Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
$15 a month sub for forum access is something that Boozecube would have mentioned 150 pages ago and everyone would have said stfu you're trolling lol, what planet are we even on right now?
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm truly going WTF.

Again, wtf.

So we are all going to chip in a buck each to fund one account to be posted here for all though aren't we ? There's NO way we can miss out on the secret alpha 15/month forum posts.

The entertainment value will be too much.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Meh, I won't do it, but it's the same thing as pledging in easier installments if they keep the tier thresholds.
Yeah I asked that earlier , if it builds up and counts towards pledge tiers , it's not bad and a good move on their part , more people can kick in 500 bucks if it's 15/month for 3 years and gets you the alpha forum access as part of it.

If it's just alpha forum access + a collector edition and doesnt count towards tiers ? It's fucking insane.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
So we are all going to chip in a buck each to fund one account to be posted here for all though aren't we ? There's NO way we can miss out on the secret alpha 15/month forum posts.

The entertainment value will be too much.
we need a mole on the inside

rrr_img_60044.gif

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
$15 a month sub for forum access is something that Boozecube would have mentioned 150 pages ago and everyone would have said stfu you're trolling lol, what planet are we even on right now?
Hell if nothing else I give credit to the fact this guy has some giant fucking balls to pull this.

rrr_img_60043.jpg

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I am pretty sure the monthly sub will be after the KS goes down. It isn't even ready yet.

That being said, it is not a horrible idea... I think they should have a discount for year pay type thing. ($99 etc)

I am by no means a fan boy, but if they offer interesting insight into the development progress, I could see a small group paying.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I am pretty sure the monthly sub will be after the KS goes down. It isn't even ready yet.

That being said, it is not a horrible idea... I think they should have a discount for year pay type thing. ($99 etc)

I am by no means a fan boy, but if they offer interesting insight into the development progress, I could see a small group paying.
Being willing to pay for forum access to a game that will never get produced makes you not only a fanboy but one of the world's biggest fucking idiots.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Skimmed the last few pages, has anyone made the joke about how this is Plan B, and the game needs to be aborted?... Lol

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
There's lots of forums around the net that are pay-access. It's crazy, but not unheard of.
Let's see if there is enough interest in a niche pay-access forum, for a niche pay-access game. How many zealots are needed to keep 10 grown men from finding real jobs? Right now the minimum wage is $8.00 per hour. 10 staff at 40 hours a week is $3200 a week or $12,800 a month.

It would require 854 Champion Members
or
2560 Supporter Members
or some combination of the two just so these guys can make a McDonalds salary and not get grown up jobs. Of course in return for your unending support you will get an in game pocketwatch, or batman backpack, or whatever we can promise that keeps those sweet sweet dollaroos coming in.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
4. Difficulty- as defined by risk/reward ratio, player vs. player competition, and a meaningful death penalty.
I don't agree with difficulty as defining "old school" at all. Depending on the content, WoW had some of the most difficult content ever created in the form of very high end raiding and trying to reach Gladiator in arena. You can say a lot about WoW, but saying that the "top end" was easy is very off base. Leveling, yes. Top end, no way. There was nothing inherently hard about EQ's leveling or progression either, in my mind. So, I don't difficulty is a defining factor either way.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The difficulty was in the amount played. Plain and simple. All the key quests, all the camping for all the good shit. That's what set apart players in EQ.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I don't agree with difficulty as defining "old school" at all. Depending on the content, WoW had some of the most difficult content ever created in the form of very high end raiding and trying to reach Gladiator in arena. You can say a lot about WoW, but saying that the "top end" was easy is very off base. Leveling, yes. Top end, no way. There was nothing inherently hard about EQ's leveling or progression either, in my mind. So, I don't difficulty is a defining factor either way.
You could zone into Unrest and meet a train at the zoneline, be more or less instagibbed. Then if you were melee, you'd have to run all the way from BB or Kelethin to get your corpse. And you lost exp. And you were cursing along the way. This was at level 18.

In WoW, you never cared that you were instagibbed because nothing was ever lost. You could die at level 8, 18, 20, 60, and it never matted. You never got trained either. And you never lost exp. So nothing every really mattered.

That's oldschool difficulty.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Again ,if it adds to your tier access total it's like a payment plan that gets more to a 500.00 tier. = smart move on Brad and Co's part.

But if it's not , that means they are asking someone who wants in on the inner circle forums the entire time to pony up 500 for just the forums and a CE copy of the game. You'd still have to buy whatever tier you want on top of that to get other perks or add-ons. = Milking the true believers to silly levels.

I'm very curious which way they are going with this choice.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That's not really difficulty though, that's tedium.

The thing that I want the most out of a game like this is the open huge world with lots of dungeons, mini bosses, bosses, placeholders...etc... Give me a reason to play, which is the one arm bandit that these games have been missing.

Camping takes on a different light when you know that maybe that boss will pop and he can drop that awesome gear.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
That's not really difficulty though, that's tedium.
Eh , I'm not sure I'd say it's difficulty or tedium , more there's consequences from the unexpected. Things you can't control nor "know" 100%. I prefer the less safety rails the better myself , but I don't call it difficult , and not really tedious because it makes me enjoy the overall experience more.

I'm weird though :p