Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Read: I'll suck SOE's dick till I choke on their wad.

I'm not telling you to research for me. I'm not pandering to you bullshit either. You disagree.. You prove me wrong. I'll refute.

That's how it works.

Welcome to the days before one could hide anonomously behind a fourm handle and be an internet superhero.

Ball is in your court. Stand your ground against my comment, with backing to support yours, and I'll refute it after work with a mountain of crap SOE has fed to their players.
Uhhhh... Burden of proof is always on the person who makes a claim. That's kinda the basis of our entire modern legal system.

You claim SOE has lied to and back stabbed its customers for a decade, so prove it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats the problem with human nature though. there are two sayings in my business and can probably relate to any business because thats just how people work and think.

1) Youre only as good as your last _______

1) You can do 100 positive things and no one gives a shit, its whats expected. But do that one negative thing and it can ruin your entire career.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I like how they forgot about that game the day after release it was all "Woohoo Dragon's Prophet has mounted combat and it's so metal etc" into crickets once it came out.

Looks like Sony was testing the "Asian games in the U.S." MMO market with Wizardry and Dragon's Prophet and I think they found out the answer. I bet it closes down during 2014 and they stream line there MMO listings to just Unity engine games + EQ 1/2.
There are good and bad Asian games. The problem isn't the developer location, it's simply those two games were absolutely terrible.

I'm with Quaid. SOE has released several games I've enjoyed quite a bit. I've never felt 'lied' or 'betrayed'. If you feel this way about a gaming company not named EA, you are trying to hard.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Read: I'll suck SOE's dick till I choke on their wad.

I'm not telling you to research for me. I'm not pandering to you bullshit either. You disagree.. You prove me wrong. I'll refute.

That's how it works.

Welcome to the days before one could hide anonomously behind a fourm handle and be an internet superhero.

Ball is in your court. Stand your ground against my comment, with backing to support yours, and I'll refute it after work with a mountain of crap SOE has fed to their players.
Rofl. Get the fuck out of here. That is most certainly not "how it works".

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This thread is getting atrocious. Can we replace -nets with pies to the face? Something with a bit more impact might start to keep the tards in-check.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
While I agreed with you regarding SOE, that isn't "how things work"

If someone makes a claim, they should support it, disagreeing parties can then refute that claim also using evidence, you don't get to flagrantly make claims then the other part is solely responsible for back up their disagreement with evidence

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who is this Graye tard?

People just popping up out of the woodwork being retards. It's excellent!

Looks like this KS is fucked. What does that mean for the game exactly?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is this Graye guy actually saying SOE is being deceptive because Landmark is too far along in Alpha? GTFO...

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
There are good and bad Asian games. The problem isn't the developer location, it's simply those two games were absolutely terrible.
Yeah I enjoyed Aion for a bit, I think there can be good Asian MMOs I'm thinking they got the rights to publish these games on the cheap and when they start to lose money on it they will pull the plug asap with no chance of renewal just like wizardry.

I just checked who made Dragons Prophet and apparently they made one game before it that is a Micro transaction based clone of World of Warcraft.

Not much hope.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
What does that mean for the game exactly?
You now get to pay a subscription so you can access the official super elite fanboy forums in the hopes that the tens of millions of people who will subscribe monthly to access them will fund the game.

Graye_sl

shitlord

If someone makes a claim, they should support it, disagreeing parties can then refute that claim also using evidence, you don't get to flagrantly make claims then the other part is solely responsible for back up their disagreement with evidence
He didn't even refute. He posted some dumbass retort saying: "Citation needed."

Citations are also not a requirement for "common knowledge" aspects.

This 21st century "university" bullshit is downright retarded.

This is not a court of law, even if it were, body of proof is not required to submit an accusation of wrong doing.

Fucking armchair lawyers.

(That isn't all at you Flex, just the initial line was)

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord

Exactly. I don't even disagree with him. You don't get to shift the burden of proof because you want to be lazy though. If you're not prepared or willing to back up claims then you shouldn't be making them.

That being said going back to his post about doing a doctoral thesis. The big difference around here when it comes to SOE and Brad is how they went about their shitty practices. Brad came to us personally and then spent the months leading up to Vanguard's embarrassing launch lying through his fucking teeth. He was going back and forth with Ut about the state of the game and the entire time he knew that Ut was right. That is why people take issue with Brad around here more then a entire company. Brad made it personal by trying the "I'm just one of you!" routine. Curt Shilling did the same thing. If Curt ever tries to make another game and if he tries to hype it here he will get the same response.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
He didn't even refute. He posted some dumbass retort saying: "Citation needed."

Citations are also not a requirement for "common knowledge" aspects.

This 21st century "university" bullshit is downright retarded.

This is not a court of law, even if it were, body of proof is not required to submit an accusation of wrong doing.

Fucking armchair lawyers.

(That isn't all at you Flex, just the initial line was)
Lol you are a fucking fool.

Why do all these retards from the Pantheon kickstarter comments section think it's a good idea for them to post here? I think 90% of them have been fistfucked into oblivion, and it looks like this one is next.

Seriously though, wtf is with the community this game is attracting so far? I haven't seen a bigger gaggle of squawking rejects since... Well... Ever.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Seriously though, wtf is with the community this game is attracting so far? I haven't seen a bigger gaggle of squawking rejects since... Well... EverQuest.
Brad dredged the bottom of the lost MMO gamer river and brought up the angriest jaded old EQ players from all time. They will turn on him eventually and tear him to shreds.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No. I never said that.
So what are you insinuating by bitching that"Landmark "alpha" is the furthest thing from a true alpha I've ever been in. It is more akin to the earliest stages of beta."

Is that a bad thing?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You realize there were other MMO's right? What's your explination for them having 1/10th the population of EQ? (There were at least 5 other MMO's in direct competition with EQ. 4 with 3d graphical views.)
You said it yourself(at least, I'm pretty sure it was you), community trumps gameplay. And there weren't 5 MMOs in direct competition with EQ. There were 2, until 2001. Of which there were then 4 and one of them isstillwidely regarded as having the worst MMO release of all-time. By then, EQ had a stranglehold on most of the market that it had grown, thanks in large part to that community > gameplay situation. On top of that, games were mostly following the "EQ" model, so it was similar to what we are seeing with games copying WoW today. They release, steal a few thousand players from WoW for a month or three, and then they all end up right back. So, again, it absolutely was due to lack of competition and not knowing any better(we didn't know any better, because nobody was really trying anything "new" or "innovative" yet. We were still stuck in the model of grinding mobs for levels, camps, slower leveling curves, etc.)

Eve is not a PvE game; I can't say for certain because I haven't read any real reports which include them, but I think if you were to do research? You'd find the people that play Eve only have some cross over into the DIKU games, and instead that market was grown more out of the exploding LoL/WoT, discreet PvP markets that have been huge. Or maybe from Anarchy Online/UO. But I can't say for certain, it would be just a guess. It's not really a DIKU competitor. But you are right, it is an example of how a different focus, and different mechanics, can be successful because it doesn't need to compete with WoW.
Nor was EQ(directly? Yes. Indirectly? Hell no). Hell, half of the "good times" people pine for here are because of PvP related issues. Guild drama, loot drama, server drama, PvP servers, etc. EVE offers all of that and a whole lot more. It has a fairly robust PvE system, rife with exploration, "dungeons", large consequences/setbacks for dying, etc. So, I'm not really sure what point you're trying to get at by saying EVE is not a "PvE" game, nor how it is really relevant one way or the other.

And the whole time I had the bad points of the game on my mind, and how inferior it was to WoW; but yet certain mechanics which got left behind in the first "market refinement" of the genre? For me? Obviously still work. And deserve to be explored.
Absolutely they do. I agree with you entirely. Do you honestly feel confident that Brad is the man up to that task?

In the end, the market might just never support another growth; but I still think the future is niche games. I don't think in 20 years the landscape will be one big MMO, but instead a bunch of fragments. Some of them hardcore, some of them more like WoW, some of them in between. As tools get easier and cheaper to use, someone outside the triple A space is going to make a DIKU that plucks out a different set of mechanics from EQ and refines them, and then sprinkles in WoW's access---and you're going to see a shift in the market again. (Heck you might just see that from EQN/L even though I think that's less of an iterative shift and instead will be a growth--like EVE, since Landmark is not direct competition)
I also agree here. I'm not entirely sure there is going to be another large growth of the market, like we saw with EQ and WoW. I definitely think the MMO space is going to segment down into niches, once things become cheaper/faster to build. I think EQN/L has thepotentialto grow the market, but even if it does, I really don't think we'll see another explosion like we did with EQ and WoW, from a pure percentage standpoint.

I think Dark Souls is a great example of people who understand the difference between difficulty, and frustration, or tedium.
And that's the issue with "difficulty" in the MMO space. There's a very fine line between real,actualdifficulty, and just simple tedium. I think EQ did a horrible job with that balance. 99% of the "difficulty" associated with EQ was nothing more than tedium. Does that mean it'll be impossible for a team to strikejustthe right balance? Absolutely not, but I think it's going to take many iterations before it's struck, and like we've been discussing, MMOs aren't exactly cheap ventures at this moment in time.

Graye_sl

shitlord
Lol you are a fucking fool.

Why do all these retards from the Pantheon kickstarter comments section think it's a good idea for them to post here? I think 90% of them have been fistfucked into oblivion, and it looks like this one is next.

Seriously though, wtf is with the community this game is attracting so far? I haven't seen a bigger gaggle of squawking rejects since... Well... Ever.
Hmm well... "From the pantheon kickstarter."

I guess being around these forums before the latest and greatest incarnation doesn't mean much.

I mean, for christ's sake... How could I have a normal life not ego-stroking people on a forum for 4 years right?

If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.

The pantheon fans circle-jerk has nothing on the RR circle-jerk, that's for sure. At least their's will end with a semi and no happy ending... This one has gone on long and strong with no end in sight.