Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Not keeping up with this as I don't have my nose buried up Aradune's ass. It'll probably be another WoW clone.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
Having no actual knowledge of the visual direction, I would ask why the visuals matter at all? I'd play a great game with stick figures. If gameplay is what's most important, then who really cares what it looks like. That's my take on it at least.

Explosivo_sl

shitlord
Because with little to no details about EQ Next being out, people were already hating on it for its Disney-inspired art style. I can't feel epic if the world i'm playing in looks like toontown.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Meh, I have a hard time finding any world 'epic' unless it's a first person game. Third person may make for more pleasant gameplay, but it ruins the perspective of the world.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Having no actual knowledge of the visual direction, I would ask why the visuals matter at all? I'd play a great game with stick figures. If gameplay is what's most important, then who really cares what it looks like. That's my take on it at least.
03m.jpg

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
People who say graphics, art and style don't matter are full of shit. I personally want something more realistic than the anime inspired shit we keep getting. Not because it's bad, but because I just don't personally like the style and it feels too commonplace now. Give me some gritty realism and I'll be happy. And I don't need magic flames and/or sparkles on every weapon to feel epic. I'm okay with minor graphical differences mattering, and for early-game items to look like exactly that, early-game items that shouldn't be overly impressive.

There better be gnomes and unicorn mounts, though, or I won't play it!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Luxer made a great point with that pic lol...

Definitely need to tone down the spell particles. JFC it's getting out of hand. It's like a fireworks show everytime you enter combat..

I actually like the idea of spells scaling in size as you gain power tho. Just don't need all the flash.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
To me art style is meaningful because it signifies what the game is about. On the other hand, I couldn't care less about graphical quality as in taking advantage of bleeding edge technology.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
No Levels. All AA's. Full Grind. Wait what?
Would love that 'no levels' part. Grind is overrated, quest grind, dungeon grind, AA grind, bg grind, whatever. No levels at least lets me pick where I want to play that day instead of being funneled into 1-2 zones. Of course you would have to design for it and not just plop into an EQ clone.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I literally wiped my 14 year old ass with my UO cloth map when I saw this opening. Stuck it down my pants and wiped my ass. Threw it away. Serious as fuck.

In some landfill somewhere there is a UO cloth map with pre-swole Flex shit on it. If I die before a good MMO comes out, I'm going to need you guys to go find that map and use it to clone me using that Britania ass DNA.