Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_60699.jpg

How many cheesy lines or references can you put on a poster? I don't know, maybe i'm just imaging this but, I loved EQ1's initial marketing and website. I used to just listen to the music on EQ1's website and read it over and over again. I was younger sure, but you couldn't help but fall in love with it. If I was going to take a risk with a game, I would essentially just remake EQ1 as close as I could, present that game, and then tweak it as I went. EQ would be my foundation and then add one modern mechanic at a time and see how it impacted the community. I may be the minority but I want one of two things from a MMO... I want better looking EQClassic or something i've never experienced. I can sub up 20 different MMO's if I want a mix and match of now.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This would currently require that every single registered person on their private website donate a minimum of ~200.00 each. I would guess that less than 75% of the registered users will turn into paid users. I highly doubt they'll get even close to that 100,000. They need to regroup, do some actual work and make a new Kickstarter. That private website funding is going to be the kiss of death for a lot of people.
They feel most people from the KS will pledge on crowdfund.. I tried to make your point privately last week. I even sent them PMs from people who pledged at 500+ On the KS and won't back the crowdfund. They won't be instantly raising 400k, that's for sure.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
They feel most people from the KS will pledge on crowdfund...
Cool. So they continue to be 100% out to lunch. Fucking awesome.

They need to let go of some designers, or get them to read 'Marketing for dummies' and give them new positions.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree with you but some on this forum are never going to agree with this. I think people confuse nostalgia for 'wanting another EQ'. l?
Fuck man. Will you guys stop with this "it's only nostalgia" bullshit.

My brother who never played EQ (was playin AC) is on p99 for a year now and loving it.

Just because I first kissed a blonde doesn't mean I won't try a brunette. I just like blondes better, nothing to do with my first kiss.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I signed up for a free account on the pantheon site the other day, and this morning there's an email in my inbox that says salty has added me as a friend. Maybe if they let salty be an apprentice developer he'll be able to turn his bot army into a revenue stream for Pantheon.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Fuck man. Will you guys stop with this "it's only nostalgia" bullshit.

My brother who never played EQ (was playin AC) is on p99 for a year now and loving it.

Just because I first kissed a blonde doesn't mean I won't try a brunette. I just like blondes better, nothing to do with my first kiss.
Seriously, this shit is like a broken record every other page.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Cool. So they continue to be 100% out to lunch. Fucking awesome.

They need to let go of some designers, or get them to read 'Marketing for dummies' and give them new positions.
Let go of designers? Are you crazy? Now that they have a site that is going to bring in millions of dollars for this super awesome game, there is no stopping this game from getting made.

Fuck that it's time to double down and hire more staff. If it were me I would add at least 12 or 13 more designers. I mean with all those apprentice developers forking over three's of dollars each they have to be making at least hundreds of dollars a month. I am going to introduce Brad to O-desk then he can hire some Indians for like $.13 an hour we'll get this turd made on the cheap.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
They feel most people from the KS will pledge on crowdfund.. I tried to make your point privately last week. I even sent them PMs from people who pledged at 500+ On the KS and won't back the crowdfund. They won't be instantly raising 400k, that's for sure.
This goes back to my first point in my previous point. They are automatically assuming that a vast majority of the 3k backers is just going to jump up and pledge on their site. That is a horrible assumption. The fact that they don't even have 500 people signed up (paid or otherwise) is the first sign.

Can you still update the KS page after funding is done? Are they going to put some sort of message on the KS that says 'come to the pantheonrotf site to give your pledge'?

Deisun_sl

shitlord
Sadly, the state of mmo's is so bad today that I actually would have liked to see this KS succeed and give Brad a chance.
I'm soooo over all the theme park quest hub collect 10 bear ass mmo's. MMO's are in a terrible state right now. I can't even say I enjoy the genre anymore
frown.png

At least EverQuest Next offers a glimmer of hope I guess.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think the vast majority of MMO players who were aware of this KS wanted it to succeed, whether they were interested in playing it or not. The genuine "Brad haters" are a small minority. It's just hard to support something so unprofessional from what is supposed to be an "experienced" team. The sad thing is that they will probably churn out some really shitty tech demos and the zealots who are paying to view their private forum will lap it up without a critical voice in the room.

elbas

Molten Core Raider
How feasible would it be to prototype a game like Pantheon with one of the eq/wow/etc emulators? I don't think the art could be changed, but could the mechanics be totally different? I played Shards of Dalaya for a while and I thought they did a great job of making the game feel new. Having a running prototype would go a long way to raising KS funds.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think the vast majority of MMO players who were aware of this KS wanted it to succeed, whether they were interested in playing it or not. The genuine "Brad haters" are a small minority. It's just hard to support something so unprofessional from what is supposed to be an "experienced" team. The sad thing is that they will probably churn out some really shitty tech demos and the zealots who are paying to view their private forum will lap it up without a critical voice in the room.
Really, that's the thing. If he'd put forth a genuine and honest effort he would have received some genuine and honest interest on my part. I probably would have evengiven him money even though I have no interest in playing this style of gameanymore. 50 bucks as a nod to nostalgia? Sure, I could go 50 bucks and it wouldn't be that hard to convince me. I'll give a bum on the street 20 for even less reason time to time -- even though I know it's going straight to a crackrock.

But he basically showed up and said, "My name is Brad McQuaid. You should give me money". And 3,000 of these chubs gave him money because his name is Brad McQuaid. I feel no pity for those apprentice developers. They're getting exactly what they're paying for. It's just cyber panhandling, not a genuine process.

The good news is that he doesn't get another chance.

Carl_sl

shitlord
If you aren't a brad hater you are stupid. There's a sucker born every minute and it's you. It is as simple as that. I completely understand people backing his project because I read these forums and know that the posters here who follow anything that might turn out to be eqish are the most out of touch people in the entire gaming industry. Rerolled.org dead wrong on brad, dead wrong on games

Carl for president 2016.