Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hand horse is actually pretty good except the face hands, if it just had leg hands it would be a solid scary thing.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
that is one creepy ass monster.
Really? I thought it was rather handsome
smile.png

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Pantheon: Rise of the Dank Rerolled Memes

Seriously though... I'm looking forward to whatever these guys produce.

I love MMORPGs. They're pretty much my favourite form of entertainment. When I look back at the most memorable ones, McQuaid has been a highly influential contributor to 2 of my top 3. . There's something I just like about this guy's work, and it's been far too long since I've gotten to enjoy it.

I'm really happy the fuzzy troll days appear to be behind us.

klepp0906_sl

shitlord
Pantheon: Rise of the Dank Rerolled Memes

Seriously though... I'm looking forward to whatever these guys produce.

I love MMORPGs. They're pretty much my favourite form of entertainment. When I look back at the most memorable ones, McQuaid has been a highly influential contributor to 2 of my top 3. . There's something I just like about this guy's work, and it's been far too long since I've gotten to enjoy it.

I'm really happy the fuzzy troll days appear to be behind us.
The fact he doesn't pander to the revolving door of kids faux mmos today. Vanguard could have been an epic eq2. Eqn is going to fall on its face due to smedley and the new trend of following wows casual design.

Pantheon is what I'm waiting for. Eagerly. Took me years and I wasn't done doing everything on my single max level in EQ. In wow I now have 39 level 100s and 1 level 48. Sickening. You can go from 1-100 in the time it takes to do a single hell level in EQ. Don't even get me started on the codesque lobby err queue/instance system.

It's more moba+chat than it is mmorpg. Yea pantheon ftw.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Eqn is going to fall on its face due to smedley and the new trend of following wows casual design.
This isn't just a SoE / Daybreak trend though, its THE trend in the gaming industry. That you actually seem to put hope into Pantheon strongly gives away just how fucked that industry is.

When making MMO's, it seems these days they evaluate aspects of the game, based on what target audience will be attracted, and they only aim for the biggest audience.

Can't have long keyquests, the big market doesn't like those. Can't have huge grinds (outside of Korea), the general audience won't like it. Can't have a hard game with penalties on death, kids won't like it. Too bad there already is a game that caters to the relatively casual majority, and WoW does that shit well, along with a large established fan-base and great backing.

I hope some day they realize niche games sell well in their niche, are be a ton cheaper to produce then A+ titles and still sell well, and they'll also stop remaking games like Bullfrogs Syndicate into FPS games. Probably not though, people still spend money on a lot of crap so no reason to.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I didn't like it...
The 3rd most popular thread in the "competitive gaming" subforum is about bloodbowl.

I'm a huge fan of the game, but objectively speaking it would be reasonable to claim the 2nd game is vaporware.

I hope more companies go broke and more people get fired soon. SoE was extremely long overdue.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
WOW's got a pretty long legendary ring quest the last time I played. It's gated, but it's rather lengthy. Wasn't there a Warlock thing the last expansion?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pantheon is going to happen. It's a small but dedicated team moving in the right direction. Half the people ripping on these guys in this thread are probably going to lose their money to Chris Roberts.. Funny how things turn out..