same amount with just this. From the info and interview it sounds like they are still very much in the idea phase of the project and that is quite off putting to pledgers I think.(with history and all)

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now you are just making shit up.
Somebody said it.. I don't know if it was you. I think you brought some good stuff to this thread.. For a while it just got redundant with the negative and it turned some people off from reading.. Not because you didn't have a point, but bc you kept making the same one..

Anyway.. I still say this will fund. Somehow, someway.. Just wish there were more backers at this point.