Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Hmerly

Golden Knight of the Realm
Brad and pals need to goto Asia and hire the cheap labor there to make their game. Imagine production values of Black Desert Online with gameplay of Everquest + modern conveniences... I'd blow another 5 years of my life

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Chinese art outsourcing isn't cheap anymore or so I hear.

Edit: Last time I looked into that stuff, I heard vietnam had good programmers. I wonder if they are doing art yet? They might have a hard time if they are on crusty old machines with low ram and gpu power these days. But I think a dollar still goes a long way there?

Here is a bit of info from one of the people who was invited to "pre-pre-alpha" test. I have no knowledge of him or his previous blogging about mmos, but it sounds like he was critical originally and is now cautiously optimistic. He doesn't give NDA breaking levels of info, but he does verify that they have a working game in a few zones.

A Glimpse into the Pantheon Development Process at Visionary Realms | Wolfshead Online
from that site...
----
About The Author
Wolfshead

I am a game designer, a MMORPG player, a musician and a Christian who has been blogging about virtual world and MMORPG design since 2005.
---

there's your redflag.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seeing that article was the first time I have heard about Wolfshead. If there is some inside joke to it, I'm not aware. So far, its the only info from a non-VRI person playing the game that I have heard of.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Wolfshead is probably a good voice to listen to. Avid EQ die-hard, not interested in many MMOs outside of EQ, and loved Project 1999. So, if he likes what bradley is selling, I'm sure a certain group on here might like it.

I don't think there's much of a game and I'm sure bradley will release what he has way too early but isn't that to be expected?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
A certain very small group*.

That's kind of the problem. And I'm sure they'll be properly disillusioned when he reveals his instancing/mirrored server plans.

Also, being Christian doesn't make your views any more or less reasonable when it comes to video games in general. But specific instances where your faith comes into play (games with devils/demons/etc or games where you clearly circumvent bible crap come to mind) might be like kryptonite. Maybe his opinion on respawn mechanics are religiously based or something?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
A certain very small group*.

That's kind of the problem. And I'm sure they'll be properly disillusioned when he reveals his instancing/mirrored server plans.

Also, being Christian doesn't make your views any more or less reasonable when it comes to video games in general. But specific instances where your faith comes into play (games with devils/demons/etc or games where you clearly circumvent bible crap come to mind) might be like kryptonite. Maybe his opinion on respawn mechanics are religiously based or something?
Christianity has kinda burned this game before

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Bisi s last pic was terrible, not even animated. Bar is too high with his amazing animated gifs.
ojWzEO7.gif

Bui7N0oIgAAL9Zg.jpg

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
What an idiot. There's no AAA title, let alone MMO, that can pull off a fraction of what he wants. What he is arguing for is near-human level AI in an MMO. And to quote the physicist Michio Kaku, the most sophisticated form of AI we have right now has the IQ of a retarded cockroach.
If Pantheon can deliver on this it might be worth while:

Dynamic NPC Encounter Groups
The world is not static and unchanging ? every day is not ?groundhog? day. Events occur that can completely change the population of a zone or the population of a group of NPCs within a zone (and the rarer the event, the rarer the rewards -- many exotic items can only be obtained when one of these zone events occur). An example: after you kill some key mobs guarding a hill giant camp, this triggers a zone event that loads up an invading force of Storm Giants who then proceed to attack the Hill Giant camp.