Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
He's was pretty delusional if he thought this. Nobody is raising money like Star Citizen, it's the exception not the rule:

1.Optimally, we hoped that we could raise money like Star Citizen did and continues to do.This would enable us to fund the game almost completely if not completely via crowdsourcing. If the kickstarter and then subsequent crowd funding via our website resulted in millions of dollars, then we could make the game, get our stretch goals in, and not need to reach out to investors or publishers.

The comments to that article btw are the general consensus outside of people heavily invested in EQ. Brad has way to much baggage for the average person to even consider he's capable of making another successful MMO.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Heh. Star Citizen had 2,300 backers its first day. Over 3,000 more on the second day. They aren't even in the same galaxy(hurr durr), let alone the same league.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Maybe Pantheon can do like Star Citizen is doing with buying ships you can look at in your hangar. You can buy some clothes for your Pantheon guy and look at them in a virtual closet.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Maybe Pantheon can do like Star Citizen is doing with buying ships you can look at in your hangar. You can buy some clothes for your Pantheon guy and look at them in a virtual closet.
Ever Jane did that already

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be fine and dandy with VG2.0 for my $250. I went back to FFXIV since its apparent I can not get satisfication from non-MMO games anymore. My guild is gone, servers are already dead and there is zero community. I even tried transferring. Outside of the slow GCD the game itself is really great on a lot of levels. But the whole idea behind world wide duty finders, people all jumping in 1 trial, wiping 1 time, leaving, trying it again etc just makes it feel so disingenuous.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, accountability really makes a game so much more enjoyable for me. Players knowing who each other are, who is good, who are assholes who quit over one wipe etc just makes for a better gaming experience and community. I fully understand why they don't make games like this anymore due to what the landscape of the broad market base has turned into which is why this was really my only hope left before I ride out into the sunset. Sadly the MMO scene sums up alot of societies problems from my perspective which as long as we continue to trend the way we are means I won't ever be getting an MMO like I'd like.

Brad has shown he has piss poor skills in leadership and management but that doesn't change the fact I still rather take a high risk gamble donating money for a game that is similar to EQ/VG then to sit here and keep waiting that something else may come along. Its just too bad more sport pro's don't play MMO's heavily and want to donate! Sadly they tend to stick to the fps/simple games...I think I was literally the only person on my entire college football team that played an MMO and probably 1 of 3 that played any form of rpg's etc. Someone call in Lebron or KD!

About those comments from Brad stating he can be the CEO of a gaming company. He is delusional, he can't and he's proved it a second time with this KS campaign. He thinks he has a mind for business because people were willing to throw money at his second idea after his first idea proved so successful. He's still as arrogant as he's ever been and I'm surprised there hasn't been any other discussion about those comments here. I figured the piranhas would have swarmed at those statements. I think he's full of shit about learning from his past mistakes now. I was hopeful before, now I am convinced this is Vanguard 2.0.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Its just too bad more sport pro's don't play MMO's heavily and want to donate! Sadly they tend to stick to the fps/simple games...I think I was literally the only person on my entire college football team that played an MMO and probably 1 of 3 that played any form of rpg's etc. Someone call in Lebron or KD!
rrr_img_60335.png

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
1.Optimally, we hoped that we could raise money like Star Citizen did and continues to do.This would enable us to fund the game almost completely if not completely via crowdsourcing. If the kickstarter and then subsequent crowd funding via our website resulted in millions of dollars, then we could make the game, get our stretch goals in, and not need to reach out to investors or publishers..
2 minutes of research would have shown Brad that Star Citizen launched with this trailer.

Assets rendered in game was like the dubstep drop in a room full of people on ecstasy.

I contrast, Brad launched with an interview where he said "grouping" a bunch of times. It's sad because Brad came up in the Dot.Com bubble, where money was as easy to get as he seems to think it is today. Unlike the rest of the market, his industry, due to a few key successes, was seen as one of the bright spots of said "internet market" after the collapse of said bubble. So unlike the other start ups, the scrutiny that became the norm in the market was never applied to him when he went to pitch for MS, I bet. That's why he can say he literally got funding based solely on his reputation and probably why he was "confused" when MS actually started acting like a publisher and scrutinizing his work done and goal posts for the project.

He used poor research, like NOT seeing that Star Citizen had working demos and in depth documents, to convince himself that the KS capital line was like the old days of your name being 99% of what got you through to the money people with no questions asked. The sad part is, that had he just, you know, asked a few people here to proof his concept--or tapped a marketing agent with some KS or Viral knowledge, he'd have easily averted this. Or hell, spent 30 minutes really studying some nuance in what successful KS campaigns did.

In fact: Had he launched with a sloppy, generic, Unity demo, his name, and a fleshed out design document--as well as a working knowledge of how to use social marketing? He'd have easily blown away his funding quota, I think. The fact that he didn't even have these laughably basic things, and still raised 400k, is fucking astounding to me. It really speaks of the HUGE opportunity he probably missed here--all because he expected this to function like the good old boys club of his younger years. The fact that he believes he can be a CEO with that kind of poor due diligence in some basic research and market organization? Is shocking.

2 minutes of research would have shown Brad that Star Citizen launched with this trailer.

Assets rendered in game was like the dubstep drop in a room full of people on ecstasy.

I contrast, Brad launched with an interview where he said "grouping" a bunch of times. It's sad because Brad came up in the Dot.Com bubble, where money was as easy to get as he seems to think it is today. Unlike the rest of the market, his industry, due to a few key successes, was seen as one of the bright spots of said "internet market" after the collapse of said bubble. So unlike the other start ups, the scrutiny that became the norm in the market was never applied to him when he went to pitch for MS, I bet. That's why he can say he literally got funding based solely on his reputation and probably why he was "confused" when MS actually started acting like a publisher and scrutinizing his work done and goal posts for the project.

He used poor research, like NOT seeing that Star Citizen had working demos and in depth documents, to convince himself that the KS capital line was like the old days of your name being 99% of what got you through to the money people with no questions asked. The sad part is, that had he just, you know, asked a few people here to proof his concept--or tapped a marketing agent with some KS or Viral knowledge, he'd have easily averted this. Or hell, spent 30 minutes really studying some nuance in what successful KS campaigns did.

In fact: Had he launched with a sloppy, generic, Unity demo, his name, and a fleshed out design document--as well as a working knowledge of how to use social marketing? He'd have easily blown away his funding quota, I think. The fact that he didn't even have these laughably basic things, and still raised 400k, is fucking astounding to me. It really speaks of the HUGE opportunity he probably missed here--all because he expected this to function like the good old boys club of his younger years. The fact that he believes he can be a CEO with that kind of poor due diligence in some basic research and market organization? Is shocking.
In fact: Had he launched with a sloppy, generic, Unity demo, his name, and a fleshed out design document--as well as a working knowledge of how to use social marketing? He'd have easily blown away his funding quota, I think. The fact that he didn't even have these laughably basic things, and still raised 400k, is fucking astounding to me. It really speaks of the HUGE opportunity he probably missed here--all because he expected this to function like the good old boys club of his younger years. The fact that he believes he can be a CEO with that kind of poor due diligence in some basic research and market organization? Is shocking.[/QUOTE]-------all this is so spot on and what makes this so sad as well cause he would have hit his goals and then some.

So well said, great post.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
it really does suck that this won't reach its funding goal. it definitely looks like a game i would have happily played for several years.

Oort_sl

shitlord
"This project will only be funded if at least $800,000 is pledged by Sat, Feb 22 2014 11:40 AM PST." What happens with already donated $$$? I have not participated in a failed Kickstarted before.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it really does suck that this won't reach its funding goal. it definitely looks like a game i would have happily played for several years.
This won't put a fork in it for them. They will get money, no idea how much, but there are people who will crowd fund and they keep mentioning some conversations with angel investors. It really needs to be enough to get them at least to a second ks. One that meets the standards of this board. Al though critical and petty at times, I don't think the standards people were asking for were unreasonable.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"This project will only be funded if at least $800,000 is pledged by Sat, Feb 22 2014 11:40 AM PST." What happens with already donated $$$? I have not participated in a failed Kickstarted before.
You are not charged

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Latest screenshots are beautiful and impressive. The graphical style reminds me a lot of Vanguard. Really looking good. I mean, wow! So stunning. Nice visuals? Very beautiful? I want to go to there! And I like seeing those atmospherics as well... clouds add a lot of drama. Landscapes I can't wait to get lost in, hurr I mean explore. Yeah, explore is the word! Vu really is a master. This is the shit they should have been posting since the beginning! It looks so good I'm ready to log in!