Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
I would say it's probably a good deal less than 900. They are considering every registered account on the board as a "supporter". I have no idea how many accounts didn't pay, but I'm sure that not every accountdidpay.
I signed up as a free member to lol at the forums but then lost my motivation. I was thinking they *maybe* raised $5k by now. But $118k?? Am I just being a negative nelly when I say I have a hard time believing that?
Stranger things, I guess.
Well more power to 'em! We should see alpha by the end of the year at this rate! Or at least some demo vids soon, right?
I am one of the fallen!!

Carl_sl

shitlord
I always imagine the early stages of mmo development as a little kid who is overly excited, "and then we'll add action combat, and super situational skills, and a milion dungeons, and 10 continents, and awesome bgs and a million raids, and a billion quests, and a legacy system and 20 races, and and and," and they start all that shit and finish none of it, then we get just another half baked game that doesn't do a single thing well.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I signed up as a free member to lol at the forums but then lost my motivation. I was thinking they *maybe* raised $5k by now. But $118k?? Am I just being a negative nelly when I say I have a hard time believing that?
Well more power to 'em! We should see alpha by the end of the year at this rate! Or at least some demo vids soon, right?
I am one of the fallen!!
I believe the 118k. Reading the Kickstarter comments convinced me there are some serious lunatics who are involved here.

Carl_sl

shitlord
I am one of the fallen!!
what? If by alpha you mean there will be an engine with some things in it, then yea I guess an alpha may happen by the end of the year. 100k doesn't even buy two interns to rub together.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Landing Page

Specifically:

Apprentice Developer

($15.00 Monthly)

Your portal name will beOrangecolored!
Interact with friends and guildmates on the social hub.
Create or join guilds or groups.
Read and reply to public areas of the forums and wikis.
Special Champion color in the Social hub, chat room and forums.
Reply and offer answers to topics in The Think Tank (topics for discourse in the development of the game)
Access to the Supporter forums.
Access to the Champion forums.
Can participate in wiki entries.
Be involved in the Weekly Development Roundtables, where you can communicate with the developers live during streaming.

Any rebuttal ?
I know this is a waste saying this, but that will accumulate into tiers

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
what? If by alpha you mean there will be an engine with some things in it, then yea I guess an alpha may happen by the end of the year. 100k doesn't even buy two interns to rub together.
d00d. i was told on the KS comments that there WILL be alpha by the end of the year or early next year at the latest. Dayna spoke it. let it be so.

kudos

<Banned>
The old posts from the VG drama and now this KS shit reminded me of one thing I would pay for , and I'm not sure it's possible with developer level/legal NDA's signed.

A book where someone interviews most of the main principals involved in what probably is/was some of the worst mmo moments and how they got there. No tip toeing bullshit , but out there statements of the shit that was said and done behind closed doors.

The obvious would be Vanguard, start of Sigil , MS funding ,to parking lot firing , and could entail several chapters , but there are others that could have a chapter or two to add up to a book. Warhammer from EA jumping in to the last conversation had with Jacobs on his way out the door , a relating of what it was like at SOE a month after EQ2 launched when WoW hit the scene and began destroying them , SWTOR meetings a few months after launch when subs literally cliff dived and so on. Even some lesser known but interesting ones like to hear about like how Defiance came to be advertised as a full blown mmo and launched as it did from the folks who had previously launched one of the most stable mmo's. SOE's NGE launch and then how it was actually viewed internally afterwards etc

I'd buy the hardback edition in a heartbeat to hear the true details of what went down on all these.
How about the story behind whatever the fuck happened with Titan and why it went to shit. That would be an interesting story too.

Is Dayna the one who makes less than 250 a week but pledged more than 250 ?

Also amusingly they've already began to lose some of the true believers, and were ignoring one of the folks who wanted to chat about donating more than 10k.

I really want to like the new official website. | Page 2 | Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
I noticed Arctic_Slicer in the Thank You's below posts.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
Is Dayna the one who makes less than 250 a week but pledged more than 250 ?

Also amusingly they've already began to lose some of the true believers, and were ignoring one of the folks who wanted to chat about donating more than 10k.

I really want to like the new official website. | Page 2 | Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
I believe so. Yes. Also the one who accused Arctic of being a troll and brad hater while he was taking shit here for being a brad guzzler... I'm all about being an optimist but...

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Well calling them scam artists now loses its weight if they're basically telling a guy trying to give them 100k+ to sit & spin
Or for a group of people who couldn't even put together a competent KS even after 40 days, any real work on their 'game' after 6 months, etc,etc...maybe they just suck at getting it together. I know, new theory here.

kudos

<Banned>
Well calling them scam artists now loses its weight if they're basically telling a guy trying to give them 100k+ to sit & spin
$10k but regardless I have a feeling that guy may be bullshit anyways. What kind of guy has $10k to throw at a pile of shit like this and has an anime character avatar and sits on some shit forum all day? Pretty sure if you got that kind of money you ring up Brad at his house on the batphone.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
$10k but regardless I have a feeling that guy may be bullshit anyways. What kind of guy has $10k to throw at a pile of shit like this and has an anime character avatar and sits on some shit forum all day? Pretty sure if you got that kind of money you ring up Brad at his house on the batphone.
Yep, sounded just like a_skeleton_03's BS. Wonder if he has a GF named Tiffany...

kudos

<Banned>
You guys don't know many trust funders do you.
I know that if I had $10k I wouldn't be sitting on that slow as fuck forum begging to give it to them. I'd call up Brad and be like "Look, I have $10k if you want it let's figure something out". Paypal? Lol...