Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Its kickstarter, I expect to get beta for roughly the price of a new game. Or alpha for a hundred!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, has the Kickstarter reached 3 weeks late yet?

Seems that people who are bad at communication and fire all of their employees in a parking lot continue to be poor communicators.

I'll submit McQuaid as a case study.

PhoneticHalo_sl

shitlord
So, has the Kickstarter reached 3 weeks late yet?

Seems that people who are bad at communication and fire all of their employees in a parking lot continue to be poor communicators.

I'll submit McQuaid as a case study.
He said;
"We hope to have our kickstarter page up in the next 3 weeks or so". that was 6 weeks ago.
"Still assembling kickstarter page. Making the video even better. Will launch soon(TM)". was 15 days ago.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
If the video doesn't have some soft of in game footage it's not worth the delay. Pictures of concept art mean nothing and blathering also, while I'm all for delaying video and kickstarter if it's actual footage , if it's anything else it's a sign he still can't manage time.

Fedor

<Banned>
Is This Millionaire Mom Scamming Kickstarter? | DiyTheme.Com

Susan Williams, the millionaire who got $20,000 on Kickstarter to send her 9-year-old to a $1k programming camp, just released a private video update. Her daughter shows 0 interest in making a game, doesn't care about getting $20,000, and just surfs the web on her laptop the whole time : Games

look at this faggot's response:

9-year-old girl's Kickstarter for coding camp is crushing it | Crave - CNET

Trolls take on 9-year-old girl's Kickstarter project...and lose | Crave - CNET

162.jpg

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Will read later the articles later, but the saga of that Kickstarter was hilarious. Or a nightmare. Or frustrating enough to make you want to choke slam the mom. That lady is a fucking scam artist and she's repeatedly used her kids to get free money. I'm not sure how anyone could defend that.

PhoneticHalo_sl

shitlord
Its not that big of a deal and he did say "hope to have", not this is the date. "Soon(TM") is just annoying but is industry standard. The main thing that he takes his time and gets it right.

Skype meeting was just a DnD campaign.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've been pretty apathetic towards this project for the most part, yet I now find myself wanting it to fail.

There's something to be said about the creator of a project who can't even manage his fans expectations. If anyone here has a run a business, it's one of the first real-life lessons you have.

Totes vapes in here bros.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
meh, about 12 people are REALLY following this project at this point. So they really CAN afford to take their time and release it at their leisure. As far as we're concerned, Day 1 was the first day someone spotted a tweet from Brad suggesting a project, to Brad & Co. and the rest of the world, frankly, Day 1 is the day they launch the Kickstarter.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
On point, Flex. The people following this with any interest now are a very small minority and it's going to take more than a few dudes lighting up a forum thread to get this project funded. The pitch needs to be impressive and catch on with people beyond his group of Twitter followers. The idea is that there are thousands of people wanting an old school MMO and this project needs to make enough noise to drum up that support. People are getting way too caught up in his "few weeks" tweet.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the key to success for this one is simple imo

spend less time on graphics

spend more time on content

that is how he can find his niche

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
hell, treat it like a table-top RPG at first

come up with all the numbers first, then build the engine

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been pretty apathetic towards this project for the most part, yet I now find myself wanting it to fail.

There's something to be said about the creator of a project who can't even manage his fans expectations. If anyone here has a run a business, it's one of the first real-life lessons you have.

Totes vapes in here bros.
You spend a lot of time in this thread for someone who doesn't give a fuck lol..

What should the dude do? He said it's going to take longer for the KS to be ready.. Should he put out another message and say it's going to take longer? lol

Bruman

Golden Squire
Clearly he needs to spend millions on voice acting.
Quit living in the past. What he needs to do is video record all the voice actors saying their lines, then sync up the in-game animation and voice-overs with SOEmote.

THE FUTURE IS NOW