Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
A no-lag high fantasy open world with non-instanced dungeon crawls, meaningful itemization and functional raidings are all I am asking, I'll be glad to pay for a subscription. Damn, my bar is so freaking low nowadays.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
There shouldnt be a bread crumb trail of revealed progress, nor should there be any "big news coming soon!" type shit that doesnt deliver or exist. There is almost no right way to market an honest to goodness MMO in todays online consumer landscape.
Agree and disagree. I agree there should be no metered out bullshit PR hype machine, but I do believe the right way to market an MMO is to actually make the damn thing, then internal alpha the shit out of it, and don't say a single word to anyone until you're ready for a beta test that is actually nearly a ready to ship product.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Agree and disagree. I agree there should be no metered out bullshit PR hype machine, but I do believe the right way to market an MMO is to actually make the damn thing, then internal alpha the shit out of it, and don't say a single word to anyone until you're ready for a beta test that is actually nearly a ready to ship product.
You highlighted my point. Thats the only real way to do it, is late in the design process so you actually have something tangible to promote.

You cant market your "vision" anymore or hype a certain concept to try and carve out a certain niche. So you cant really market an MMO anymore, you can only promote something you can hang your hat on.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the world of gaming is a lot different than it was 20 years ago. "vision" isn't worth the ASCII its typed up in.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
+1

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
You cant market your "vision" anymore or hype a certain concept to try and carve out a certain niche.
Yeah! You just can't market your vision anymore! You sure can't get anyone hyped for just the promise of a game, even if it is in space! You can't do that anymore! And you sure can't go to KS with a very basic idea and raise 450k and have everyone agree you probably could have raise your million if you'd just had anything at all that looked like a plan, vision or direction even still without having an actual game! You just can't do it! The world of gaming is so much different than it was 2 years ago!

Tell us more about how you promote a game instead of market it. Sounds like real smart stuff.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah! You just can't market your vision anymore! You sure can't get anyone hyped for just the promise of a game, even if it is in space! You can't do that anymore! And you sure can't go to KS with a very basic idea and raise 450k and have everyone agree you probably could have raise your million if you'd just had anything at all that looked like a plan, vision or direction even still without having an actual game! You just can't do it! The world of gaming is so much different than it was 2 years ago!

Tell us more about how you promote a game instead of market it. Sounds like real smart stuff.
Maybe he should have said you can't market your vision when you already screwed your consumer base for the last 15 years and a majority of your employees. Is that better?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You can't market your vision when vaseline is smeared all over the lenses.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
They got a round of funding. Looks like they marketed their vision??
Con artist and a fool easily parted with their cash doesn't mean they successfully marketed their "Vision".

We also have no idea who the angel investor is.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Pantheon is my no. 1 most hyped future release right now. It's the only game where no matter how awful or great it is, I still win and will be greatly entertained.

BRAD MCQUAID HAS DONE IT AGAIN!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Pantheon is my no. 1 most hyped future release right now. It's the only game where no matter how awful or great it is, I still win and will be greatly entertained.

BRAD MCQUAID HAS DONE IT AGAIN!
Well your hype or antihype entertainment coefficient is going to be very small since almost everyone on the internet doesn't give a shit about this game except for a few small neckbeard communities. So is the entertainment still just as good if the antihype hits far less people than a normal failed MMO?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well your hype or antihype entertainment coefficient is going to be very small since almost everyone on the internet doesn't give a shit about this game except for a few small neckbeard communities. So is the entertainment still just as good if the antihype hits far less people than a normal failed MMO?
Yes. Because the majority of that minority is right here on this forum.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yup. ReRolled is definitely in the top 5 news sources for Pantheon! Ahahahah. Behold your neckbeard kingdom, Draegan!