Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Column_sl

shitlord
Wow they are really strapped for concept art. That's not even a dungeon that will appear in the game.

That's just something the guy who is there main designer was practicing on because he was new to unity.

He made that it on that earlier livestream.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
If I was the team, the most concerning thing to me was that they did a good number today in terms of dollars but they still are not bringing in the backers that it needs. That means a majority of the money came from the addon's, which let's be honest is not going to fund this thing to goal. This KS needs backers, pure and simple. It is not going hit goal with only about 3500 backers (which is how it's trending).

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If that interview doesn't make you toss $60 towards the kickstarter, nothing will. I dont know if there is enough people who actually want this game to happen, but if you are still on the fence you are just being petty.
Being passionate doesn't make you able to effectively manage the development of a game. There's nothing petty about understanding that.

supertouch_sl said:
Mark Jacobs raised 2 million bucks for Camelot Unchained. I don't see why Pantheon couldn't do the same.
Uh, the past 17 days of Pantheon vs the first 17 days of CU? CU raised double what Pantheon currently has -- on its FIRST day. I really can't see how you could think Pantheon could follow CU's course when it clearly has not come close to doing so yet.

Remit_sl

shitlord
Being passionate doesn't make you able to effectively manage the development of a game. There's nothing petty about understanding that.
So understanding your shortcomings, admitting your mistakes to probably over a million people, and bringing in additional management within the first 11 hires doesnt count?

DickTrickle

Comparison wise. Daily data overall for it and other games on there seem to follow the huge U pattern. Wasn't talking pure numbers , talking about the trend overall

Camelot Unchained by City State Entertainment :: Kicktraq
What does that matter? The pure numbers matter. Their graphs shouldn't even be compared since the Pantheon KS started with hardly any fanfare, unlike CU. The flatter U for Pantheon just means it started poorly. That's not anything to be encouraged by.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Don't think it will come close to 2 million , it's up in the air to hit 800k and fund, I just meant all the KS seem to have a terrible slump in the middle.

On CU specifically , (which was ran much much better I've always said ) , if I remember correctly many fans had written off the last week , thinking it wouldn't possibly hit what it did the last couple of days.

Again ,maybe some money bags folks will jump in at the end , or the PR blitz will continue to trend up.

Hopeful but doubtful is how I view it. I want this type of game , I just am realistic in the current numbers.

DickTrickle

So understanding your shortcomings, admitting your mistakes to probably over a million people, and bringing in additional management within the first 11 hires doesnt count?
Yeah, that would all be good and dandy except for how mismanaged the KS was. So, sure, he might genuinely be sorry (and I think he is) and learned SOME lessons, but being prepared and knowing how to manage huge tasks... not so convinced.

I did pledge $1 though, so I guess I'm technically off the fence. Heh. Decided to sign up to back Deliverance and figured I should at least give a buck for the forum entertainment he's provided.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Wow they are really strapped for concept art. That's not even a dungeon that will appear in the game.

That's just something the guy who is there main designer was practicing on because he was new to unity.

I'm pretty sure it will be in the game. And certainly in for alpha.

Edit: I thought brad stated they were going to use it for testing at a minimum.

Remit_sl

shitlord
Yeah, that would all be good and dandy except for how mismanaged the KS was. So, sure, he might genuinely be sorry (and I think he is) and learned SOME lessons, but being prepared and knowing how to manage huge tasks... not so convinced.

I did pledge $1 though, so I guess I'm technically off the fence. Heh. Decided to sign up to back Deliverance and figured I should at least give a buck for the forum entertainment he's provided.
How quaint

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
If I was the team, the most concerning thing to me was that they did a good number today in terms of dollars but they still are not bringing in the backers that it needs. That means a majority of the money came from the addon's, which let's be honest is not going to fund this thing to goal. This KS needs backers, pure and simple. It is not going hit goal with only about 3500 backers (which is how it's trending).
This is the biggest issue. Project definitely needs more backers, and it is slightly surprising this only has 2,100ish. Guess you gotta keep targeting the people who played Vanguard and EQ. Although many may think Vanguard as a black spot on his resume, there has got to be 5,000-10,000 people out there that played the game and actually really enjoyed it, people who really disliked the management of Vanguard were not gonna pledge anyways so who cares.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
They need to 24/7 keep improving the KS site and keep going back and pushing it again where it has already been and new places. All the time. Jacobs never shut up about his.

Don't whine about it takes too long to make videos , don't whine about anything. You dug a hole in the beginning of the KS and have to make up for it.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
They need to 24/7 keep improving the KS site and keep going back and pushing it again where it has already been and new places. All the time. Jacobs never shut up about his.

Don't whine about it takes too long to make videos , don't whine about anything. You dug a hole in the beginning of the KS and have to make up for it.
I'll give Brad this...Fuck if he doesn't make changes and improve every day. /hope

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I wish I was money bags though, I woudn't but one huge pledge , instead 20 or so of those 500 tier ones and give them to the RR crew.

After Brad confirmed there would be voice chat used in the dev guild you get into if at that tier or higher , I'd say the entertainment value for that would be long remembered.

Aradune_sl

shitlord

Actually it will be part of the game. I am a big opponent of doing work just for a demo. Sure, you have to do demos, but don't make it throw-away work if at all possible.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great interview today Brad, keep trucking along. KS is looking 100x better and keep listening to the feedback. Your team has a very passionate audience that really wants to help this game get made.