Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I have no idea what it means, we will all find out together... soon enough.

Curious to know what the expectations should be if it is a relaunch? What do we need to see?

Personally I need some class stuff, some armor sets, concepts art, in game footage, information on some of their features that might set pantheon apart from your average MMO, shit like that
Personally, design docs or foundation principals on classes, mechanics, progression, combat, game focus, etc. are needed pretty badly. Seems like most of what the original team came up with has been scrapped or has contradicted itself. I would also like to see some new environments rather than the same screen shots and videos of the same zone(s) but that needs to come second to some foundation principles. There is just too little information to make any kind of half brained, let alone educated guess, of their direction and what they are wanting the game's identity to be.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Does relaunch mean reintroduce a game so long after it was originally introduced that they hope people will forget all the bullshit that Brad pulled the first time they tried to launch it in this case
Bingo. New and improved...sorta...if you never saw it before...LOOK, we have mer-people and stuff!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Relaunch is where they probably do another kickstarter with a much lower target so they can actually pilfer that money instead of watching it go poof when they dont hit the amount. Then comes endless alpha which seems to be all the rage for games like The Repopulation and some others. This way they can keep suckering in more people for more money with founder packs and other things.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Relaunch is where they probably do another kickstarter with a much lower target so they can actually pilfer that money instead of watching it go poof when they dont hit the amount. Then comes endless alpha which seems to be all the rage for games like The Repopulation and some others. This way they can keep suckering in more people for more money with founder packs and other things.
Don't forget Starbound!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey Convo, do they have plans to do another kickstarter in 2015 or 2016 ?
I don't think so, no. But I don't have any kind of insider Info or anything in that regard. Just my opinion. They've been hiring people so not sure how to take that. Could be more voulenteers or they have some money.

Thlayli

Lord Nagafen Raider
During Vanguard days, Brad came on FoH personally to share beta screenshots and engage in dramatic lightsaber duels with Utnayan. Dunno what's funnier, that he's apparently incapable of even that level of 'community engagement' nowadays, or that people are apparently willing to eat shit a second time.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
^ yeah but posters here have had 10 years since then to develop into jaded cynical assholes. same people, different audience.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
^ yeah but posters here have had 10 years since then to develop into jaded cynical assholes. same people, different audience.
We also have 10 years worth of incompetence, theft, drug usage and lying to give us a more informed opinion. Let's not try and push some bullshit narrative of people being cynical for no reason.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I won't even argue that people have every right to be cynical. Brad needs more before he's posting here. Not really trying to discredit Brad but I think people are under estimating the involvement and dedication of the rest of the team. Especially Joppa.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I won't even argue that people have every right to be cynical. Brad needs more before he's posting here. Not really trying to discredit Brad but I think people are under estimating the involvement and dedication of the rest of the team. Especially Joppa.
The only way I see Brad ever posting here again is if this is, by some miracle, a huge success.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
There's hope since he's delusional enough that even if the game is a flop he may think it's a huge success and post here. Best case scenario? Fingers crossed!
Define 'flop'?

I'd say if the game comes out and sells enough copies to keep him and his staff gainfully employed doing what they love, then it is a success.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
This game.
I like your optimism!

I would say there isn't yet a game, just Brad living his life, but hey if he can keep himself employed and elbow deep in pills even I'll have to agree with Quaid the game isn't a flop.... See also: my 37 year old buddy couch surfing doing odd jobs and focusing on his 'band' that is happy as hell as long as he's got weed and shrooms.

So, yeah, flop is relative, but I'd now like to make a joke about this game being flop-sweat.