Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Carl_sl

shitlord
I will, I'll continue to enjoy games as I have for the past 14 years, the rest of you can continue to not enjoy anything you do because you are too busy being shit lords about every new release. At globo gym I'm better than you, and I know it.

It is hilarious though that your best insult is to tell me to enjoy a video game. It confirms something I have suspected, that you don't WANT to like anything new.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will, I'll continue to enjoy games as I have for the past 14 years, the rest of you can continue to not enjoy anything you do because you are too busy being shit lords about every new release. At globo gym I'm better than you, and I know it.

It is hilarious though that your best insult is to tell me to enjoy a video game. It confirms something I have suspected, that you don't WANT to like anything new.
Are you ignoring the elephant in the room with the EQN thread??

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
EQN is going to be awesome. Wildstar is terribly boring. Pantheon doesn't and probably never will exist.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stepping back from trolling, I don't know what you mean. That some people are excited for it?
Some? I think the majority of the people here are interested in playing the game and are glad they are trying to do something "new" even if some don't perceive it to be. I'm assuming you're big on Wildstar, which appears to be a Vanilla WoW clone with unfun classes. You trolling with that bullshit is silly. It makes you look retarded. So cut it out.

Carl_sl

shitlord
I think landmark is going to be awesome for sure, EQN being awesome is going to depend on how much creative stuff gets moved in to that game from landmark, and whether or not this storybricks thing becomes reality, and whether or not you guys end up liking "skillshots" and moba gameplay. I say the things I do because theres a vocal group on this forum who will flat out not play the perfect game because it takes reflexes to be good at it.

I will be playing wildstar because I can count on it being out before EQN. I want EQN more than I want wildstar. I think wildstar questing is boring, but I've never been above stomaching bad questing to get to raiding.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Oh I'm not talking about wildstar here, I agree, can be boring. What I'm referring to is the 300 page discussion in the EQN thread about how this one group of posters wants to be able to auto attack to victory while they group.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh I'm not talking about wildstar here, I agree, can be boring. What I'm referring to is the 300 page discussion in the EQN thread about how this one group of posters wants to be able to auto attack to victory while they group.
I'm pretty sure we know enough about Landmark and EQ Next to have convinced those players that these aren't the games for them. Unfortunately, this tread had made it even worse for that group.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Unless you're tad....

I really wanted Pantheon and am cautiously optimistic on EQN. Still enjoy certain themeparks but I'm done nomading. I'll pick up some wow and swtor from time to time then stick to single player games until something good finally lands. Wildstar looks fucking derivative.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is all kinds of gamers carl, welcome to earth. Some will like what you like, some will not. If we all liked what you like we all would be playing wildstar with you , bro.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wildstar is boring to me. It's seems redundant in this market. If you enjoy it Carl, all the power to you, but please gtfo on telling me what games I should enjoy.

Carl_sl

shitlord
There is all kinds of gamers carl, welcome to earth. Some will like what you like, some will not. If we all liked what you like we all would be playing wildstar with you , bro.
Here's the thing my man, I bought and subbed vanguard on release and for months after, I thought it was the best game I've ever played, with obvious exception to the bugs, and want that experience again. I am not however stupid enough to back the reason that the game was so shitty for his next attempt at being terrible at running anything. The kickstarter alone proves beyond a reasonable doubt that I am right about brad and no more attention or money need be spent on him.

"Wildstar is boring to me. It's seems redundant in this market. If you enjoy it Carl, all the power to you, but please gtfo on telling me what games I should enjoy."

You currently enjoy no games, so if I invite you to enjoy some games while on this gaming forum excuse me for asking you to step away from your shit on everything approach to game selection.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
4. It is pretty obvious now that this is going to take more than the hardcore EQ fan in order to fund this game, unless Brad knows people with deep pockets. How do they intend to appeal to them? All the things I listed above turns off the average gamer into MMORPG's.
I have absolutely no doubt a competent team could have nearly reached even the over-shot 800k in funding based on using the hardcore EQ fans to build a base and momentum to expand. The problem is the VR crew thought.... well no, I don't even think something as simple as 'I think if we take the hardcore EQ fans and use that as a strong base to build a base and momentum to expand to other players.' I want to think they my have even thought the die-hards would be their marketing through word of mouth and then the big hype-train sites that love MMOs would come to them. And in part, that did happen. But in the end, I don't even think they had a basic plan, basic cause/effect guess, basic thought process, anything. They didn't think, that was the problem.

I mean, ironically, their approach has been to try to appeal to all players of all types, an item shop, and a pay-to-win/participate model. Exactly what they were talking down and their fans railing against. And I'm not convinced the VR crew even reallyrealizesit.

We'll see, though, maybe they get a few 100k and that turns into a tech demo and that turns into a small investor and momentum is built that way. I'm not convinced that's their 'plan' though or that they're even thinking about anything at all from the proper perspective or angle.